Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
196 views
1. what am I trying to achieve:

in windows based application written in VB.NET using VS 2010 based on the results of questionnaire I am creating summary statement that consists of logical parts that I call declarations. when mouse go over the "declaration" I need it to change color and if user right clicks on the "declaration" I would like to open menu of substitute choices, option to create new declaration on the fly and delete existing one from the text. will appreciate advise on whether I can use any custom text control to achieve my goals. Thank you.
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2013
2 answers
477 views
Hi,

I am using several MultiColumn ComboBoxes in a Windows Form, and would like the combo boxes to have nothing selected when the form is first loaded.  The boxes will not have any text in them, and the user will have to use the drop down to select a row.  Once a row has been selected, the box will show the first column of the selected row.

I have tried using the ClearSelection() method on the EditorControl of the combobox, in both the form shown and form load methods, but the combo box still shows the first record when it loads. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2013
3 answers
184 views
OLAP dimensions  are not displayed consistently in the field chooser in RadPivotFieldList. Dimensions with a multi-level hierarchy are displayed directly below the dimension name (see Publication date in the attached example), but single-level hierarchies are shown under 'more fields'.  When displaying the same cube in Microsoft SSMS both types are displayed in the same way.

Thanks
Sjoerd
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
1 answer
222 views
Hello,
I can't find out how to hide weekends in timelineview with resource grouping.

 I found an example with DayViewBase in your winforms demo, but for timelineview there is no DataAreaElement to use
private void radSchedulerNavigator1_ShowWeekendStateChanged(object sender, StateChangedEventArgs args)        
{            
  if (this.radSchedulerDemo.ActiveView as SchedulerDayViewBaseView != null)            
  {                
     (this.radSchedulerDemo.SchedulerElement.ViewElement as SchedulerDayViewElement).DataAreaElement.ScrollView.Value = Point.Empty;                 
     (this.radSchedulerDemo.SchedulerElement.ViewElement as SchedulerDayViewElement).DataAreaElement.Table.ScrollToWorkHours();            
  }        
}

my ActiveView is SchedulerTimelineView
and radSchedulerDemo.SchedulerElement.ViewElement is TimelineGroupingByResourcesElement datatype.


Is any way how to make it work?

Thank you
Robert

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
2 answers
375 views
I need to have a button on a form that  when clicked -  iterate through all rows of the RADGridview and change some of the rows background color according to some criteria.
All of the samples suggest using 'RowFormatting' event, but it doesn't sound applicable here.

So if my code looks like:

foreach (GridViewRowInfo rowInfo in grdOrderlinesBase.Rows)

{
...
}

How do I make the background of the row corresponding to the i'th rowInfo become red?

Thanks
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
1 answer
171 views
Hi,

I can't get the SelectedItemChanged to fire when I'm clicking one of  the arrows in a radCarousel. There is no problem with the SelectedIndexChanged. But shouldn't they both(SelectedIndexChanged and SelectedItemChanged) fire ? As both the index and item chance when clicking the arrow?

Regards,
Thomas
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
5 answers
250 views
I need to add a button next to the drop down button in a GridViewComboBoxColumn.  is that possible?  the user want's a button displayed when in the cell next to the drop down to add new items to the drop down for the grid.  i've seen stuff where it was customized to add new stuff typed in the GridViewComboBoxColumn but they don't want to do that.  they want a specific click step and a popup to add it.

Thanks!
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
0 answers
186 views
I see the Autoscroll property for the GroupBox but I am unable to set set it to true, and when I try to set it in code it dies not do anything.  Is there some other setting that needs to be set or does this not work?
Eric Klein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Jan 2013
1 answer
98 views
When I set an appointment to something like:
Start Time - 1/15/2013 4:00:00 PM
End Time - 1/16/2013 12:00:00 AM

the appointment spans both days (1/15 and 1/16). Since 1/16/2012 12:00 AM is the same thing as 1/15/2012 24:00, I would not expect this behavior. See the attached image for an example.

I realize that appointments in the month view are taking up the whole day horizontally but an 8 hour appointment starting at 4:00 PM should not look like it is also spilling over into the next day. At least not in my opinion.

I also realize that I can get around this by having the user enter 11:59:59 PM. But 1) its not accurate and 2) its clunky.

Microsoft's Outlook handles this correctly.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
3 answers
255 views
Hi -

I am using the 2012 Q3 2012.3.1211.40 version of the Masked Edit box.
I set the mask property to 'c' for (US) currency.  During design time the masked edit box displays properlt $0.00.  It also displays fine when the form initially starts up.  Not only until you assign a value to the text property does the formatting go away.

I have not experienced this in the previous version of the masked edit box.  I have not made any changes to the source code as well.

Can you indicate if there was a change made or a bug introduced to the Masked Editbox?

Thanks
Bob
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?