This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q32012 SP1 changes... how to revert appearance?

1 Answer 29 Views
SplitContainer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 12 Dec 2012, 07:43 PM
Hello, this is a quick post to see if there's a way I can revert back to the pre-SP1 (released yesterday) appearance of the split container control.  (This project needs to go out today and I probably shouldn't have updated without leaving myself more time).  

According to the release notes:
  • FIXED: Theme settings are applied only to the first SplitterElement.
  • FIXED: The image set for the grip of the splitters is not shown for all splitters.

I wasn't using a specific theme (default), and the splitter was a blue color (on my system) without a grip (they are fixed panels).  Now it is gray with a grip.

Given more time, I'm sure I could find the properties, but if you could help, I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks,
Dan

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Boryana
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 09:28 AM
Hello Dan,

Thank you for contacting us.

In Q3 2012 SP1 we removed the BackColor setting of the SplitterElement, thus leaving the property to inherit the color of the RadSplitContainer's parent. Nevertheless, you can easily override this through setting the BackColor of the SpiltContainerElement. To hide the grips, you will need to iterate through the Splitters collection and collapse the Layout element. Here is a sample snippet:
this.radSplitContainer1.SplitContainerElement.BackColor = Color.LightBlue;
foreach (SplitterElement splitter in this.radSplitContainer1.Splitters)
{
    splitter.Layout.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Collapsed;
}

I hope you find my answer helpful. Do not hesitate to write back if you have further queries. I will do my best to assist you.

Regards,
Boryana
the Telerik team
Q3’12 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
Tags
SplitContainer
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boryana
Telerik team
Share this question
or