Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
449 views
I have 12 radio buttons that I want to place in the same group on a RadRibbonBar.

I would like to have them line up almost grid like - with three rows, and four columns.

They do, however, need to remain in the same group.

Is there a way to do this, without having to deselect all items in the code behind after each and every different RadRadioButton is clicked?

There are way too many Radio Buttons to keep them all lined up vertically or horizontally.

Thank you!  :)
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
5 answers
492 views
I've created RadForm1 and renamed it to MotherForm and put several components on it. Then I've created new RadForm(AlterForm) and inherit it from MotherForm. 
public partial class AlterForm : MotherForm

But in AlterForm designer I've got an error

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: DropForm --- The base class 'AdminControl.MotherForm' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.



Where can be a problem?
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
1 answer
173 views
Hi all,

A very annoying issue that I hope I can get some help on.   When I create Start Menu items and respond to their click events, if I have breakpoints in my code, the start menu sits on top of VS.

Not a huge issue, except that it sits over most of the menu items, so if there's a crash, I can't hit the button to force the app to stop.

Is there a way to force the start menu to close *before* it executes the event?

Thanks!

Rob.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
2 answers
251 views
Is it possible to resize the clock control? I'm trying to add it to a RibbonGroup, but the clock is too big to fit into it.

Thank you very much!
Matias
Matias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
1 answer
134 views
What is the best way to undo a drag/drop of a pageviewPage? I have some business rules that need to be enforced either before,during, or after a user tries to rearrange the tabs.

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
1 answer
197 views

 

Hello
How can I display the ScreenTip for a DropDownList?
I would be grateful for a hint.
With kind regards

Hello
How can I display the ScreenTip for a DropDownList?
I would be grateful for a hint.
With kind regards
Christian Rudat
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
4 answers
147 views
Hi,

I'm using the ListBox control with the Scheduler one, so when the user drags an item with description from the ListBox and drops it into the scheduler a new appointment is created. I saw the Demo you provide, however, this one uses plain RadListDataItem and RadListVisualItem. On the description of each item there's a phone number. I have created a new "Add Appointment" form to hold the phone number. My Question is: how can I Drag&Drop ListBox Items with descriptions and retrieve not only the Item text but the description too?

I've tried the following code, but "item" is always null.
Private Sub radListBox1_MouseMove(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As MouseEventArgs)
    If e.Button <> MouseButtons.Left Then
        Return
    End If
 
    If Me.isDragging Then
        Return
    End If
 
    Dim currentPosition As Point = e.Location
 
    If (Math.Abs(currentPosition.X - Me.mouseDownPosition.X) >= SystemInformation.DragSize.Width) OrElse (Math.Abs(currentPosition.Y - Me.mouseDownPosition.Y) >= SystemInformation.DragSize.Height) Then
        Me.isDragging = True
        Dim dragObject As New DragObject()
        Dim item As DescriptionTextListVisualItem = TryCast(Me.LBox1.ElementTree.GetElementAtPoint(e.Location), DescriptionTextListVisualItem)
 
        If item IsNot Nothing Then
            dragObject.Values.Add(AppointmentFields.Summary, item.Text)
            dragObject.Values.Add(AppointmentFields.Description, item.DescriptionText)
 
            dragObject.Status = AppointmentFields.Summary
 
            TryCast(sender, RadListControl).DoDragDrop(dragObject, DragDropEffects.Copy)
        End If
    End If
End Sub

Thank you very much for your time and attention,
Matias.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
1 answer
213 views
Hi, 

I have RadDock with docked window to the left side. State of this window is auto-hidden. This window has one control RadTreeView which has assigned ContextMenuStrip. This ContextMenuStrip have menu with sub-menu items.
In this case when I open menu and click at any sub-menu item (level 2 or deeper), my window hides, and event from menu item isn't fires. I'm using Controls from Q3 SP1

P.S. If I click at pin button, to avoid window auto-hide, then everything works well.

What should I do? Is there a workaround for this issue?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2013
3 answers
313 views
Is there a DateTimeCategorial Axis for WinForms implementation of ChartView?   I'm bringing in a DataTable who CategorialValue is a field that's a date, but it's sorting it as if it's a string.

Also, after upgrading to Q2, I seem to no longer have "RadChart" in my toolbox.   Would really like to go back to using RadChart based on how extremely limited the functionality of ChartView is.

Thanks

Rob.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2013
4 answers
284 views
Hello,
I fail to assign a specific value to the tooltiptext of a drop down list,
in the past I used  the Tooltiptextneed event as follows
:
    Private Sub ddCountry_ToolTipTextNeeded(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.ToolTipTextNeededEventArgs) Handles ddCountry.ToolTipTextNeeded
        e.ToolTipText = ddCountry.SelectedItem("Label")
    End Sub

But is seemed to be not working anymore

I tried the following:

    Private Sub ddCountry_VisualListItemFormatting(sender As Object, args As VisualItemFormattingEventArgs) Handles ddCountry.VisualListItemFormatting
        args.VisualItem.ToolTipText = ddCountry.SelectedItem("Label")
    End Sub

But the selected index seems to be always "0" ant not the index of the Item on which I want to set the tooltip

How Should I set the tooltiptext to display the desired text ?

Thanks in advance
 

pierre-jean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 05 Feb 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?