Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
113 views
Will it possible to place the DropdownList controls in the SummaryRowsTop?



Thanks
S.Srinivasan
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2013
1 answer
143 views
Will it possible to place the DropDownList in the GridView's Grouping Header?




Thanks
S.Srinivasan
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2013
2 answers
187 views
Hello
I have a grid with alternate colors that I set as follows
                    gvRiders.TableElement.BackColor = My.Settings.lvColor1
                    gvRiders.TableElement.AlternatingRowColor = My.Settings.lvColor2
The colors are correct on the "main" grid, but They are not propagated to the sub-grids (I have two levels of hierarchy in the grid),The sub-grids are displaying alternate colors, but not the same as the main grid, it seems to be teh default colors.
How do I set the backcolor and alternaterowcolor of the sub-grids ?

thanks in advance

pierre-jean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 31 Jan 2013
1 answer
234 views
Hi,

I am grouping a ListView in DetailsView on a databound DateTime column. I can format the CellElement.Text for the column using the cell formatting event:

Private Sub radListView3_CellFormatting(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.ListViewCellFormattingEventArgs) Handles RadListView3.CellFormatting
    If e.CellElement.Data.HeaderText = Me.RadListView3.Columns("NoteDate").HeaderText And TypeOf (e.CellElement) Is DetailListViewDataCellElement Then
        e.CellElement.Text = [String].Format("{0:D}", (DirectCast(e.CellElement, DetailListViewDataCellElement)).Row(e.CellElement.Data))
    End If
End Sub


But how can I format the group header to display the long date format as well?

Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2013
1 answer
210 views
Dear Sir/Madam,

1)How to Manage Rad from  on Tile click event Not user control as In DemoHub?

2)How to show sub tiles on Tile click event?
[When clicking a Tile 1 from Group 1 want to show All Tiles from Group 2 at same Location may contain more Tiles or less]

Thank You,
Dipan



Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2013
1 answer
177 views
Hello,

I use RadScheduler in my project and my appointments have custom colors, icons etc.

I've figured out there is a way to set the colored line on the left for each Appointment in the RadScheduler by setting Appointment.StatusID and constructing the needed Status structure. I wonder if there is a way to set a colored line just like the status line, but on the right side and also on the bottom of Appointment. Is there an easy way to imlement this feature? And if there isn't, then what can be the workaround?

Thank you for your support.

Karl
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2013
5 answers
559 views
Hi,

I'm working on an application in WinForms which uses a RadGridView to display information.
I have run "out of space" and want to display further information as tooltip.
When I databind the grid, I place this information in a column with Visible=false.

I have tried two ways withoug success.
First I tried he CellFormatting event as described in the Help Section on www.telerik.com.
private void gwOffer_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
{
    if (gwOffer.Rows[e.CellElement.RowIndex].Cells["FieldA"].Value != null)
    {
        if (gwOffer.Rows[e.CellElement.RowIndex].Cells["FieldB"].Value != null)
        {
            e.CellElement.ToolTipText = "Sagsstatus: " + gwOffer.Rows[e.CellElement.RowIndex].Cells["FieldB"].Value;
        }
    }
}
I only want to display the tooltip, if there is information to show (FieldB is in the hidden column), but I get values everywhere, and the values are often wrong.

Then I tried to do it manually by using the DataBindingComplete and the CurrentCell property also described in the Help Section on www.telerik.com.
 
private void gwOffer_DataBindingComplete(object sender, GridViewBindingCompleteEventArgs e)
{
    for (int i = 0; i < gwOffer.Rows.Count; i++)
    {
        if (gwOffer.Rows[i].Cells["FieldA"].Value != null)
        {
            if (gwOffer.Rows[i].Cells["FieldB"].Value != null)
            {
                gwOffer.CurrentRow = gwOffer.Rows[i];
                gwOffer.CurrentColumn = gwOffer.Columns["FieldA"];
                GridDataCellElement cell = gwOffer.CurrentCell;
                if(cell!=null)
                    cell.ToolTipText = "Sagsstatus: " + gwOffer.Rows[i].Cells["FieldB"].Value;
            }
        }
    }
}
My problem is that CurentCell is always null.

I hope you can help me how to do this.


Best regards
Henning
Henning
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jan 2013
5 answers
230 views
Hello,

Trying to catch the 'SortChanging' event.

My first guess is that in GridViewCollectionChangingEventArgs
.NewItems, I'm going to fing the new 'SortDescriptor', and in GridViewCollectionChangingEventArgs
.OldItems

But I see that the behavior is different from what I exepected

Initial state: the gridview is not sorted.
Action : I click on the column titles.

1° Click on columne A : First time, the grid is not sorted, in NewItems, I find one 'new item' corresponding to what expected.
 NewItems : A Ascending; [as expected]
 OldItems : null; [as expected]
2° I click on the same column again
 NewItems : A descending; [as expected]
 OldItems : A descending; [not as expected : I expected A Ascending]
3° I click on another column
 NewItems : A descending; [not as expected : I expected B something]
 OldItems : A descending; [as expected]

(NewItems and OldItems are always = 1.)

Which means that I can when changing sort, I can not distinguinshed what exactly has changed from the EventArgs.

Or am I not doing this the right way ?

Thank you for your help.



And in case here the code I'm using to test it right now:

            object o;
            SortDescriptor newSortDescriptor, oldSortDescriptor;
            string newItemString, oldItemString;

            for (int i = 0; i < e.NewItems.Count; i++)
            {
                o = e.NewItems[i];
                if(o.GetType().Equals(typeof(SortDescriptor))) {
                    newSortDescriptor = (SortDescriptor)o;
                    newItemString = newSortDescriptor.PropertyName + ' ' + newSortDescriptor.Direction;
                }
                
            }

            for (int i = 0; i < e.OldItems.Count; i++)
            {
                o = e.OldItems[i];
                if (o.GetType().Equals(typeof(SortDescriptor)))
                {
                    oldSortDescriptor = (SortDescriptor)o;
                    oldItemString = oldSortDescriptor.PropertyName + ' ' + oldSortDescriptor.Direction;
                }
            }

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2013
10 answers
972 views
Hello Team
i have a table with 2 columns  
FieldName       FieldValue
                                                
AD 12.01
AD 13.01
AD 14.01
AD 15.01
BD 23.01
BD 24.01
BD 25.01
BD 26.01
CD 27.01
CD 28.01
CD 29.01
CD 30.01
DD 27.01
DD 28.01
DD 29.01
DD 30.01
Main 10
Main 20
Main 30
Main 40


from the above table i need to create  a pivot table structure like

MAIN AD BD CD DD
10 23.01 27.01 27.01 12.01
20 24.01 28.01 28.01 13.01
30 25.01 29.01 29.01 14.01
40 26.01 30.01 30.01 15.01

and from here i need to generate a line chart with series MAIN vs AD
                                                                                          MAIN vs BD
                                                                                          BD     vs CD
                                                                                          AD     vs  DD

all the data values are in double datatype

there are some thousands of records in the table more than 100,000 records

i dont want to create a for loop for each series addind and (x,y) insertion to it

is there any possibility to add datacolumns as x,y axis in line chart from datatble,????

for example for the above example X axis is MAIN column and Y-Axis is AD column for series-1
something like fastest way, of binding datacolumns to chart Axes

Please suggest

 

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2013
1 answer
117 views
Hi
I have a problem in filter of radmulticolumnCombobox .
when i used this code for filter in radmulticolumn ØŒ I have a error (invalid expression filter ).

MulCmb.EditorControl.FilterDescriptors.Add(Id, FilterOperator.StartsWith, 0);
But if i uesed this code ، i don't have problem .

MulCmb.EditorControl.FilterDescriptors.Add(Id, FilterOperator.IsGreaterThanOrEqualTo, 0);

But I must used FilterOperator.StartsWith.
How can i fix this problem?
Could you help me?

 

Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?