Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
105 views
I need this in both grid combo box columns and the radcombo itself.
when set to dropdownlist, is there a way to skip the first letter in the combo when the combo auto selects something?

I have the following in a combo


D123
D125
D101

the users don't want to have to type the d, but want it in the combo.  they want to type 10 and have it pick D101 etc.

thanks.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
3 answers
283 views
Hi, 

I am trying to get the scheduler to automatically scroll to the beginning of the scheduler's start work when in timeline view and scaling is set to an hour or less.

The potential solutions I have found are for the day view. They include:

Using ScrollToWorkHours()

Dim sdve As SchedulerDayViewElement = rs.SchedulerElement.ViewElement
sdve.DataAreaElement.Table.ScrollToWorkHours()

Setting AutoScrollToWorkTime


TryCast(rs.ActiveView, SchedulerDayViewBase).AutoScrollToWorkTime = True

Or manually scrolling to a time


Dim sdve As SchedulerDayViewElement = TryCast(rs.SchedulerElement.ViewElement, SchedulerDayViewElement)
 
If sdve IsNot Nothing Then
  sdve.DataAreaElement.Table.ScrollToTime(New TimeSpan(DateTime.Now.Hour, 0, 0))
End If

I am unable to get adapt these for the timeline view. Any ideas on how this can be done? 

Thank you very much. 

Clyde
Clyde
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
215 views
How can I disable the resize option on a TimePicker Popup?

How can I set the MinimumSize for the Popup so the user cannot change the Size of my TimePicker control at all?
// This code does not work; user can still change the size of the TimePicker-Popup
TimePickerElement.PopupContentElement.MinSize = new Size(300, 350);
TimePickerElement.PopupForm.MinimumSize = new Size(300, 350);
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
159 views
Hi everybody!

If anybody wants to change code in a telerik winform samples solution, prepare for miracles. Because there are some hidden things like if you change the project target framework you will have some bad time. I.e. Telerik Q1 2012 control pack for winforms, you want to add some linq queries to your test setup, but wait, it won't work. See image..... . So its fun having a project with target framework set to 4 and System.dll is referenced from .NET 2. So cool. Its such a big fun to lose time with these controls. I think it is too hard for you guys, to create a proper project setup. So prepare for fun. Oh and another thing if you wan't to change anything in the project file, after that you can't run the examples anymore.

Greetings.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
167 views
I have a form with 3 raddatetimepicker that seem to take forever to update on a local sql server table.  When I click on my save button it takes about 3 seconds to update the table. If I add 3 more datepickers it takes 6 seconds and so on.  The same thing happens with a radspineditor. if i replace the datepickers or spineditors with textboxes then everything runs normal. Any suggestions?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2013
1 answer
167 views
Hi, 

I replaced TreeView with RadTreeView and after this I cannot drag nodes from RadTreeView into FlowLayoutPanel (actually to any native window control).
I think this is because Telerik's Tree handle drag&drop automatically.

What should I do to have drag&drop from Telerik Controls to Windows native controls?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2013
1 answer
108 views
I have a scheduler i'm adding screen tips to in the AppointmentFormatting event.  i use the following code

var screenTip = new RadOffice2007ScreenTipElement();
                screenTip.MainTextLabel.Text = SchedulerRepository.GetAppointmentToolTip(ent);
                screenTip.CaptionLabel.Text = "";
                screenTip.BackColor = Color.White;
                screenTip.AutoSize = false;
                var sz = screenTip.Size;
                sz.Width = 400;
                sz.Height = 150;
 
                screenTip.Size = sz;
 
                apptEle.ScreenTip = screenTip;

when i double click an appt to edit it (not using the built in editor, my own) the tool tip doesn't go away.  it stays over the screen and messes up the edit.  is there a way to programmaticly close the tool tip?  I'm doing an e.Cancel in the 
AppointmentEditDialogShowing event and then showing the dialog i want with the 
AppointmentElementDoubleClick event.  it's not a modal window, but a user control i'm making visible overtop of the existing scheduler.
Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2013
0 answers
92 views
Hello,

I have created a RadSplitButtonElement and a RadButton in a form. When I click on the RadButton I would like to show the list of RadSplitButtonElement's items near that RadButton.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Afraei
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Apr 2013
14 answers
418 views
hi,

i have a calendar and i am adding a special days list by user.
the first time i all goes well but when i tried to change the user and show the special days for the changed user it stays with the first user specialDays.

Can anyone help me please,

Tanks in advanced,

Best regards,

hasm


Brendan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Apr 2013
2 answers
135 views
I'm looking for a way for a better usage of the  real estate within WinForms ChartView controls, couldn't figure out how to reduce the white areas around the charts. Any hints on how to trigger this? Thanks.
Urs
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Apr 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?