Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
1.2K+ views
Hi

I have ListView  with data and i need text value of selectedItem , when i use this code :

this.label1.Text = this.lstUser.SelectedItem.Text.ToString().Trim();

it returns:  "System.Data.DataRowView"

I also used this code :

this.txtUserPass1.Text = this.lstUser.Items[lstUser.SelectedIndex].Value.ToString().Trim();

when i use data set control its fine and it returns Correct value (for example UserName)!

What have I done wrong?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2013
1 answer
112 views
Hi,

I have a selection of tabs, if i have more than the form size allows i have to use the mouse key arrows to move across to them. Is there a way to add  left and right arrows that can be clicked to move the tabs. like a button or something similar? like the image in the attached file.

Many thanks

Steve
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2013
1 answer
111 views
Greetings, I'm new using your controls and I found a need. I made a gridview using its property builder, and when running the project would like to fill a combobox column with values ​​from a dataset. Can this be made? Thanks for your time.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2013
5 answers
463 views
Is it possible to change the tooltip content when the mouse is over an appointment and make it similar to the one shown on the First Look demo under Scheduler for WPF (containing image,other details,etc.) ?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2013
1 answer
119 views
I currently maintain a WinForms application with 2 RadGridViews.  One of them has a large number of columns.  The application takes a long time to load.  Would it speed thing up to create the GridViews in code - and if so can I just copy the Designer in order to use the properties that have been already configured.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
181 views
Hello,

I have a RadSplitContainer docked (fill) in a RadGroupBox and would like the users, at runtime, to be able to increase or decrease the height of that RadGroupBox thus increasing or decreasing the size of the split container.  I want the resizing to be doable by the user dragging the top border up or down.  How can I achieve this?

Thanks for any help.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
126 views

Hi, I have 3 RadListControl set with selectionMode = MultiExtended

when select in the 1rs list it fill the 2nd list, and when select the 2nd list it fills the 3rd list.

it work well when I select 1 or more items in the list with the mouse or "mouse + Ctrl", but when I select items in one list using  "Shift + Arrow" it doesn't fire the SelectedValueChanged event, so it doesn't fill the other list.
Which event should this fire?

I found this in the forum
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/dropdownlist-and-listcontrol/what-event-fires-on-multiselect.aspx

but this solution is not a good solution for me because every time I fill the lists I should also create the event for every item.

Is it there other solution?
Using the ListBox from Visual Studio and the event SelectedValueChanged work well, but I would like to continue with Telerik

thanks
Iair

PS: I'm using Visual Studio 2010
Programming in C#
Telerik version: 2013.1.220.40  windForm
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
3 answers
118 views
Hi,

I have created a grid that is bound to a view in my datasource with a list of upcoming appointments that match a certain criteria. I want to be able to double click on one of the rows in the grid and have it automatically open the CustomAppointmentEdit form for that appointment. The only reference I am able to find is for commands in Silverlight, but I am using winforms. Is this possible?

Thanks in Advance!
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
234 views
Hey Telerik!

We are looking for a way to have the following functionality.  

Pressing tab while typing in the AutoCompleteTextbox will create an item.  If the tab key is pressed after an item has been created it will move the curor to the next item in the list.  If the cursor is on the last item then normal tab functionality is used and the next tabbable control has focus.

I have attached a picture illustrating all of this.

Thanks
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
1 answer
286 views

Hi there,

I have a radMultiColumnComboBox1 which resizes the contents of its dropdown grid perfectly the first time its DataSource is set. It doesn’t resize itself, however, upon subsequent assignments to its DataSource.

This is illustrated by the two attachments. In “DataSourceSetForFirstTime.png,” everything looks great. In “DataSourceSetTheSecondTime.png,” however, the grid retains its original width even though the data no longer necessitates it.

The code I have is shown below. (As the commented out portions suggests, I’ve tried a number of things.) Can you please help me get the grid to resize itself whenever its DataSource changes?

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.AutoFilter = true;

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.EditorControl.MasterTemplate.ShowRowHeaderColumn = false;

                RadGridView gridViewControl = this.radMultiColumnComboBox1.EditorControl;

                gridViewControl.MasterTemplate.AutoGenerateColumns = false;

                gridViewControl.Columns.Clear();

                //Specify the columns which the dropdown should show

                for (int i = 0; i < lookupDescription.fields.Count(); i++)

                    gridViewControl.Columns.Add(new GridViewTextBoxColumn(lookupDescription.fields[i]));

                //Set the suggestions

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.DataSource = suggestions;

                //Tweak the width. http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/gridview-columns-resizing-columns-programatically.html

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.AutoSizeDropDownToBestFit = true;

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.BestFitColumns(true, true);

                //gridViewControl.AutoSize = true; //This breaks things

                //gridViewControl.AllowAutoSizeColumns = true; //This has no visible affect

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.TextBoxElement.Text = comboText.curVal;

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.ShowPopup();

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.EditorControl.Update();

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.EditorControl.BestFitColumns(BestFitColumnMode.AllCells);

/*

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.DropDownSizingMode = SizingMode.UpDownAndRightBottom;

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.ResetLayout(true);

                radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.UpdateLayout(); */

                //radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.EditorControl.AutoSizeColumnsMode=GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill;

 

Thank you,

Ben


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?