Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
139 views
Hi,

I have a PDF that contains automatic line numbers.
When I open the PDF through the Acrobat Reader, and select a line number (double-click it), the line number is selected and highlighted.
But in case I open the PDF through RadPDFViewer, I can't select a line number. Double-click it does not highlight the number, but put the cursor in the beginning of the text in that line.

I add 2 images that demonstrate the differences:
Problem1.jpg is the RadPDFViewer.
problem2,jpg is the Acrobat Reader.

Is there any possibility to select a line number through the RadPDFViewer?

Thanks
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2013
0 answers
96 views
I want to be able to limit the numbers but dont want the zeros showing is their any way to do this only 4 numbers
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 15 Oct 2013
2 answers
255 views
Hello,

I have a problem with the AutoScroll function of a RadPageView.

I have added a RadPageView to my Form with the ViewMode property set to "Stack" and the AutoScroll property set to True. Then I added some pages to it, the first page has a minimum size of 100,100.

In the event handler of the SelectedPageChangedEvent, when a specified page is selected I add a new page to the bottom of the RadPageView.

The first problem appears when the space for the first page with the minimum size gets to small, the content of the page is now overlaying the other pages.

The second problem is when AutoScroll is enabled, the RadPageView won't be drawn correctly and the content of the first page is shown at the bottom of the RadPageView.

Are there solutions for this?

Best regards
Matthias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Oct 2013
7 answers
774 views
Hi,

I am using latest telerik winform dll for my C#.net windows application. In my app, I have populated a radchartview( Line chart) control programatically by the following lines:

            LineSeries lineSeria = new LineSeries();
            lineSeria.VerticalAxis.LabelFormat = "{0:#,###}";        // Y axis label formatting
            lineSeria.HorizontalAxis.LabelFormat = "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}"; //X axis label formatting
            lineSeria.HorizontalAxis.LabelRotationAngle = 300;
            lineSeria.HorizontalAxis.LabelFitMode = AxisLabelFitMode.Rotate;
            lineSeria.HorizontalAxis.LabelInterval = graphInterval;
            lineSeria.VerticalAxis.LabelInterval = 2;  

            List<Graph_Stat> lstGraph = _oGraphBal.LoadGraphs(); //Loading a generic list for populating chartview
            lineSeria.ValueMember = "Value"; //decimal value
            lineSeria.CategoryMember = "Date"; //date time
            lineSeria.DataSource = lstGraph;     //setting datasouce for line series
   this.chartFrontedContractsSold.Series.Add(lineSeria); //adding line series to chartview and populating it

Here in this example , I have formatted both X and Y axis labels of chartview. The datetime value in X axis shows the correct formatting result. But the Y axis label not shows any formatted output ( for Eg, if I have a value 1000, it should have to be displayed as 1,000).

Please help me.

-Praveen.
     
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Oct 2013
1 answer
143 views
Hi Team!

could you please help me with a short question: How can I scroll within the scrollablepanel when I'm at design time? I have to design a large form with scrolling. But I can't do this, because I'm not able to scroll down the scrollablepanel at design time?

Thanks in advance,

Markus
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2013
2 answers
266 views
Hi team!

can you please help me to remove the border around the documentviews? Please have a look at the attached screenshot to see what I mean.

Thank you in advance.

Markus
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Oct 2013
2 answers
328 views
Hi!

I have a RadListView in ViewMode "IconView". I want to change the highlight border of the selected items.
How can I do this?


Best regards
Markus
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Oct 2013
1 answer
107 views
In our organization, we break when exceptions are thrown. This allows us to improve our code by eliminating exception-throwing as much as possible. Not a problem for our customers, but we don't want to turn this off for our developers, who use it to find problems in the code.

Because of this, we discovered that the Dock code always throws an exception when deserializing the layout because it's trying to create an Image type. Image is abstract, so it throws an exception, catches it, and continues on its way. The code below (from ComponnentXmlSerializer.cs) could be improved by first checking if the type has a paramterless constructor, and then not catching the MissingMethodException. This would speed up deserialization and let us keep "break on exceptions" turned on.

try
{
    newInstance = this.InstanceFactory.CreateInstance(type);
}
catch (TargetInvocationException)
{
    return;
}
catch (MissingMethodException)
{
    return;
}
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2013
1 answer
341 views
In our product, we have used sgen to create .xmlserializers.dll's for all of the classes we serialize/deserialize for three reasons.

First, because we've run into cases where customers had .NET installs that actually failed to dynamically generate the xml serializer classes on the fly.
Second, it improves performance.
Third, we break when exceptions are thrown. This allows us to improve our code by eliminating exception-throwing as much as possible. When there is not a prebuilt xmlserializer dll, the framework throws an exception, which breaks into the debugger. Not a problem for our customers, but we don't want to turn this off for our developers, who use it to find problems in the code.

We cannot generate xml serializer dlls for the Telerik stuff, because they need to be signed using the same key used for the assembly the types come from. Could you guys provide these dlls for your releases?
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2013
1 answer
115 views
When clicking on the application menu, in the quick access toolbar or on a ribbon tab, the ribbon bar control steals the focus from whatever control was focused.

I found the following solutions:
- quickaccesstoolbar: ribbon.QuickAccessToolBar.InnerItem.Children[2].CanFocus = false;
- application menu:
   ribbon.RibbonBarElement.ApplicationButtonElement.CanFocus = false;
   ribbon.RibbonBarElement.ApplicationButtonElement.ActionButton.CanFocus = false;
- tabs: tab.CanFocus = false;
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?