Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
127 views
I got one problem in the Auto suggest functionality in the MultiColumnComboBox Column in the GridView.
I can't type my choice.
I need to select from the dropdown
Pls provide the alternative solution to achieve this functionality.
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2011
6 answers
671 views

I've got a hierarchy gridView in my winform that allows the user to pick items to include. 
In the hierarchy the parent is a "category", and the child rows are "category items".
In the grid, there's 2 columns for both the parents and children: a checkbox (Include?) and a textbox ("category name" for parent rows, "item name" for child rows).

The checkbox in the parent row in the grid is equivalent to a "Select All" at the top of a grid used to check all items, but instead of checking all items in the grid, when check, only the checkbox of it's child rows should be checked.  This way the user can pick individual "items" to include, or all items in a category, by clicking one checkbox.

The primary problem I've had with this is that when a parent row checkbox item is checked, the checkboxes of that category's child rows don't get checked until a second checkbox in the grid is checked.  It's like the checkbox checking/unchecking isn't actually performed until another event fires. 

I've tried handling this in rowChanged, valueChanged, CellEndEdit, CellValueChanged, and other events, and they all seem to do what I want in debugging, but the visible checking of child row checkboxes doesn't happen when it should.

I'm opposed to posting any of the code I've tried since I've tried so many approaches and just seem to be going round and round,  but will instead put it in pseudocode format.  So here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Private Sub gridItems_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles gridItems.ValueChanged

 

 

    'If the changed item is a parent row checkbox Then

 

 

 

        ' For each childRow in currentRow.childRows

 

 

 

            ' childRow.checkboxColumn.checkboxEditor.Value = currentRow.checkboxColumn.checkBoxEditor.Value

 

 

        ' Next

 

 

 

    'End If

 

 

 

 

End Sub

 

 

 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and advice.
Dan
 

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2011
2 answers
706 views
Sirs: Is it possible to have a Rad Control that looks like a link button?
Steve Gray
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jun 2011
7 answers
298 views
I am attempting to use the CellValidating event.  I am encountering two problems.  First e.RowIndex is coming back as a -1 on the a new first row.  The row has been added using data binding.  Question, how can I find what row I am working with.  Second, I attempt to update the value (e.Row.Cells(1).value = "99213"  in a cell to the default, and the data does not show in e.Value.

Respectfully,
Dave
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2011
1 answer
267 views
I would like to change the data source of a Rad Grid Combo Box dynamically. Does anyone have an example of this?

Thanks, 
Chuck
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2011
1 answer
123 views
I want remove the default text "Click here...".
And,I want to focus the fisrt cell as add a new row.
Please provide the alternative solution to achieve this functionality.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2011
1 answer
146 views

Hi,

I need to have a grid which can simulate the pivoting behavior of a pivot grid. I know Telerik does not have a pivot grid in Winforms, but would like to know if such a thing can be implemented somehow.

In the snapshot attached, pivoting has been done on 2 columns "Designation" and "Age". The remaining columns can either show the count of values or the sum of values.

Hoping for your help,

Thanks and regards,

Nihar.

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2011
1 answer
162 views
Hi there,

I have been looking at the RadScheduler for WinForms (Q3 2010), and noticed that there is a TimeZoneInfo class inside Telerik.WinControls.UI.

Using this class it appears I can convert between Time Zones used in the .NET Framework, which is very helpful.

However, the target framework for my project is .NET 2.0 - which normally does not have this functionality (Microsoft only introduced the ability to convert between time zones in the TimeZoneInfo class of .NET 3.5).

So, have Telerik completely re-implemented the TimeZoneInfo class of .NET 3.5 so it can be used in .NET 2.0?  

Is this class as accurate as the one in .NET 3.5?  I would just like a bit more information about it.

Regards,
Eddie
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2011
1 answer
103 views
Hi,
i am missing the Telerik.WinControls.Docking.DLL in the current version of the winforms controls suite. Is this control obsolete? What must I do to fix the problem?
Kind regards
Christian
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2011
7 answers
690 views
Hello guys,

I am having a problem with the shortcut control. I want to assign a shortcut key for a radbutton within a radform
so i added a radbutton and a shortcut control in the radform. 

In the shortcut control i add input bindings for the radbutton
-  Chord       == CTRL+N
-  Command == ActionCommand
-  Context     == radbutton1

so its suppose to fire the click event for the radbutton. but sadly im not getting any response.

So i tried another control which is the radtextbox doing all the same procedure as i did for the radbutton. the only difference is the
input binding command == FocusCommand. Surprisingly when i press the shortcut for focus which is (CTRL+F) the textbox was focused successfully?

Am i missing something? What are the possible solutions/workaround for this problem. i attached the source code.

BTW i am using Winforms Q3 2009


Here is my source code

    public partial class SPRadButton : Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadForm 
    { 
        public SPRadButton() 
        { 
            InitializeComponent(); 
        } 
 
        private void radButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 
            RadMessageBox.Show("success"); 
        } 
    } 


    partial class SPRadButton 
    { 
        /// <summary> 
        /// Required designer variable. 
        /// </summary> 
        private System.ComponentModel.IContainer components = null; 
 
        /// <summary> 
        /// Clean up any resources being used. 
        /// </summary> 
        /// <param name="disposing">true if managed resources should be disposed; otherwise, false.</param> 
        protected override void Dispose(bool disposing) 
        { 
            if (disposing && (components != null)) 
            { 
                components.Dispose(); 
            } 
            base.Dispose(disposing); 
        } 
 
        #region Windows Form Designer generated code 
 
        /// <summary> 
        /// Required method for Designer support - do not modify 
        /// the contents of this method with the code editor. 
        /// </summary> 
        private void InitializeComponent() 
        { 
            this.components = new System.ComponentModel.Container(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding inputBinding1 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Chord chord1 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Chord(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordModifier chordModifier1 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordModifier(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Elements.ClickCommand clickCommand1 = new Telerik.WinControls.Elements.ClickCommand(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding inputBinding2 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Chord chord2 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Chord(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordModifier chordModifier2 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordModifier(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Elements.FocusCommand focusCommand1 = new Telerik.WinControls.Elements.FocusCommand(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding inputBinding3 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Chord chord3 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Chord(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordModifier chordModifier3 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordModifier(); 
            Telerik.WinControls.Elements.ClickCommand clickCommand2 = new Telerik.WinControls.Elements.ClickCommand(); 
            this.radButton1 = new Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButton(); 
            this.radTextBox1 = new Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox(); 
            this.shortcuts1 = new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Shortcuts(this.components); 
            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.radButton1)).BeginInit(); 
            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.radTextBox1)).BeginInit(); 
            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this)).BeginInit(); 
            this.SuspendLayout(); 
            //  
            // radButton1 
            //  
            chordModifier1.AltModifier = false; 
            chordModifier1.ControlModifier = true; 
            chordModifier1.ShiftModifier = false; 
            chord1.ChordModifier = chordModifier1; 
            chord1.Keys = "Ctrl+N"; 
            inputBinding1.Chord = chord1; 
            clickCommand1.ContextType = null; 
            clickCommand1.ImageList = null; 
            clickCommand1.Name = "ActionCommand"; 
            clickCommand1.OwnerType = typeof(Telerik.WinControls.RadItem); 
            clickCommand1.Text = "This command rises the Click event of a selected RadItem instance."; 
            clickCommand1.Type = ""; 
            inputBinding1.Command = clickCommand1; 
            inputBinding1.CommandContext = this.radButton1; 
            this.radButton1.CommandBindings.AddRange(new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding[] { 
            inputBinding1}); 
            this.radButton1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(30, 23); 
            this.radButton1.Name = "radButton1"; 
            this.radButton1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(237, 23); 
            this.radButton1.TabIndex = 0; 
            this.radButton1.Text = "CTRL+N"; 
            this.radButton1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.radButton1_Click); 
            //  
            // radTextBox1 
            //  
            this.radTextBox1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(30, 52); 
            this.radTextBox1.Name = "radTextBox1"; 
            this.radTextBox1.NullText = "Press CTRL+F to focus"; 
            this.radTextBox1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(237, 20); 
            this.radTextBox1.TabIndex = 1; 
            //  
            // shortcuts1 
            //  
            chordModifier2.AltModifier = false; 
            chordModifier2.ControlModifier = true; 
            chordModifier2.ShiftModifier = false; 
            chord2.ChordModifier = chordModifier2; 
            chord2.Keys = "Ctrl+F"; 
            inputBinding2.Chord = chord2; 
            focusCommand1.ContextType = null; 
            focusCommand1.ImageList = null; 
            focusCommand1.Name = "FocusCommand"; 
            focusCommand1.OwnerType = typeof(Telerik.WinControls.RadItem); 
            focusCommand1.Text = "This command gives the focus to a selected RadItem instance."; 
            focusCommand1.Type = ""; 
            inputBinding2.Command = focusCommand1; 
            inputBinding2.CommandContext = this.radTextBox1; 
            chordModifier3.AltModifier = false; 
            chordModifier3.ControlModifier = true; 
            chordModifier3.ShiftModifier = false; 
            chord3.ChordModifier = chordModifier3; 
            chord3.Keys = "Ctrl+N"; 
            inputBinding3.Chord = chord3; 
            clickCommand2.ContextType = null; 
            clickCommand2.ImageList = null; 
            clickCommand2.Name = "ActionCommand"; 
            clickCommand2.OwnerType = typeof(Telerik.WinControls.RadItem); 
            clickCommand2.Text = "This command rises the Click event of a selected RadItem instance."; 
            clickCommand2.Type = ""; 
            inputBinding3.Command = clickCommand2; 
            inputBinding3.CommandContext = this.radButton1; 
            this.shortcuts1.InputBindings.AddRange(new Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.InputBinding[] { 
            inputBinding2, 
            inputBinding3}); 
            thisthis.shortcuts1.Owner = this; 
            //  
            // SPRadButton 
            //  
            this.AutoScaleDimensions = new System.Drawing.SizeF(6F, 13F); 
            this.AutoScaleMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoScaleMode.Font; 
            this.ClientSize = new System.Drawing.Size(293, 88); 
            this.Controls.Add(this.radTextBox1); 
            this.Controls.Add(this.radButton1); 
            this.Name = "SPRadButton"; 
            //  
            //  
            //  
            this.RootElement.ApplyShapeToControl = true; 
            this.Text = "RadForm1"; 
            this.ThemeName = "ControlDefault"; 
            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.radButton1)).EndInit(); 
            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.radTextBox1)).EndInit(); 
            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this)).EndInit(); 
            this.ResumeLayout(false); 
            this.PerformLayout(); 
 
        } 
 
        #endregion 
 
        private Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButton radButton1; 
        private Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.Shortcuts shortcuts1; 
        private Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox radTextBox1; 
    } 



Thanks in advance

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?