Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
192 views
Hey guys

I created a new class in VB.NET (2010) which inherits from Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox. Inside it i have several events, e.g KeyDown:
Private Sub PosNegDoubleTextBox_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles MyBase.KeyDown
   '
   ' some code....
   '
   '
End Sub
however when i drag and drop my new control onto my main form, the event does not fire up on key down. That is my first problem. My second problem is that the new control out of no where gets a grey border which cannot be edited and i also cannot apply any themes..

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2011
8 answers
1.2K+ views
Is there a way to change a theme of the application runtime on the fly?
Teodor
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2011
7 answers
208 views
Hi

How to manualy drag and drop items within same Treeview beacuse moving items needs to check some validation?
Can multiple items drag in internal treeview (selection by treenode checkbox)?
How to remove visual root of drag items (Please refer the attach screenshot) and after that not able to drop?


Thanks 
Vijay
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2011
4 answers
589 views
I have a dialog box with a RadWaitingBar and a RadProgressBar. Before upgrading to Telerik Q1 2011, both of my bars were blue. 

After upgrading, my RadProgressBar is now green as the default of the Office2010Silver theme (see attached). How do I change it back to blue?

Looking at my old designer code, it was set to blue using these lines, which now error out:

CType(Me.barProgress.GetChildAt(0).GetChildAt(1), Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.ProgressBarPrimitive).BackColor2 = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(153, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(225, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(238, Byte), Integer))
CType(Me.barProgress.GetChildAt(0).GetChildAt(1), Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.ProgressBarPrimitive).BackColor3 = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(4, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(187, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(208, Byte), Integer))
CType(Me.barProgress.GetChildAt(0).GetChildAt(1), Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.ProgressBarPrimitive).BackColor4 = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(4, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(159, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(208, Byte), Integer))
CType(Me.barProgress.GetChildAt(0).GetChildAt(1), Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.ProgressBarPrimitive).BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(153, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(219, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(238, Byte), Integer))

Please advise. Thank you!
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2011
3 answers
304 views

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this.

I have a Main business Object that i display on the property grid and that works fine. However I would like to add a business object collection and have it display as a property on the Mani Business Object, so that when the Main business Object is loaded on to the property grid the collection displays as a child.


This works fine when i use a standard windows property grid. So i was wondering if i missed something?

Your help in this will be greatly appreciated.

regards

Bongani

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2011
3 answers
311 views
Hello,
     I want to dynamically change the type of cell in the current row from TextBox to RadDropDownList.  I need the DropDownList to already be populated so I created one in the designer view and just made it not visible.  How do I populate it though?  I can't seem to access it in code.
Thanks!
Jason
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2011
5 answers
245 views
I have implemented my custom column, inheriting from GridViewDecimalColumn. The code looks like this:

public class DynamicDecimalColumn : GridViewDecimalColumn, IDynamicColumn
    {
        public DynamicDecimalColumn(string fieldName, string attributeName)
            : base(fieldName)
        {
            AttributeName = attributeName;
            DataType = typeof(decimal);
        }
  
        protected override void Initialize()
        {
            base.Initialize();
        }
  
        public string AttributeName { get; set; }
  
  
        public override Type GetCellType(GridViewRowInfo row)
        {
            if (row is GridViewDataRowInfo)
            {
                return typeof(DynamicPropertyCellElement);
            }
            return base.GetCellType(row);
        }
    }

 I am adding a DynamicDecimalColumn by using code like
DynamicDecimalColumn column = new DynamicDecimalColumn("OwnerCode" );
column.DecimalPlaces = 0
column.Name = "OwnerCode";
column.HeaderText = "OwnerCode";
_gridViewNetSegments.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(column);

The column is defined as filterable. When I start filtering by typing a filter text, the system is using a "contains" filter (LIKE) by default, and so I get an error. When I open the context menu to change the filter, the "Contains" filter ist not available, as expected. How can I change the initial filter by code, as I would like the "Equals" filter as the initial filter ? 

Nicole 
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2011
2 answers
134 views
Dear Telerik Team,
I got gold historical data like this:

"2011-07-07 15:08:39" - "Valid"
"2011-07-07 15:09:20" - "Valid"
"2011-07-07 15:10:39" - "Invalid"
"2011-07-07 15:11:26" - "Valid"

and so on.
How can i build like a graph like
http://h4.abload.de/img/unbenanntcpzc.png


I also got this data only in memory as an List<object>.

Many thanks
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2011
3 answers
129 views
When I import an html document that contains <Hn> tags they get converted to <p> tags with css styles to manage the formatting when they are subsequently exported/saved as html. Is this the planned behavior? I looked at the equivalent behavor for <li> tags and their identity is retained.

I would certainly vote for the retention of <Hn> tag identity!

If I can combine two questions into a single post - any guidance you can provide on how to set a heading using the RichTextBox would be appreciated. I'm looking for the equivalent functionality to the drop down list that permits you set the style of the paragraph to the associated stylesheet classes or to defined tags, i.e., <Hn>

Thanks for the prompt respones to forum posts!
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2011
1 answer
119 views
I really want to use the RichTextBox in an application I'm finalizing but I have been stymied by the issues I've enumerated below. Firts of all let me provide some background on my particular use so that you can determine if the scenario applies broadly.

Scenario: RichTextBox is used to create Html fragments that are integrated into a finished document where formatting (headings and indents) are adjusted by where the fragment appears in the documents outline hierarchy. Fragments are created as if they are at level 1 (one) and the indent level is programmatically adjusted by where in the outline the fragment appears.

To the best of my knowledge...
  1. HtmlFormatter translates Hn tags to <p> tags presents a challengs.
  2. Import process defines classes using some sort of internal naming approach. (I'd like associated classes and their name to be retained.)
  3. Providing an embedded stylesheet within an imported html document is not used.
  4. StyleDefinition(s) do not provide an ability to "name" the definition so that they can be programmatically assigned to a paragraph or span. (There may be a StyleProperty that supports this but I could not determine it.)
  5. I was pursueing the approach of wrapping the existing HtmlFormatter object and extending its utilty but many of the underlying classes are exposed at the Friend level versus Public level which prevents this approach

My application is very concerned with **structure** while the RichTextBox is very concerned with retaining **style**. Whle addressing my point 1 above solves all my concerns points 2 - 5 I believe would be of value to other implementers.

I'm going to have to fall back to using the web based Editor (which presents its own set of restrictions) but I will anxiously be watching developments in the RichTextBox as I believe that once finalized it will be an excellent product.

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?