Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
206 views
Hi, 

I want to use AutoGenerateHierarchy, but I am having a hard time, telling the grid to not show certain columns. I added child templates with the name in the properties of the object being displayed, and marking these columns as not visible, but these templates just get ignored. 

How can I control what which columns get displayed when using AutoGenerateHierarchy ? 

thanks. 
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2011
7 answers
445 views
We have a requirement to check a single row in the radgridview.
What should be the approach for this requirement using RadGridView, we need to use a checkbox column or is there any radio button column.
Please help me regarding the above.

Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
5 answers
163 views
Hello
When add

 

  dg.Relations.AddSelfReference(dg.MasterTemplate,"ID", "IDPARENT");

The event bnds_PositionChanged works only when go with level on another.

А within

the one level does not work.

 

Operation of the removing does not work too.

 

Thanks!


Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
1 answer
225 views
I'm using RadControls for WinForms  Q2 2011 (version 2011.2.11.831)  and would like to highlight the Checkbox when it has focus to make it easier for my users to find the focused field.  I have code working with the Enter/Leave events for RadButtons and RadDropDownLists but am unable to get it working for the RadCheckBox.  I've tried using the BackColor/ForeColor properties of the ButtonElement.ButtonFillElement object but to no avail.

Here is my class code for the RadButton:
this.Enter += new EventHandler(BaseButton_Enter);
this.Leave += new EventHandler(BaseButton_Leave);
  
void BaseButton_Enter(object sender, EventArgs e)
  {
      this.ButtonElement.ButtonFillElement.BackColor = Color.Blue;
      this.ButtonElement.ForeColor = Color.White;
      this.ButtonElement.ButtonFillElement.GradientStyle = Telerik.WinControls.GradientStyles.Solid;
  }
void BaseButton_Leave(object sender, EventArgs e)
  {
      this.ButtonElement.ButtonFillElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.BackColorProperty, Telerik.WinControls.ValueResetFlags.Local);
      this.ButtonElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.ForeColorProperty, Telerik.WinControls.ValueResetFlags.Local);
      this.ButtonElement.ButtonFillElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.GradientStyleProperty, Telerik.WinControls.ValueResetFlags.Local);
  }

How can I do a similar effect for the RadCheckBox.

Secondly, I'd actually like to not hard code the colors, but to use the Selected Text Color of the TextBox (I'm assuming this comes from the Theme in use).  How do I access the information ?

Thanks,
Chet
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
1 answer
159 views
I've got a gridview with a combobox column. When I add a new row, I can chose a value from my combobox but how can I set the value of an other column depending on the value that is chosen from the combobox when I insert the new row to the gridview.



Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
4 answers
205 views

I have a RadDropDownList in a gridview, the Value Changed Event is raised only when I increase/ Decrease the value with the arrows and not when key pressed.

I partially resolved the problem by adding the following code to the Value Changed Event:

     GridSpinEditor gseditor = sender as GridSpinEditor;

                    if (gseditor != null)

                    {

                        this.CurrentCell.Value = gseditor.Value;

                    }

When I press the backspace key the event is raised except if it the last digit.
Any solution?

Thanks,
Dror

Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
2 answers
267 views

Hello,

In a gridview, I am using a GridViewDecimalColumn to display numeric data.

The problem is that I would like to be able to use the two arrows key (Up and Down) to scroll on my GridView, and not have my data being increased or decreased when using them. Is there a way to disable the increasing and decreasing of data when using these keys ?

If not, is there a possibility to use another column type (GridViewTextBoxColumn for example) and then, how can I manage it so only numeric values can be typed into it ?

Thank you for your help.
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
2 answers
300 views
is there a way to batch update cell value of a gridview.

I have a situation where i have to loop thru each row and then update one cell value, as shown below. But it becomes really slow when i have large number of records on the grid, so is there any batch update that can be applied. My interface is with a textbox field above the grid and when the user enter text and press apply it has to apply that text to all records on the grid (it could be 100 - 10000 reocords on the grid depending one the search)
foreach (GridViewRowInfo row in radGV_.Rows)
       {
           row.Cells["BName"].Value = txtBName.Text;
       }

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
3 answers
222 views
Hello!

I'm using the RadControls 2011Q2 and I want to disable the ability to resize the Form with the RadStatusStrip. I have already disabled the SizingGrip, though I can resize the Form.

Is there a way using the StatusStrip and the window can only be resized as normal Form-behavior?

Kind regards
Juergen
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
3 answers
209 views
I have a grid view in which I want to customize the combobox entries for a given row depending on user selection of another combobox entry in the row.  Different rows would have different data sources.  Is this possible, and if so, can you tell me how to do it? 

Thanks.
Claude
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?