Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
208 views
Hi all,

I have a problem checking all checkbox columns in a grid. I used the next code:

Me.mygrid.GridElement.BeginUpdate()
            For Each row As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowInfo In Me.mygrid.Rows
                row.Cells("Checked").Value = True
            Next row 
Me.mygrid.GridElement.EndUpdate()

It works well, but if the grid is sorted by some column the same code is so slow...  

The datatable contains about 15.000 items. is that the problem?
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
5 answers
363 views
Hi,

I'm using Q2 2009 SP1. I want to be able to set my RadDock background to Transparent so that the BackgroundImage of the host Form can show through it. I have used the sample code elsewhere in the thread to do this;

this.radDock1.MainDocumentContainer.BackColor = Color.Transparent;  
            Telerik.WinControls.RadElement el = this.radDock1.MainDocumentContainer.RootElement.Children[0].Children[0];  
            (el as Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.FillPrimitive).BackColor = this.BackColor;   

but I have a couple of problems with this;
1) It picks up the BackColor of the Form but isn't truly transparent (the form's Background Image does not show through). I've tried placing a Picture box with the image on the Form, docked, and at the back of the Z Order, but again the Dock picks up the backcolour of the form, not the graphic immediately behind it.
2) I want to be able to set the individual DocumentWindow items in the RadDock so that they gradually "fade out" - the tabs being fully opaque and gradually fading to transparent until by the time they get to the bottom they are fully transparent. The reason for this is that the Dock and TabStrip is quite an "intrusive" control and seems (to me) to dominate the user interface once its been put there - I'd like to be able to make it blend into the background once the important bit (the actual tabs) are visible to the user.

Can you help ?
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
6 answers
241 views
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to show the editappointment dialog programatically, i.e. not via the built-in context menu?

The dialog should show based on the selection in the scheduler, i.e. the same way as the context menu command does.

The reason why I'm asking is that I want to show the dialog through a separate toolbar command.

Thanks in advance,
Johan
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
11 answers
782 views
How do I find the telerik version for my winforms application?
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
1 answer
311 views
Hello,

I've seen a number of posts that explain how to highlight buttons, combos, etc using the Enter and Leave events.

I would like to do the same thing with the RadCheckBox.  I've tried changing the BackColor of the ButtonElement, TextElement, etc but with no luck.

How do I accomplish this ?

Thanks,
Chet
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
3 answers
281 views
I have 3 GridViewCommandColumn in my radGridView. I need to determine which one of the three command columns were pressed. I can't seem to figure out how to get the "Default Text" value to determine which command column was clicked. I can get the value of the command column by the CommandCellClick event but I can not get the "Default Text" value. My three default text values of the three command columns are "Time Sheet", "Print Monthly", and "Registration". Thanks for any help you can provide. New at WinForms!

Private Sub RadGridView1_CommandCellClick(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadGridView1.CommandCellClick
        Dim gcce As GridCommandCellElement = TryCast(sender, GridCommandCellElement)
 
        'GridViewCommandColumn
        If gcce Is Nothing OrElse gcce.Value Is Nothing Then
            Return
        End If
        MessageBox.Show(gcce.Value.ToString())
End Sub
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
1 answer
275 views
I am exploring certain features in RAD Gridview control. In my application there is case where i should display certain cells in a row as merged cells. I could not find any possible ways to do that. In the attached image you could see 2 rows contains the value "Submitted to CBC" and "Bone Marrow Morphology", i need empty rows in this cells to be merged. Is there any way to do so?
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Sep 2011
2 answers
112 views
I'm trying to do a capacity Load  program and I've noticed that sometimes Telerik controls are loosing their formatting in VS2010.  Is this is a common issue?   I dragged the datagridview to the radfrom and i dont see anythin with the default formatting. I've tried to change the Themes and still doesnt work.   It has happened couple of times already and removing the telerik software  and reinstalling it  dont fix the issue.   Now I opened other apps and add the gridview and it works fine.   I've attached a pic for your review.

Thank you
Jose
Jose R
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2011
3 answers
226 views

I deployed the system in a touch screen device however the dock windows was not shown properly, only a part of the window is appearing.

 

How this problem can be resolved?

How can we make it fit to any resolution?

 

Thanks in advance

Boyan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2011
2 answers
586 views
Hello!
I am working on an application that uses grid view with checkboxes. When checkbox value is changed, it calls ValueChanged event with radGridView.EndEdit() and then calls CellValueChanged to read new data.

I want to expand checkboxes functionality with Three State mode however I want user only to be able to switch between normal On and Off states, while the Indeterminate state can only be assigned from the code. I want to make it so user can either go   On -> Off,   On  -> Off  or Indeterminate -> Off, and not On -> Indeterminate . 

The thing is, I can't find a right event, that should be called when checkbox value is changed and change it, so user cannot reach null state by clicking it. Normally, in Three State mode, when user clicks on checkbox in On state, Indeterminate state is called. I want to switch this state to Off  before reading the data.

I hope I've explained my problem clearly enough. Thank you for reading my post :)


Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?