Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
190 views
I have a RadGrid performing some timesheet functionality with two columns StartTime and StopTime which are both GridViewDateTimeColumn. A person gets a StartTime when they clock in and a StopTime when they clock out. When the RadDateTimeEditor is initialized, I'm setting it to ShowUpDown and a custom time format since it displays time only. I'm also setting restrictions that the minValue of the StopTime equals the current value of the StartTime (since you can't clock out before you clock in). You can see the attached code for specifics. The problem is situations can occur where there is no valid StopTime. For example, if someone has a StartTime of 11:15 AM and then tries to set the StopTime, the editor will set the NullValue and MinValue of the StopTime to 11:15 AM. The step arrows for up and down show up, but clicking them does nothing since the value for both is invalid. Clicking down makes the time 10:15 AM, which is invalid and clicking up makes the time 12:15 AM which is also invalid. The numbers themselves never actually show up, but this what I assume is happening. I'm not sure what to do to fix this situation. Basically, the stepper will never work if its current value is null and the MinValue is set to anything in between 11:00 - 11:59AM. Maybe I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated.

        private void m_rgvTimesheets_CellEditorInitialized( object sender, GridViewCellEventArgs e )
        {
            if( e.ActiveEditor is RadDateTimeEditor )
            {
                var editor = (RadDateTimeEditor)(e.ActiveEditor);
                RadDateTimeEditorElement editorElement = (RadDateTimeEditorElement)editor.EditorElement;
                editorElement.ShowUpDown = true;
                editorElement.CustomFormat = "h:mm tt";
                if( e.Column.Name == ColumnTS_StopTime )
                {
                    var startTime = (DateTime) e.Row.Cells[ColumnTS_StartTime].Value;
                    editor.NullValue = startTime;
                    editor.MinValue = startTime;
                    editor.MaxValue = GetMaxTime( m_rdtpDatePicker.Value );
                }
        }
}
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2011
4 answers
180 views
Hi again
As I said before, I`m trying 2011 q1 (trial) on winform for testing puporses,

Here is an issue,
for normal LTR TreeView the Right Arrow Key should expand and Left Arrow Key should collapse the tree, and it`s OK,
but for RTL, when tree is at right side, the Left Arrow Key should Expand the tree and Right Arrow Key should collpase.
with swaping this two Key the problem whill gone,
as you said the KeyPress and KeyDown event does not fire up in this version, so what is the solution?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2011
1 answer
250 views
Hi,

I have a RadListView in DetailsView, I have set EnableSorting=True but I cannot get the columns to sort when I click the column headers.

In the .net version of ListView there is a colum_click event but that is not there for the RadListView.

I see in the Telerik examples that you create a command bar. This seems a bit over the top for what I want to do. I have 3 columns and I would like to be able to sort ascending or descending depending on the number and order the columns are clicked in.

Cheers
Baz
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Oct 2011
1 answer
85 views
I just purchased a license for Win Forms package.

So far I've been using the trial version of Q2 2010 and last week I decided to upgrade it to licensed version of Q2 2011.
After uninstsalling the existing version, installing the Q2 2011 and changing the references from my project to the new DLLs I run into following issues:

1.    Error 18 Property or indexer 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode.DataBoundItem' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only 
2.    Error 25 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNodeCollection' does not contain a definition for 'Find' and no extension method 'Find' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNodeCollection' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

I found this on your TreeView class in regards to Find method.
This property will be removed in the next version. You can define your own search behavior by setting the Find method.



Please let me know how I can resolve those issues.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
4 answers
455 views
Hello,

Prior to Q2 2011 SP1 (version 2011.2.11.831), we had no problems with the subclass of the RadDateTimePicker we created, but since then, we are having issues with SetToNullValue() and DataBinding.  We were using RadControls for WinForms Q3 2010 prior to updating.  

When we call this.radDateTimePicker1.SetToNullValue(), it appears to "null" out the control, but when you move to the next control, the datetime control goes from not having a value displayed to displaying the value before SetToNullValue() was called.  In the bound source, the column contains the NullDate value while the control's Value property has the value from before SetToNullValue() was called

I have also come across inconsistency of values when the control is bound to a dataset from SQL Server.  From tracing thru the code, we are able to determine that the correct date is in the Value property, but when we looked at the DataTable its bound to, the value there is different.

The code has not changed and I have been able to replicate the SetToNullValue behavior in a new project using just the RAD controls. 

Any help is appreciated,
Chet


Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
1 answer
149 views
First let me say I am a web programmer, but I have a need for a small utilities app that needs a data grid.  I load the form, user selects several options and clicks button.  On click I generate a DataSet and call gridview1.DataSource = datasetname;

The datasource has data, and the gridview is set to autogeneratecolumns = true.

Nothing changes and no data is shown.  What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Jeff
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
1 answer
296 views
I'm developing custom SimpleListViewVisualItem for RadListView. It should contain a list of business items and it should be displayed on RadListView in IconView mode. Business items must be displayed on RadGridView.

public class CustomVisualItem : SimpleListViewVisualItem
{
     RadGridView gwBusinessItems;
     BindingSource bsBusinessItems;
     List<BO> _list = new List<BO>();
     ...
     public CustomVisualItem()
     {
          bsBusinessItems.DataSource = _list;
          gwBusinessItems.DataSource = bsBusinessItems;
     }
     ...
     public void InitializeControls()
     {
          gwBusinessItems = new RadGridView();
          gwBusinessItems.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
          gwBusinessItems.DataSource = bsBusinessItems;
          ...
          Children.Add(gwBusinessItems.GridViewElement);
       }
       ...
        public void AddBO(BO bo)
        {
            _list.Add(bo);
            bsBusinessItems.ResetBindings(false);
        }
}

When i add a business object and update RadGridView by bsBusinessItems.ResetBindings, new record appears on the RadGridView, but i'm unable to select any record on the RadGridView and when i click on the grid, GotFocus event isn't fired. Looks like i can't set focus to the grid due to it is on the CustomVisualItem. 

gwBusinessItems.Focusable = true doesn't work.

What should i do to make RadGridView focusable? 
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
3 answers
733 views
Hi All

I'm using the textbox to load data from database, the data is 10000. So how can the textbox show "10.000" instead of "10000"?
I also try MaskeditBox but it doesn't work, the first time I run the project, the value show "10.000"  but when this MaskEditBox lost focus, the value return to 0.

Thanks!
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
4 answers
248 views
Hi Guy, Is there anybody know how to show RadScheduler in year view. I mean that how I can show the RadScheduler table that each column represents date in month and each row illustrates month. I want this feature for my project.

P/S: I knew in RadScheduler , it had activeViewType property that show in :Day, MultiDay, Week, WorkWeek,...However it doesn't has year show.

Thanks.

Tran Dat
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
3 answers
336 views
Hi, lets say i have 5000 rows in my grid and I scroll down the grid. Is there any way that the scroll move the to the first position? Like move first?

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?