Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
14 answers
304 views
I created a custom combobox that I want to use in the grid view during editing.  When the user is editing the data I want to allow then to beable to choose from a list of items, enter in new items (like a text box and save when done typing or lost focus) and also allow the user to click on an x next to an item and remove it from the list items.  Is this possible?  So, is it possible to customize the list itmes to have a image (x) and use a click event on the fire a method to delte the item?


Stephen
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2011
1 answer
145 views
i created an recursive appointment after that i want to extend the time of particular date for i opened that appointment in occurrence  mode .
modified the appointment time then  When i submitting the appointment i got this exception.

"object reference not set"  and my application is terminated.

-Sivaram.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2011
1 answer
188 views
Hi,

I would like to be able to prevent the user to change the value on certain situations but I cannot find an event that would help me do that.

I've found the MultiColumnComboBoxElement.TextChanging event, but that only works when the modification is made with the keyboard. I would need to be able to handle also the modifications made by the mouse, including the mouse wheel.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2011
11 answers
999 views
Hi, I would like to know how could specify the focus in the next cell of the grid after pressing tab control, I am using Telerik controls in 2009, in which event should I do.

Thank you.
AJing
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2011
6 answers
227 views
Hello:
When I press the key "Alt", appear a little numbers on everyone tabs of my RadRibbonBar, but:

-When I press the respective numbres in the numeric pad, it doesn't responds.

-When I press newly the key "Alt", it doesn't lost the focus.

-I want change this numbers to letters.

Please answer this three questions.
Thanks
AJing
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2011
4 answers
221 views
When the user has added a new row in my grid the column values are written to the database.

In the UserAddingRow event I ask the user "Are you sure you want to add values to database?", and I set e.Cancel=true in case the answer is no.

If the user starts adding values in the grid, and then changes his/her mind and try to close the application, this question from the UserAddingRow event fires, which is not how I want it to be. If the user wants to close the application, the application should close.

I've tried capturing the FormClosing event to set applicationClosing=true and add a check to this in the UserAddingRow event, but the FormClosing event fires after the UserAddingRow, so there is no help there.

Is there another way to prevent the UserAddingRow to be handled when the form is closing?


Regards, Jill-Connie Lorentsen
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2011
0 answers
105 views
 Hello, I changed the version of telerik components, had version Q32010 and moved to Q2 2011, and in view of the scheduler in month view, got an opacity. Could answer me how can I resolve this problem?
Wait for a response.


Best Regards, João Alberto
João
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Nov 2011
0 answers
97 views
 Hello, I changed the version of telerik components, had version Q32010 and moved to Q2 2011, and in view of the calendar month, got an opacity. Could answer me how can I resolve this problem?
Wait for a response.

Best Regards, João Alberto
João
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Nov 2011
1 answer
148 views
Hi,

We are developing a new GUI to our system, which is built on top of a legacy code. In details, we write our User Control as a COM (CCW) object that contains the RadGridView and is then placed in the old GUI. The GridView should act mostly in read only mode. Since the communication between the old system and the new system is through the COM interface - it led us to choose the XML populating method to populate our grid. We've sent the XML as a string to the user control. It worked perfectly when we needed only text to be shown in the grid.

Now, we need to be able to show several types of data and several sub-controls in the grid cells (i.e.: GridViewComboBoxColumn, GridViewCheckBoxColumn, GridViewDecimalColumn, GridViewDateTimeColumn, GridViewImageColumn). The way it works now is:
(a) Loading the XML into a source DataTable, using ReadXml
(b) Building a new target DataTable with the needed data types
(c) Adding the right data columns to the Grid
(d) Iterating through the source DataTable and copying each cell to the target DataTable
(e) Assigning the target DataTable to the grid as its Data Source.

As expected - this process led to performance issues...

So, we would like to know if our solution is correct? Is there another way to populate the grid under our limitations?
(Even if we bypass the process of building the XML in the legacy system, and accessing the DB directly, we still need to iterate through all the cells and copying them)

Thanks,

Boaz

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2011
1 answer
91 views
Hi,

I am currently working with the radRichTextBox control to format plain text.

I must replace certain keywords such as <%sender%>, with the text 'You', and then format this in bold font. 

I am able to add additional text to the RTB, however it is added at the end.  

Please help
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?