Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
204 views
Hi,

I'm having trouble with the edit functionality of the RadmaskedTextBox.  We have a masked textbox for phone numbers with the following mask: "(##) #### ####" where the area code is in the brackets, followed by the actual number.

The problem is that when this textbox is populated with data from the database, sometimes the phone number does not have the area code, so it appears like this: (12) 1234 12__.  When the textbox is selected and the caret placed at the start of the text, instead of inserting the missing area code at the start, it over-writes the existing data.

I have tried setting the textbox mask to be "##########" and the displayMask to be "(##) #### ####", but it still pads out the missing characters and over-writes the data when edited.

Is there a way of doing this?  Or should we just go back to using standard textboxes?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2011
0 answers
139 views
Hi, I had version Q2 2011 WinForms VISUAL Style Builder, and change to the NEW VERSION OF Q3 2011, but there were some problems with DropDownButton because I can not change the properties of the button or save the changes. This problem only happens with this element (DropDownButton). How can I solve the problem?

Best Regards, Daniel Soares
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Nov 2011
1 answer
185 views
     I know that in virtual mode automatic sorting is dosn't supported. But I have to implemented custom sorting.
 Anybody know how resolve this problem ?
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2011
1 answer
360 views
Hi:
   How to open a new form when cell-double click in RadGridViwe?
   It seems that it only fires if the cells column is readonly.,but if the cell in editmode ,the cell-double click does not occur  .

  My user want to:
  1. Cell is put into editmode when cell-double click
  2. Cell is put into focus when cellclick
  3. User can edit cell or open a new form when cell-double click.

  We use 2011Q2 official version

Greetings
Look forward to you
AJing.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2011
1 answer
164 views
Hi,

I need a grid which will persist to the database every time a cell is edited
i've managed to achieve this for existing rows:
- handle the CellEndEdit event
- grab the DataBoundItem
- send it off to the data layer for updating

this does not work when editing cells in the "New row" as the DataboundItem property is null. I noticed that if i navigate to a different row, from this point the DataBoundItem is NOT null and updates will work.
Is there any way to make this happen on CellEndEdit, can i force the grid to create a new item in the datasource at this point instead of waiting for the user to navigate away from the row?

Thanks,
Matt
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2011
1 answer
165 views

While dragging the node from radtreeview into another control cursor becomes NO cursor. We want to change the cursor type.

Please provide us the solution. 


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2011
5 answers
195 views
I face problem about RAD Gridview (Q3)

pin columns takes no effects for ColumnGroupsView and HTMLView

(as an example from telerik)

but it works fine for tableview

could you please tell me how can I solve this problem?

greetings,
Kae J.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2011
6 answers
421 views
Hi All,

I need to exclude the mask characters from my MaskedEditBox.  Using MS's MaskedTextBox, the code to do this is:

myMaskedTextBox.TextMaskFormat = MaskFormat.ExcludePromptAndLiterals;

Does anyone know of the equivalent?

Robert
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2011
4 answers
557 views
I'm implementing grouping in a RadGridView. The grouping is working fine. I was then asked to allow the user to switch between grouping and not grouping, so I added a couple of radio buttons then I call a subroutine (VB.NET) that performs the following logic when the user clicks on either of the radio buttons:

Private Sub Process_GroupByShipTo_CheckedChanged()
    If Not bControlsPopulated Then
        Exit Sub
    End If
    If rbGroupByShipTo.Checked Then
        rgvItems.EnableGrouping = True
        rgvItems.ShowGroupedColumns = True
    Else
        rgvItems.EnableGrouping = False
        rgvItems.ShowGroupedColumns = False
    End If
End Sub

Initially, when the form first loads, the default checked radio button is the Group By None radio button (rbGroupByNone). I click on the Group By Ship To radio button (rbGroupByShipTo) and grouping occurs. I click on the Group By None radio button and grouping goes away. But then, when I click on the Group By Ship To radio button once more, it no longer groups.

I then tried repopulating the gridview with the following code, but that did not work:

Private Sub Process_GroupByShipTo_CheckedChanged()
    If Not bControlsPopulated Then
        Exit Sub
    End If
    If rbGroupByShipTo.Checked Then
        rgvItems.EnableGrouping = True
        rgvItems.ShowGroupedColumns = True
        rgvItems.DataSource = Nothing
        rgvItems.Rows.Clear()
        PopulateDataGrid()
    Else
        rgvItems.EnableGrouping = False
        rgvItems.ShowGroupedColumns = False
    End If
End Sub


Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Hector
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2011
3 answers
262 views
My page contains a RadMenu with ClickToOpen = true.  After that, hovering over the menu will expand to display the child menu items.  Upon selection of one of the child menu items I open a modal RadWindow via javascript.  I also use javascript to collapse the radmenu (shown below).

The problem is that after the RadWindow is closed (no pastback occurs on the parent page), it is no longer necessary to click on the RadMenu to begin showing the menu items.  All the user needs to do is hover.  I have attempted to move the focus to another control on the page, but the RadMenu does not appear to lose focus.  I also tried using the blur() method in the code that collapses the menu, but that does not appear to work either.  How do I move the focus away from the menu so users must click on the menu to again open it?

Here is the javascript function to collapse (with the call to Blur to try to move the focus away from the RadMenu). 

function CollapseMenu() { 
    //close the menu 
    var menu = $find("<%= mnuActions.ClientID %>"); 
    var topMenuItem = menu.get_items().getItem(0); 
    topMenuItem.close(); 
    topMenuItem.Blur(); 
}


Thanks!

Sean M. Severson
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?