Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
254 views
Hi I'm fairly new to using telerik winforms controls. I would like to implement a  raddock and have an outlook style radpageview in Outlook mode in the left hand tool window in stead of using a tree.  How would you suggest doing that or would an alternate approach be better.  I can place the radpageview in th etool window however I do no know how to have it resize with the raddock tool window.
thanks
Jonathan
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
169 views
Hi, I am using RadControls for WinForms (Q1 2012) and i'm looking for a solution to make like a secondary x axis wich would be on the top of the chart area. On the top of the chart area i would like labels witch were associated to each colums  of my chart.  If someone have a soluion ..
 
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
5 answers
530 views

I'm using Winforms 2011.3.11.1116.  I'm trying to position another control on top of a RadCalendar (a textbox) as part of a small WYSIWYG calendar-printing app.  I will position the textbox to fill the largest remaining space on the calendar--meaning the largest space on the calendar that does not contain any days from the focused month--, either at the top or bottom.  Of course, to do this, I need to be able to figure out WHERE the largest remaining space is.

I have the calendar in a 6 row month view, and I set ShowOtherMontDays to false. I have tried the following:

1) My first thought was to ask the DefaultView for the month and the first and last day shown in the view, then do the necessary calculations to figure out where the "space" was.  No go, because the ViewStartDate and ViewEndDate properties refer to the first and last day of the month (which I can figure out myself from the month), NOT the first and last element rendered.

2) Then I thought I should iterate through the elements, getting the dates and finding the min and max.  But ... there is no iterable collection that I can find. That was, to put it mildly, surprising.  (As it was in a related thread for a different technology:http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/general-discussions/radcalendar-search-date-and-bold-it.aspx ).

3) Next I thought to try a combination of Navigating and ElementRender. In Navigating, I would set a Min and Max date to a sentinel value, then in ElementRender I would find the min and max dates as they were rendered. However, for some odd reason, at least one date in the previous view is, at least sometimes, rendered after Navigating fires.  Though this is annoying, I could cache all the dates, then figure out which one was not like the others (say, sort the list, and find wherever there was a gap between dates).  But, there is also the problem of the initial view, which does not trigger the Navigating or Navigated events.

This seems much too complicated, to me, so I guessed that I was probably not thinking of the best way to solve this problem.

Thoughts?

Taylor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
1 answer
217 views
Has anyone ever tried to create some zoom on an image control. We have a "Book" that we are creating from images and we would need the ability to zoom so the users can see the text better when reading them. Any ideas would be great.
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
5 answers
165 views
Hi.  I am using a customized theme based on Office2010Black with the 2011 Q3 SP1 build.  I have noticed that all of the other items in the ribbon of my app have no background - their background is transparent and it shows the nice gradient of the ribbon.

However, the RadSplitButtonElements on my ribbon have a background gradient on them.  I would like to remove this background so that they look like the rest of the buttons.  Since this is how the Microsoft Office 2010 applications do it (their Paste button is like a split button), I would like to do the same.

I do not see a place to do this in the Visual Style Builder.  I looked under, in the VSB Controls Structure pane, RadRibbonBar --> RadRibbonBarGroup.  I expected to find a "SplitButtonInRibbon" element under RadRibbonBarGroup, but it's not there.

How do I do what I want to accomplish with the VSB?  Thanks!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
6 answers
528 views
I have almost rounded all my controls but not the RadTabStrips as well as the corner of each of the tab header.
Also the background color is not changed. On the RadGridView I cannot change the column headers background color. Managed to change the border, the shape and other details, but not the background color.

Attached is a screen capture where can be seen in red the RadTabStrip with light gray background. In orange the RadGridView with gray column headers and in blue the small tab header with blue color and not round corners.

Thanks in advance for your help
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
2 answers
514 views
Hello dear Telerik team.
I am using RadDropDownList to let the user choose from four options. Those options are absolutely static, so I create four dropDownItems hardcoded. Each option has its text and image. I can define each item by a lode like :

var radListDataItem1 = new RadListDataItem();
            radListDataItem1.Image = Properties.Resources.SomeImage;
            radListDataItem1.Text = "Sometext";           
            radListDataItem1.Value = someValue;

            var source = new BindingList<RadListDataItem>();

            source.Add(radListDataItem1);

            cmbTriggerType.DataSource = source; //cmbTriggerType is my RadDropDownList

//same for three more items

            cmbTriggerType.SelectedIndex = 0;

And now here comes the question! :)
What should I do to cause your control to render each DataItem  with both text and image visible?
Thanks in advance.
Artem
Artem
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Feb 2012
1 answer
186 views
Private Sub InsertNewContactDetails()
 
        Dim iSql As String = "Insert into CompanyDetails (EmailOffice,EmailAdmin,EmailOrders,EmailAccounts,EmailOther,ContactPersonOffice,ContactPersonAdmin,ContactPersonOrders,ContactPersonAccounts,ContactPersonOther,ContactNumber,ContactNumberExtension,ContactnumberFax,ContactNumberFaxExtension,ContactNumberMobile1,ContactNumberMobile2,ContactNumberDirectNumber,ContactNumberFaxToEmail) VALUES ( ' " + txtEmailOffice.Text + " ',' " + txtEmailAdmin.Text + " ' ,' " + txtEmailOrders.Text + " ' ,  ' " + txtEmailAccounts + " ' , ' " + txtEmailOther.Text + " ',  ' " + txtContactPersonOffice.Text + " ', ' " + txtPostalAddress1.Text + " ',' " + txtPostalAddress2.Text + " ', ' " + cmbPostalAddress3.Text + "','" + cmbCategory.Text + "' ,'" + cmbClassification.Text + "')"
        Dim da As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(iSql, MyConnection)
        Dim dt As New DataTable
        da.Fill(dt)
        da.Dispose()
        myDataSet()
        txtEmailOffice.Text = ""
 
    End Sub
i've got a form that i am working on and on that form i have a radpageview control which has several pages . my text boxes are on the radpageviewpage control and my butttons are on the main form. the code to insert information on the first radpageviewpage is working well however the code to insert information on the second radpageviewpage is not accepting my code. when I use the code above I get the following error

"Operator '+' is not defined for types 'String' and 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox'." 
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2012
4 answers
487 views
According to this Thread I tried to implement the (missing?) feature, but there is no "ScrollableRows" in RadListView.
How can I achieve my goal?
Froggie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Feb 2012
1 answer
182 views
I have a RadDateTimePicker being used inside a hosted item on a RadCommandBar. It shows up fine, and is operational, but if I set the value on the RadDateTimePicker at runtime, it doesn't update. The value property of the RadDateTimePicker does get updated, just not visually on the form. Is there a workaround for this?

I'm using 2011.3.11.1229 of the Telerik controls for WinForms.

Here is the code I'm using to create the RadDateTimePickers and assign them to the hosted item:

        Dim raddatetimepicker_from As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement
        Dim raddatetimepicker_thru As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement

        'Create RadDataimePickers
        raddatetimepicker_from = New Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement
        raddatetimepicker_thru = New Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement
        raddatetimepicker_thru.MaxDate = DateTime.Today

        'Format RadDateTimePickers and insert into host
        Dim SizeDTP As New System.Drawing.Size
        SizeDTP.Height = 0
        SizeDTP.Width = 95

        raddatetimepicker_from.MinSize = SizeDTP
        raddatetimepicker_thru.MinSize = SizeDTP

        raddatetimepicker_from.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Short
        raddatetimepicker_thru.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Short

        'Assign to hosted item on command bar
        cbhi_from_date.HostedItem = raddatetimepicker_from
        cbhi_thru_date.HostedItem = raddatetimepicker_thru

Here is the code I am using to assign the value, which doesn't cause the RadDateTimePicker to visually update:

        raddatetimepicker_from.Value = DateTime.Now.AddDays(DaysBack * -1)

Any help would be great, don't want to have to fallback to the standard DateTimePicker because I don't believe I can host that in a RadCommandBar. Maybe there is some sort of a "refresh" function I should be using, but I haven't needed to do this in the past when the RadDateTimePicker is just on a regular form instead of inside a hosted item.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?