Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
299 views
I made a Test-Project to test the RadDock and got a error when setting Properties of "AutoHideStripLayout" via Designer.
Also i want to get rid of the BackColor because I only want the dafeault Winforms look.

See the sample-project. http://www.file-upload.net/download-4121547/RadDockTest.zip.html
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
2 answers
191 views
In this online doc topic: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/gridview-populating-with-data-binding-to-bindinglist.html

it shows how to bind a bindinglist of business objects to the gridview.  I can see that the ListChanged event can be trapped for insert and delete and changes persisted to the database.  my question is:  how does one persist edits made in the grid that immeditaly update the underlying binding list back to the database?  what bindinglist event should I subscribe to for the update?  how do I get the index of the edited row from this event?

Do you have an working example of persisting a gridview/bindinglist back to a database without using a LINQ context or an ORM?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
390 views
Is there an equivalent theme in winforms to the "Expression_Dark" theme that comes with the WPF tools?

I have been using Expression Dark for a WPF project and have just started working on one in Winforms and would like to use a theme similar to expression dark. 

Are there any other themes out there other than the ones that come out of the box with the controls? I am not a huge fan of the Office 2010 or Telerik Metro or Windows 7 themes that come with the controls. 

I am aware that I could use the Visual Style Builder, but currently do not have the time to do so. 

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
204 views

Hi,

 

I am displaying the data in the grid in hierarchical fashion, here I have a requirement that that last column should always be fixed to the right most side of the grid, this is working fine when we are having more number of columns and we are getting a scroll bar at the bottom for the columns but it is not working fine when we have very less no of columns in the grid, the last column is moving to the left side.
Could you please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards

Muralidhar

Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
3 answers
404 views
I have two arrays of numbers each with 2801 values in a line chart. Using a StopWatch object to time loading it takes about 900 ms to assign the values to the series using Series.SetValues(arrayofdoublevalues). This I can live with. It takes about 45 seconds to do the initial draw or to redraw on a move or when the window is brought back from being minimized and the initial draw only happens (most of the time) if I call Refresh after assigning the data.

Is this typical behavior or is there something I can do that will speed it up?
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
232 views
Hello,

Help !!!
I have similar issue as in the post http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/disable-key-enter-to-go-to-next-line-row.aspx

What I need is that inputing cell and then press keyboard 'Enter' key to move to next cell for a new row in RadGridView (Winform). Now the issue is keyboard 'Enter' for given cell will add new row immediately but not move to next cell on right. I don't want to complete adding new row before leaving serveral cells with empty.

The Telerik Winform version (2011.3.11.1219) I have installed as:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for WinForms Q3 2011 SP1\Bin\Telerik.WinControls.GridView.dll

Warm regards,
Stanley
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
187 views
I want to make a RadLabel look like a RadTextBox in the current theme, but I have not been able to figure out how to fully accomplish this.

I need to display read-only data on a dialog, but using the RadTextBox and setting ReadOnly to true does not give the behavior I want.  The control is still selectable,  it takes focus and tab, and the text is still selectable.  Even if I set Focusable=false and TabStop=false it behaves the same.  If I set Enabled=false the behavior seems correct, but the control becomes grayed out which is not how I want it to look.

If I use a RadLabel to show this data it behaves correctly: it does not accept focus and does not let the user select text in it.  If I set the BackColor to like "White" it looks close to how I want it to look, but if I do this it no longer follows the theme.  What I want to do is something like set BackColor to whatever the BackColor of a RadTextBox would be in the current theme, but it does not look like themes are applied in this way. 

So, is there a way to ask the current theme what the BackColor of a RadTextBox should be?  Is there some other way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
6 answers
279 views
Hi there,

I'm trying to replace a windows menuStrip control with a radmenu and couldn't find the MDIWindowListItemm attribute in the radmenu. Is there a replacement attribute for that on the radMenu?

Jonathan
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
345 views
Hi,

How can I hide/collapse the toolTabStrip close button permanently. I used " toolTabStrip1.CloseButton.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed;" and "((Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonElement)(this.toolTabStrip1.GetChildAt(0).GetChildAt(2).GetChildAt(0).GetChildAt(2).GetChildAt(0))).Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Collapsed;" but it's not working properly. I attached a screen shot.

Many thanks,
 
Ian

Edit: Using Version 2011.1.11.315
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
5 answers
448 views

Do you know how to fire a RowSourceNeeded event manually ?

e.g. RowSourceNeeded(sender, new GridViewRowSourceNeededEventArgs(xxx,xxx,xxx));

Thanks.

 

 

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?