This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridView top Border missing in 2011 q2

11 Answers 116 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
nasser
Top achievements
Rank 1
nasser asked on 19 Aug 2011, 07:14 AM
Hi
I`ve downloaded 2011 q2
GridView not showing the top border,
I`ve set the Theme to ControlDefault and other Themes, but it`s not working.
tried to change border thikness and again not working
I`m sure I didn`t have this problem in 2011 q1.

if(It`s a bug in this release)
{
    please fix it();
}
else
{
    what`s the solution();
}

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2011, 07:09 AM
Hello Nasser,

Thank you for your question.

I confirm that there is an issue in the most RadGridView themes, including ControlDefault. The top border of the control is missing when the control is still empty - has no columns or rows. We will address this issue in our next Service Pack, scheduled for the beginning of September.

Let me know if you have further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Alexander
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2011, 06:56 PM
I have put on Q3 and am still getting this issue
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2011, 03:02 PM
Hello Jay,

We have not experienced this issue in the Q3 2011 release of RadGridView. Could you please give us more details regarding your case so we can reproduce the issue? It will help us investigate it further and try to find a suitable solution.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Alexander
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2011, 03:34 PM
I have a radform, drop a gridview on it, go into property builder for the gridview and add a textbox column, make the column read only, do not allow sorting, grouping, or adding, do not show the group panel or the column header row.  The top border is missing.
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi Jay,

This issue is addressed in our latest release - Q3 2011. I recommend that you try it, it contains new interesting features such as touch support and a new Windows 8-like Panorama view control. We will appreciate to hear your feedback regarding our new features.

Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2011, 07:06 PM
That is the release that I'm on.  I just downloaded and installed it last week.
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2011, 05:45 PM
Hi Jay,

I apologize, it seems that this issue still appears in the described scenario. I updated your Telerik points for bringing our attention to the issue. We will try to address it in our upcoming service pack.

You can work around the issue by using the following code:
this.radGridView1.TableElement.Margin = new Padding(0, 1, 0, -1);
this.radGridView1.TableElement.ViewElement.Margin = new Padding(0, -1, 0, 0);

Greetings,
Jack
the Telerik team

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 08:15 PM
I had the same problem as Jay.  I implemented the solution you described and it worked, but a similar issue arises with the group bar enabled.  Is there a padding to adjust for that as well?
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2012, 04:52 PM
Hello Daniel,

You should not experience this issue when using our latest release - Q3 2011 SP1. Please note that you should remove the old fix when using the latest version. If the issue continues to appear, please send me your application or describe the scenario in which the issue occurs. I will be glad to help further.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

SP1 of Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new).

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jan 2012, 04:52 PM
Jack-

I have discovered the remaining issues I was having were due to the bug persisting in serialized xml that was being loaded.  One I removed the stored layout and re-created them, I am seeing the top border correctly.  Thanks for your help.

-Dan
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Daniel,

I am glad to hear that you have solved this issue. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

SP1 of Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new).

Tags
GridView
Asked by
nasser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1