Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
230 views
I'm currently evaluating the winforms suite of telerik controls for a future project and really like the excellent job you guys have done with it. When using the radScheduler I couldn't find a way to override the weekend days i.e. Saturday, Sunday to something that might be set programmatically based on a user's preferences so when the 'Show weekend' checkbox is checked/unchecked the user-defined weekend days would be shown/hidden. I would really appreciate any help with the matter.
Thanks.
Ali.
Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2012
1 answer
192 views
Hi,
Does anyone know how to set the TextBox, TextBoxItem, EditControl or what ever property to read only so that the users can not type any text into it?  I've tried every sub control that has a read only property I could find.  Maybe I missed the correct one.

Thanks,

Mike

edit:

Still can not find it but accomplished with the KeyDown Event Handler
{
   e.SuppressKeyPress = true;
   e.Handled = true;
}
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2012
1 answer
148 views
Hi

I have master and detail gridview, I must disable master gridview, when user try to modify detail.
Disable master gridview work fine, but user can't see which row is selected.
I want set selected row color even gridview is disable.

How can i do it?

Thanks in advanced 
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 May 2012
10 answers
413 views
I am currently using a good old fashioned
 gvDispensing.MasterGridViewTemplate.LoadFrom(openRS(tSQL))
command to load a record set into a grid view.

Some of the data I am working with has 80/150 thousand lines, and when I open the form, it takes over 2 minutes to load the grid view using the code below.

gvDispensing.MasterGridViewTemplate.AllowAddNewRow = False 
        gvDispensing.MasterGridViewTemplate.ShowRowHeaderColumn = False 
        gvDispensing.MasterGridViewTemplate.AutoGenerateColumns = True 
        gvDispensing.MasterGridViewTemplate.BestFitColumns() 
 
        gvDispensing.GridElement.BeginUpdate() 
 
        tSQL = "Crazy Multi Join Query Here" 
        gvDispensing.MasterGridViewTemplate.LoadFrom(openRS(tSQL)) 

Is there anyway to open the form, and attach a progress bar to this loading process so that the user knows that something is happening?


Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2012
3 answers
250 views
Dear Friends,

Is there a way to manage the tooltip behavior of the calendar?

When I use cell.ToolTipText ="Something" it look Ok, but,  with Long Text it's staying on one straight line!

I wish to be able to Word Wrap the long text so I don't see it all across the screen!

Thanks for any Infos!

Ben
 

Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 May 2012
3 answers
103 views
I'm attempting to make the treeview in our application work as it did prior to the improvement which has it clear the current text. (i.e. I'd like the editor that gets created to have the old text in it, and that text highlighted). I've got all this down except for the highlighting.

This needs to be done programmatically, as some nodes do not have an option to be renamed.

What I'm doing currently is: after the treeview acquires an editor, setting the text value of that editor to the value that was the node's text. I can't, however, find an editor that has any kind of "highlight text" feature, to pass to the treeview when EditorRequired is raised. What can I do to implement this feature?
RadTreeNode node = radTreeView1.SelectedNode;
radTreeView1.BeginEdit();
radTreeView1.ActiveEditor.Value = node.Text;

Thanks in advance,
-Alan
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2012
10 answers
530 views
I get following exception when I check or unckec any node in RadTreeView.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.TreeNodeElement.ToggleElement_ToggleStateChanging(Object sender, StateChangingEventArgs args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadToggleButtonElement.OnToggleStateChanging(StateChangingEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.TreeNodeCheckBoxElement.OnToggleStateChanging(StateChangingEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadToggleButtonElement.set_ToggleState(ToggleState value)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.TreeNodeCheckBoxElement.OnToggle()
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadToggleButtonElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.DoClick(EventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.ComponentInputBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Version is 2011.3 11.1219 
I can send you small sample with this exception. 
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
3 answers
315 views
I have a gridview column for full name which is made up of two fields from a database (first name + last name). When I go to edit rows in the grid, I would like display text boxes for first name and last name instead of the concatenated full name which isn't something I can edit directly. Is there a way to do this with the radgridview?  I've done something similar with NestedViewTemplate on the web side, but I'm not sure how to create this type of funcationality with winforms. Any help would be appreciated!
Melissa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
1 answer
163 views
The RadForm Title Bar is cut near the close,max,minimize button, when i load the mdi RadForm in RTL with ar-SA culture thread.

I have tried many different ways, but i'm not able to fix it.
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
5 answers
221 views
how to get Group Header name as Summary row name. Please finnd the attached image for more clarification
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?