Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
140 views
Hi Support,

We use a RadDateTimePicker with yyyy/MM/dd format.

Is it possible that the user enter only 20120502 and not 2012 + right arrow + 05 + right arrow + 02?

Best regards,
Dagana
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
13 answers
255 views
We recently purchased the Telerik Premium Collection for .Net and I need to upgrade a winforms app with the newest controls.  The old controls were just trail controls.  I don't want to make any mistakes and cause my app to stop working so I need advice on how to get the latest controls.  I did submit a ticket and i'm waiting but I need to start this right away so I figure I would post the question in the forum as well.    Should I just install the new controls or uninstall the old controls first?   I'm running out of time so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
6 answers
278 views
Is it possible to apply a shadow to text that you have adjusted using html. It seems that I can apply a shadow to text that has not been changed via html. But, If I make size, color, etc changes to text in a label, I cannot successfully apply a label. Here is what I have tried, without success.

lblDateTime.Text = "<html>" & Format(CStr(DateTime.Now), "Long Date") & "<br><font=Arial Black><size=34><color=" & darkNight.ToArgb & ">" & Format(CStr(DateTime.Now), "Short time")
 
        Dim primitive As TextPrimitive = DirectCast(Me.lblDateTime.RootElement.Children(0).Children(2).Children(1), TextPrimitive)
        primitive.Shadow = New Telerik.WinControls.Paint.ShadowSettings(New Point(2, 2), Color.Red)

Any help would be appreciated.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
1 answer
207 views


Posted 4 hours ago (permalink)

Hello Friends,


I following field in sql database for  IMage_master 

1) Imageid (numeric(18,0))
2) Image_code (nvarchar(100))
3) fullimage (image) -- I store image with 100 kb

I am doing windows application with C# and Sql2008 as backend

I have gridviewcomboboxcolumn with name cmbimage with display member fullimage and value member as image code. Its not sowing image its just showing byte[]. i want to display image in   gridviewcomboboxcolumn  .


Please help me out , if possible with code

With Regards

Ameya Chavan
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
3 answers
131 views
Hi

I'm new to the Telerik Libs.
I rewriting a program to use the Telerik Libs.

The Program should show the strucure of a CAD Structure as a "TreeListView". My Problem is that NOT the complete structure is loaded on startup. So it's only the first level loaded. The other data are laoded, when the tree is collapsed.

So I'm using the GridView as a SelfReference to have the Tree View.

The Problem is how can I show the "+" Icon even if I only loaded the first level. On loading the first level I know if there a sub Items or not.
I have tried it with Me.RadGridView1.Rows(rownum).HasChildRows = True but thats readonly.

And the next thing is, how can I react on collapsing the tree, and reload the sub items

Thanks
Br Flo

PS: I'm using VB.net ad VS2010
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2012
2 answers
475 views
We have several raddropdown controls on a form, and they are set to use Windows 7 theme. 
Some of these need to have a different background color to indicate that they are required. 

We have tried
1.  setting the BackColor property in the Properties window - does not change the color. 
2.  setting it in the code (rddVendor.BackColor=color.yellow)....does not change the color. 

I'm sure we are missing something rather simple....can anyone point us in the right direction? 
Other info....VS 2010, vb.net, framework 4.03xxxx, Telerik Q1 2012 SP1

Thanks.

UPDATE.....using the following lines of code, we can get a fully colored background.....but if there is a way to fully color the background with only one line, that would be preferrable.  Since BackColor is a property of the control, I would expect that to do it....

rddVendor.DropDownListElement.TextBox.BackColor = Color.Yellow
rddVendor.DropDownListElement.TextBox.Fill.BackColor = Color.Yello

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2012
2 answers
212 views
Hi,

Is there a way to access the "Click here to add new row" in runtime? i want to add a command button for a new record. in the click event, I want to set focus the in the "Click here to add new row" as if the user  clicked it manually.?


Thanks
Emilio
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 May 2012
1 answer
228 views
Hi,

Using RadScheduler binding via schedulerBindingDataSource with an appointment table of an access.mdb with over 22000 appointments takes an enormous long time. When I filter to just one month in the Select statement of the TableAdapter resulting to about 200 appointments it takes about 4 seconds. If I also use the field Description it takes about 7 secs. Surely I'm doing something wrong. Could you give me some ideas of possible causes of slow performance?

Thank you
Karl
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2012
11 answers
1.2K+ views
Hello,
I would like to have a TreeView element as a selection in a combobox.
And this control should be embedded in a RadCommandbar.

Such an example, I've already found at the following link:

"http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/combobox/placing-single-treeview-inside-combobox-dropdown.aspx"

Is there such a thing even for c#.net 2010 Windows Form ?
Thanks for any tip
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2012
4 answers
332 views
Hi, 
i am trying to specialize a RadPanel in order to use RoundRectShape and custom background color. 
There's something wrong with this code? At runtime it seems that my code does not have any effect on the Panel

Thanks 
Marcello


public class FooPanel : RadPanel
{
    public FooPanel()
        : base()
    {
        
    }
 
    protected override void OnLoad(System.Drawing.Size desiredSize)
    {
        RoundRectShape shape = new RoundRectShape();
 
        shape.BottomLeftRounded = true;
        shape.BottomRightRounded = true;
        shape.TopLeftRounded = true;
        shape.TopRightRounded = true;
        shape.Radius = 25;
        this.RootElement.Shape = shape;
 
        base.OnLoad(desiredSize);
    }
}
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 May 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?