Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
131 views
Hi guys,

I am currently evaluating the Scheduler control for one of my company's projects.

We are using Visual Studio 2010, targeting .NET framework 2.0 and x86 CPU. We are also using the latest version of the controls available atm.

I will start by congratulating Telerik on the whole package of controls and tools and hopefully we will be able to get this sorted out so we can buy the complete package and use it for our next version of the software.

An overview of what we are trying to achieve:

We have two types of events (I will give them generic names for privacy reasons):

-Base Event (Recurring type)
-Completion Event

The base events are created first and have a start date, end date and a frequency.
The completion events are created by the user to target a specific instance of one or more base events.

ex:
 I create "Base Event 1" and "Base Event 2" both starting on 1/1/2001. Base 1 is daily, Base 2 is weekly.

At a different time I create a Completion Event that targets both the instance of Base Event 1 that occurs on the 8/1/2001 and the instance of Base Event 2 that occurs on the same date.

We need to display this information to the user on the Scheduler MonthView and TimeLineView in a way that allows the uses to have a global view of the all the Base Events with a different graphical representation to the Completion Events.

Also we need to have a visual link between each Completion Event and each of its Base Events.

Finally we need to be able to select a date and create a Completion Event, with the ability to select the target Base Events.


With this general idea I tried different approaches trying to adapt my solution to the scheduler architecture:

1 - Using the Base Event as resources:

This would allow me to use the Group By Resources and have a deferentiated view of each Base Event's Completion Events.

Limitations: 

I need to be able to show all of the Base events on the same calendar along with all the Completion Events
I need to have single instances of the Main events on specific dates, so having them as resources is a big limitation.

Question:

Is it possible to use the Group By function with anything else other that the resources? If so, how?

2 - Create 2 derived classes of the Appointment, 1 for each kind of event, and display them differently, catching the AppointmentFormatting event:

This was by far the closest I got to a solution...

Limitations:

The month view appears to only be able to support 1 appointment per line with a default height and a default visual style.

Questions:

-Can I change the style (template?) of the Appointment base on its type? Lets say I wanted to draw the BaseAppointment as a Square and the CompletionAppointment as a Circle (Or something else that would differentiate them clearly?

-Can I change the style of the MonthCellElements so they can look divided into two? (kind of 'group by' inside each CellElement). I also tried adding controls to the Children collection, but they work on all views except the MonthView. On the month view the added controls only appear on the HeaderCells... (Bug??? I can send Screen Shots of this if you would like...) 

-I can obviously add a collection of BaseAppointments to my CompletionAppointment class (which I did), but how can I display this relation to the user on the MonthView (or the TimeLineView)?


Sorry for the lenghty post but I was trying to be as clear as possible.

I have attached a screenshot of one of my tests, so you can have an idea of what I am trying to achieve. Each of the buttons inside the appointments represent a link to the respective base appointment with matching colors.

Regards,

Hugo

Guga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2012
0 answers
96 views
Hello,

as I can see properties sorted by PropertyName only? Is there an option/setting to sort by Label?

Regards from Leipzig

Holger Boskugel
Holger Boskugel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 07 May 2012
8 answers
267 views
The following code is used to remove the expander [+] or [-] for the Hierarchy Tree.

Question: Do you know how to remove the blue square which surrounding the expander as well ?

 public void RadGridView_ViewCellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.CellElement is GridGroupExpanderCellElement)
            {
                GridGroupExpanderCellElement cell = e.CellElement as GridGroupExpanderCellElement;
                if (cell != null && e.CellElement.RowElement is GridDataRowElement)
                {
                    if (!IsExpandable(cell.RowInfo))
                    {
                        cell.Expander.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Hidden;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        cell.Expander.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Visible;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
Thanks Telerik Team =)
I have attached a picture to describe the blue square which surrounding the expander, please take a look !
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
1 answer
146 views
Hi,

I want to use the browse editor component, but cant find it in the toolbox?

Any ideas? Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
5 answers
190 views
Dear,

How can I (programmatically) to view a detail line (containing the description of the request) below the selected row in the grid?

In which event this program?


Looking forward ... 
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
3 answers
217 views
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set a thicker and coloured row line based on a value in the row (group). I've attached an image of what I'm trying to achieve.
Would any of you know be able to point me in the right direction for what I'm sure is a simple enough solution.

Many thanks

Terry
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
2 answers
749 views
I was wondering if you can bind the property grid to a dat source like SQL table or microsoft access table?
If so can you show me an example. I have an access table with 6 columns and about 100 rows. I know a gridview is what i shoudl use but i want to use a property grid view.
ID - uniqueID
ParentID - correlates to which ID to group with
Order - order of group
Decs - description of what it is screen display
Type - type
Value - value
example
ID   ParentID   Order      Desc   Type  value
1        0              0           Gen    CAT
2        1              0           help    bool    true               
3        1              1           num    int       7
4        0              1           Dogs   CAT
5        4              0           Labs    int      2
6        5              0           Yellow  int      1
7        5              1           Black   int      1

so the property grid would look like this.
-General
    Help             true
    num              7
-Dogs
   -Labs            2
       Yellow       1
        Black       1
would this even be possible?
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
4 answers
1.9K+ views
FYI - I am new to Telerik controls and new to entity framework 4.0.
Although I think I have my entities set up ok for now, I am trying to now use the Telerik dataGrid.

The scenario:
I set the datasource of the datagrid to that of my entity.
I do not want the users to be able to edit any of the data.

I added a checkbox in the first column at design time allowing users to select a particular row for later processing.

The questions:
Since the grid is 'not editable' how do I allow the user to select the checkbox to select the row?
If the grid allow column swapping, is it possible to keep the checkbox I added in the first position?

Bonus question:
Once I select the rows I want, what is the preferred method in looping through the rows to gather the rows selected?

Help is greatly appreciated!
Bob
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
3 answers
142 views
We have an application that uses Telerik Themes to theme the forms.  There is a RadDock with several toolwindows.  After the theme is applied, the hide, close, and menu buttons on the toolwindows are not visible.  This is only occurring with certain themes, the buttons are visible on the other ones.  I am uncertain how to proceed to fix this problem.

Version of dlls: 2010.1.10.409

Themes that work: Office2007Black, Office2007Silver, Desert
Themes that do not display the buttons: Telerik, Breeze,Vista, Aqua

Thanks

Alex
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
2 answers
409 views
Hi guys,

Hopefully a short and easy question. How do I add images to a RadListView? I've tried the below:

radListView1.Items.Add(Image.FromFile("C:\\images\\myLovelyPhoto.jpg"));

But it just gives me the time of object. IE. It shows a check box (as I have that set) plus "System.Drawing.Bitmap".

I'm probably missing out on something very obvious. I just want to list a number of images a be able to select them using either check boxes or radio buttons.

Thanks,

Sacha


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?