Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
8 answers
2.0K+ views
I'm binding a GridView to a datasource with Date/Time fields which may be null or empty. I'd like to either display "none' or a blank string in the column, but no matter what I do it always shows up as "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM".

How can I at least hide this text?
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
5 answers
189 views
Hello ,
I developed a rich text box user control fro my application purpose. However, for each form or user control I added it, a code block is getting added automatically in designer file. Following is the code block:
radDocument1.DefaultStyleSettings = styleDefinition1;
radDocument1.DocumentContentChangedInterval = System.TimeSpan.Parse("00:00:00.0000100");
radDocument1.HyperlinkNavigationMode = Telerik.WinControls.RichTextBox.HyperlinkNavigationMode.CtrlClick;
radDocument1.HyperlinkToolTipFormatString = "{0}\r\n{1} to follow link";
.......
The main problem is with the statement radDocument1.DocumentContentChangedInterval = System.TimeSpan.Parse("00:00:00.1000100");
This line causes a run time exception saying the interval should not be zero.
However, if I try to change the value, it gets automatically reset every time if a deign change occur on form/control.
So, I need to look for this entry and change it to some non-zero value before every run.

Please help me out to get rid if it.

Thanks
--Pawan
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
3 answers
135 views
Hi~
my winform version is 2012.1.321.40
In office2010blue theme should not change the button's font.
but another themes are change good.
only office2010blue theme should not change the button's font.

what can i do?
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
3 answers
287 views
I use an errorprovider on a radform to show input errors to the user. I can use it with a radtextbox when the validating event is triggered like so:
errProvider.SetError(txtBox, errMsg)
errProvider.Icon = Icon.FromHandle(My.Resources.input_error.GetHicon())
errProvider.SetIconAlignment(txtBox, ErrorIconAlignment.MiddleLeft)
Where txtBox is a RadtextBox.

2 problems I encounter when using a CommandBarTextBox:
first: raising the validating event
second: using the SetError method of the errorprovider to link it to a CommandBarTextBox.

I tried adding the validating event in the form_load event:
AddHandler txtPIN.TextBoxElement.TextBoxItem.Validating, txtPIN_validating()
Private Sub txtPIN_Validating(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)
    If HuidigeAccount.Instance.Gebruikers.Count > 0 Then
        FormHelper.RequiredTextBox(txtPIN.TextBoxElement, _errProvider, _errProviderMsg, "Er is een pincode vereist om op te slaan")
    End If
End Sub
But vs2010 throws me a compile error:
Argument not specified for parameter 'sender' of 'Private Sub txtPIN_Validating(sender As Object, e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)'.
Argument not specified for parameter 'e' of 'Private Sub txtPIN_Validating(sender As Object, e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)'.


Not being able to use the errorprovider, a work around using the commandbartextbox border forecolor is an acceptable solution. But not being able to use the  validating event of the CommandBarTextBox, I can't work around that one...
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
5 answers
228 views
Hi,

I have a grid wthere there are lot of columns to be fit in the screen. and I don't want to have a scrollbar to diplay all the columns.

is there are way to change the display orientation to display columns verticallty?

Regards,
Khizar
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
5 answers
378 views

Hello,

When I  try to insert,update or delete the data through the RadGridview of  the program,
if it occurred the pop up error message from the Database(ex:primary key constrain),
the RadGridview will be freezed,then I can't edit the data in the RadGridview any more,
if I force it to work,sometimes cause the program crashed,
I must restart the program to let RadGridview work normally again,
is this problem fixed in the latest version? if not,how to solve this problem?
I  use the 2008 Q2 SP1,DB is SQL Server 2005.

Best regards.

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
1 answer
249 views
When You select a checkbox in the list view, the selected item is not updated. I want to limit the user to the number of checkboxes checked -10. How can this be done? I can keep count of the total, but when the user goes over the total, I can put up a messagebox but have no way of knowing what the 11th checked so I can uncheck it.
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
6 answers
733 views
Is it possible to have alternate row colors in listview?

Thanks,

Javier Gonzalez de Aragon
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
22 answers
1.3K+ views
I was able to create my own sort order for a radtreeview pretty easily by creating an IComparer class, but I appear to be locked in to Ascending/Descending/None for the GridView.

Is there any way (I'm fine with inheriting objects if necessary) to allow a custom sort order in a GridView? I also don't want to apply that sort order right away, I only want it to occur if the user chooses to sort the column in question.
Theo
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
4 answers
195 views
How to update data on RadPropertyGrid?

I want to change propertygrid data, whever change listview selection.
but, it's not refresh, but also append...

What's wrong with my code?

Here is my code...
private RadPropertyStore CreatePropertyStore(string uid)
{
    RadPropertyStore vInfoStore = new RadPropertyStore();
    DataTable dt = Global.www.GetVirtualMachine(uid);
    PropertyStoreItem v_nm = new PropertyStoreItem(typeof(string), "Name", dt.Rows[0]["v_nm"],
                    "Name", "INFO");
    vInfoStore.Add(v_nm);
 
    return vInfoStore;
}
 
private void radListView1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
            ListViewDataItem item = radListView1.SelectedItem;
            string uid = item["uid2"].ToString();
 
            this.radPropertyGrid1.SelectedObject = CreatePropertyStore(uid);
 }
 
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?