This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

why Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid, Telerik.web.UI, Version=2018.1.117.45

16 Answers 3959 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Crane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Crane asked on 29 Jan 2018, 05:53 AM

Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadMonthYearPicker, Telerik.web.UI, Version=2018.1.117.45

and other Control example "Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadMonthYearPicker, Telerik.web.UI, Version=2018.1.117.45"

How can I do in this Queation?

SMc
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Iron
commented on 21 Jun 2022, 11:19 PM

I was having the same problem with my update to V 2022.2.511.45

I would have thought that this would have been corrected by now!

So, I did what was suggested for the 2018 version... copied the designer dll from the download folder and placed them in the Bin folder of my project. Closed VS2022 and then opened it back up and now the designer shows the controls.

16 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Crane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2018, 06:25 AM

I find this Solution.

https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/design-time-troubleshooting#error-creating-control-failed-to-create-designer-after-upgrade-to-r1-2018

FARL31
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2018, 09:50 PM
failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2018.2.710.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4'
Accepted
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2018, 07:03 AM
Hi guys,

As of R1 2018 the Telerik.Web.Design.dll is no more added to the GAC during the installation, so you will need to add it manually to the project Bin folder and refer it from there. You can refer the following help article for more details on this matter:
https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/design-time-troubleshooting#error-creating-control-failed-to-create-designer-after-upgrade-to-r1-2018

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Philippe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Nov 2018, 11:44 AM

Hello.

This is totally "anti-user-friendliness"... We loose hours searching solutions for those installation issues. I have problems after each new release. The issue is still there with 2018.3.910.45.

Regards,

Philippe

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2018, 12:35 PM
Hi Philippe,

This issue has be handled in one of the latest VSX releases (version 2018.1.216.2). Can you upgrade the used Telerik Visual Extensions to the latest version and see if the problem persists?
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=TelerikInc.TelerikASPNETAJAXVSExtensions

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Philippe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Nov 2018, 05:48 PM

Thank you Vessy for the answer.

This completely solved my issue ;-)

Regards,

Philippe

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 29 Nov 2018, 06:21 AM
Hi,

You are welcome, Philippe - I am glad everything behaves properly now :)

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Darrel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2019, 08:01 PM

We are still using Visual Studio 2010 so the new extension will not work. Is there a way around this issue without having to upgrade Visual Studio? The project is referencing the correct version of the file, so I know its not picking them up from the GAC.

Thanks

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2019, 02:14 PM
Hi Darrel,

Can you, please, verify that the all Telerik dlls are taken from one and the same release and are targeting the same .NET version? If this is true, you can see detailed steps on how to update the DLLs manually (without using VSExtentions) in the following help article:
https://www.telerik.com/blogs/upgrade-the-version-of-your-telerik-asp.net-controls-in-6-easy-steps

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Pallavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2019, 07:46 PM

Hello Team,

I am working on RadEditor to integrate trial version with our existing Project VB.Net 4.0 framework.

But when it automatically adds reference in designer.vb the project does not build it says

Error BC30002 Type 'Global.Telerik.Web.UI.RadStyleSheetManager' is not defined.

Please find attached. once we have confirmed that the POC works fine we will upgrade to full version on Talerik.Web.UI

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2019, 08:26 AM
Hi,

I would suggest that you go through the steps in the following blog post and see if following them will help you to upgrade successfully:
https://www.telerik.com/blogs/upgrade-the-version-of-your-telerik-asp.net-controls-in-6-easy-steps

You can also examine the following articles and make sure that all suggested configurations are available in your project:
Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Pallavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2019, 08:50 AM

Hello Vessy,

I am not upgrading the trial version at the moment, my objective is to work on trial version of integrating with our solution and see how it works technically.

but while integrating trial version in VB.Net solution the designer.vb code does not compile and shows error . it seems it does not work on source code .vb and designer.vb code.i have tried all suggested solution in blog but still same.

Have been stuck since 3 days now and hence raised a post.

Pallavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2019, 09:48 AM

Hi Vessi,

This is working now, seems incorrect version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll was been referred and expected was 4.0 version

copied from below path in my Machine as i was unable to attach the file due to size limit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX R2 2019\Bin40

The POC is fine and we are progressing to formally procurement on RadEditor.

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2019, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Thank you for the update, Pallavi - I am glad everything is working properly now.

A per the suggested upgrading steps - they are the same both when you upgrade from an older version or from a trial one, so you can use the linked blog as a future reference (if needed).

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
laxman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2020, 06:59 PM

Error Creating Control - RadMap1Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadMap, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2014.3.1209.35,

Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2014.3.1209.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' 

Why this Error show Can some one please clear it?

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2020, 06:59 AM

Hi Iaxman,

Such error is usually thrown when there are missing or wrong references to the Telerik.Web.UI.Design.dll. Is the 2014.3.1209 version of the controls the one you are currently using in the application?

Basically, you need to copy the Telerik.Web.Design.dll file with the correct version (e.g., from the installation folder) to the project ~/bin folder and add a reference to it in Visual Studio.

You will also have to ensure that all Telerik DLLs in used in the project have the same version.

More details on this matter are available here:

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Crane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Crane
Top achievements
Rank 1
FARL31
Top achievements