This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2008 MasterPage/Content Page callback into postback, and loading panel not showing

2 Answers 90 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
iomega 55
Top achievements
Rank 1
iomega 55 asked on 10 Sep 2009, 11:41 PM
Hi:

I was using Vs2005, and the next escenario is working OK, but last night I need to move into VS2008 and the escenario doesnt work.
I have in the master page a RadAjaxPanel with the contentplaceholder insidde it, so in the contentpages I have alll the logic, when I made a Postback in the content pages, it is converted into a callback, but since I move to VS2008 and framework 3.5 it doesnt work anymore. The loading image is not showing, and the postbacks are not converted.
Here it is:

MasterPage
<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MPageRoot03.master.cs" Inherits="master_MPageRoot03" %> 

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> 
<html xml:lang="en-US" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
<head id="Head1" runat="server"
    <title>someits</title> 
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/img/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> 
</head> 

<body style="background-image:url(../../img/titlebg.jpg); background-attachment:fixed"
    <form id="frmNet01" runat="server"
        <TE01:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"
            <Scripts> 
                <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" /> 
                <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" /> 
            </Scripts> 
        </TE01:RadScriptManager> 
        <TE01:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server"
        </TE01:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
        <TE01:RadAjaxPanel ID="radAjaxPanel01" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" > 
            <div style="width: 100%; height:20px;top:0px; left:auto;" class="div02"
                <table class="tbl12"
                    <tr> 
                        <td width="50%" style="text-align:left"
                            <asp:Label ID="lblMessage" runat="server" CssClass="txt08r" Visible="false" EnableViewState="false" /> 
                        </td> 
                        <td width="50%" style="text-align:right"
                            <asp:Label ID="lblApp" runat="server" style="color:#FFFFFF" /> 
                            <asp:Image ID="imgApp" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/img/spacer.gif"/>&#160;&#160;<asp:Label ID="lblAppTitle" runat="server" CssClass="txt09s" />                                 
                        </td> 
                    </tr> 
                </table> 
            </div> 
            <div id="pnlContentMain01_01" name="pnlContentMain01_01" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;PADDING-LEFT: 0px;PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;OVERFLOW: auto;WIDTH: 100%;PADDING-TOP: 0px;moz-box-sizing: border-box;box-sizing: border-box"
                <center> 
                    <asp:contentplaceholder id="mpContentMain01_01" runat="server" /> 
                </center> 
            </div> 
        </TE01:RadAjaxPanel> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

webForm01.aspx

<%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/master/MPageRoot03.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default3.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default3" %> 

<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="mpContentMain01_01" Runat="Server"
    <asp:Button ID="some" Text="asas22222" runat="server" />     
    <asp:Literal ID="txtsome" runat="server" EnableViewState="false" /> 
</asp:Content> 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
iomega 55
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2009, 03:05 AM
I found the next issue, when the content page doesnt have a Telerik webcontrol, it stops working in this line of the file with this header:

/* START MicrosoftAjax.js */
//----------------------------------------------------------
// Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
//----------------------------------------------------------
// MicrosoftAjax.js

if(b.skin!=""){if($telerik.isIE){if($telerik.$(f).css("filter").indexOf("opacity")!=-1||$telerik.$(f.firstChild.nextSibling).css("filter").indexOf("opacity")!=-1){g=false 

The error it throws is:  Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

But if I put a Telerik webcontrol, specifically a RadCombobox in the content page it works.
Will
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2009, 11:31 PM
Hey iomega 55,

If you are using AJAX.NET (i.e. .NET Framework 3.5 or later), then you need to use the latest version of controls dated May 2009 or later.  Also, you can't use the telerik:RadScriptManager and telerik:RadAjaxPanels anymore, you need to replace them with AJAX.NET's asp:ScriptManager and asp:UpdatePanels.  You can also replace telerik:RadAjaxPanels with asp:Panels and ajaxify them with a telerik:RadAjaxManager.  If you must use the telerik:RadAjaxPanels, it might be possible, but it would mean that you can't use any of the features of AJAX.NET as they are not compatible.

Take it easy,
Bill
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
iomega 55
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
iomega 55
Top achievements
Rank 1