This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 - Property Builder Crashes

3 Answers 97 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cristian Apavaloaiei
Top achievements
Rank 2
Cristian Apavaloaiei asked on 28 Jun 2010, 08:31 AM
Hello,
I have a problem where VS 2010 keeps crashing when opening the property builder of a radgrid.
I am using VS 2010 Professional and RadControls for Winforms Q1 2010 SP2. I also have the following addins: AtominerUtils for Visual Studio, Telerik OpenAccess and Telerik OpenAccess DSW, and the following extensions: Gemini Issue Tracker, Numbered Bookmarks, Telerik WebUI VSExtensions, Telerik CommonPackage, Telerik.WinControls.VSPackage, Visual Designer for OpenAccess and Visual Studio 2010 Pro Power Tools.

I created a new blank winforms application, added a radgrid to the generated form. If i open the property builder now, everything works just fine.
If i open the property builder and add a datasource to the mastergridviewtemplate, i can close the property builder, build the app and run the form. If i add a child template to the master template, vs crashes when i close the property builder. If i add the child template through the properties tab and then open the property builder, i get the same crash.

Here's the crash logged in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: devenv.exe, version: 10.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba1fab3
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba1d9ef
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00001b87
Faulting process id: 0x16b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb16906988c4f0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 3393900c-8285-11df-a3d4-001f3ad854ca

I can also send you the full VS crash report if it would help.

Waiting for your response

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2010, 12:59 PM
Hello Cristian Apavaloaiei,

Thank you for contacting us.

The problem is already fixed. The fix will be available in the upcoming Q2 2010 release expected within approximately two weeks.

Thank you for the reported issue. Your Telerik points have been updated.

Regards,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 09:41 AM
Hello Cristian Apavaloaiei,

I am writing to inform you that the issue that you have submitted in this ticket has been solved in Q2 2010(http://www.telerik.com/products/whats-new-winforms.aspx). Feel free to take a look at our Release Notes which will guide you through all the improvements and changes that were made in this release.

You can download the new version from Downloads (http://www.telerik.com/account/downloads.aspx), section of your account.

As always we will appreciate your feedback on the new release, since this is very important part of our company policies.

If you need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely yours,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 11:16 AM
Hi Cristian,

The purpose of this follow-up is to inform you that your concrete issue has been resolved, but there are still some other issues that we are currently investigating and that will be addressed in our next versions. Feel free to share your feedback on the Q2 2010 release.

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Cristian Apavaloaiei
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Stefan
Telerik team
Nikolay