This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to 2014.1.415 broke stuff

6 Answers 56 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stephen asked on 22 Apr 2014, 04:55 PM
I have just upgraded to 2014.1.415 and some things no longer work.  I would like to revert back to 2013.2.918 but the installer removes the old version from my machine.  How can I get the older version reinstalled?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tieson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 03:02 AM
Assuming it's a licensed product, you can find the older versions by following:

Products & Subscriptions >>> (click on a product) >>> Download - Installer & Other Resources (on the right side of the screen, as I write this).

That should bring up a "Download List" showing everything available to download for your account. You'll find a link within the panel for UI for ASP.NET MVC that says "Older versions" that has the last two or three major versions.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 01:48 PM
Great thank you.  Do you know if the Telerik Control Panel will let me have multiple versions installed?  Also, the latest version that was installed through Visual Studio is 2014.1.415 yet the area you pointed me to says the latest is 2014.1.416.  Do I need to do a manual install?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 03:25 PM
Hello Stephen,

Telerik Control Panel does not support multiple parallel version installations of the same product.

Concerning the version number discrepancy of the Kendo.Mvc assembly - indeed this is confirmed as an issue in the service pack release, for which we apologize. The solution is to upgrade to the assembly from the latest internal build which was uploaded today, available for commercial users. You can find it in your account's Products & Subscriptions > Latest Internal Builds section.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 03:28 PM
ok so two more questions:

1. If the control panel doesn't support multiple versions can I still keep multiple version installed for use in different projects?

2. Maybe I have this wrong but I thought internal builds were not fully tested.  Is this internal build safe for production use?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 03:38 PM
Hi again Stephen,
  • You can host multiple versions locally (extracted from zip distributions) and use whichever version you prefer in your projects
  • The internal builds passed our automated tests and are classified as reliable, hence they can be used in production.

Regards,
Sebastian
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by