This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to copy file using drag and drop

5 Answers 65 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Muhammad asked on 08 May 2014, 07:19 AM
I would like to know how can we copy and paste a file by drag and drop ?

I found this demo and drag and drog functionality is not working in the demo as well

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/fileexplorer/examples/client-sideapi/clientsideevents/defaultcs.aspx

Kindly help,
Thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2014, 11:07 AM
Hello Muhammad,

I already answered your other thread on the subject. For convenience I will paste my answer here as well.

At present, the copy/move on drag functionality for RadFileExplorer is available only when dragging from the grid component to the tree - we do plan to extend this functionality but I am not able to provide firm estimate and / or any specifications on the subject.

Regards,
Dobromir
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2014, 05:41 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I have another problem with keyboard Shortcuts of FileExplorer, If I set ExplorerMode="FileTree" than Im able to delete a file using del key, but if I set ExplorerMode="Thumbnails" than keyboard shortcuts are not working.

Please Help
Thanks
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2014, 03:38 PM
Hello Muhammad,

I tried to reproduce the described behavior with the latest version of the controls but to no avail. Could you take a look over the video from my test here and see whether I am not leaving anything out? Could you provide more detailed information regarding the specific issue?
  • Which version of the controls is used in your application?
  • Is the problem reproducible in all browsers or only in a specific one?
  • Are there any specific configurations applied to the FileExplorer on your side? Can you prepare a sample fully runnable page demonstrating the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Vessy
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 May 2014, 04:21 PM

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.

1. Im using Telerik v2012
2. It is happening in Firefox & IE

Here is the code

<telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server">
</telerik:RadScriptManager>
<telerik:RadFileExplorer runat="server" ID="RadFileExplorer1" ExplorerMode="Thumbnails">
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>

Code Behind

string[] paths = new string[] { "~/Drive/taqi" };

RadFileExplorer1.Configuration.ViewPaths = paths;
                RadFileExplorer1.Configuration.UploadPaths = paths;
                RadFileExplorer1.Configuration.DeletePaths = paths;

Here is what happening

After the page loads when I select a file from grid and press the DEL button nothing happens, but if I select a file from FileTree and click on DEL I see the Delete Confirmation window. Now again If I try to delete file from grid using del I can see the confirmation window

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2014, 01:58 PM
Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for the provided additional information.

The keyboard support for Thumbnail mode of FileExplorer is added in the 2012 Q3 release, so the first version of the controls when this feature is available is 2012.3.1016. That means if you want to obtain this functionality you will need to upgrade at least to this version of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX.

Hope this information will be helpful for you.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik

Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1