This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik report. Export to Excel 2007 (10). "Rows to repeat at top".

8 Answers 176 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 2
Andrey asked on 21 Sep 2011, 08:50 AM
Hello,

I use "ColumnHeadersPrintOnEveryPage" setting to repeat column headers on each page in the report.
  It sucessfully works when I export the report to PDF or Word, but unfortunately does not work when I export it into Excel.

Is it possible to mark some rows in the report do be repeated on each page in Excel during exporting to excel (see picture)?

Thanks,
-Andrey Popov

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2011, 08:59 AM
Hi Andrey,

The following rendering extension categorization shows how supported extensions vary:

• Data rendering extensions: CSV
  • Logical page layout rendering extensions: HTML, Excel
  • Physical page layout rendering extensions: Image, PDF, RTF, XPS, PPTX, DOCX
So as you see, Excel is not a page oriented format and is indefinite by width and height. When printing from excel, it is the program that handles the excel file that separates the content into logical pages. We have no control over that.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Sep 2011, 09:47 AM
Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

Are You going to implement this functionallity in the future, for example using "Excel Device Information Settings" (http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/programmatic-exporting-report.html)?

Something like that:  
  var deviceInfo = new Hashtable();
  deviceInfo.Add("RowsToRepeatAtTop", "$1:$2");

Thanks,
-Andrey Popov
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Andrey,

Feature request implementations are based on number of inquiries from users. The higher the interest in some functionality, the bigger the chances are that we are going to implement it in subsequent versions. At this time you are the second person who has requested this functionality and this feature is with low priority in our tasks.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Teddy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Dec 2011, 05:13 PM
hi,
I would like to know if you implement this functionallity ( Rows to repeat at top) ?
thanks
Sathya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jan 2014, 06:31 AM
Hi,

I'm rendering the report with Excel format. I have use the property "Rows to repeat at top". Its not working. Is this feature is implemented?

Thanks!
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jan 2014, 05:20 PM
Hello Sathya,

Currently we do not support such feature. You will have to apply the setting through MS Office, use additional libraries to set the worksheets printer settings through code, or use other physical page layout rendering extensions, where the desired functionality exists.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Stephen McDaniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2015, 12:21 AM
I would also love the ability to specify a "Rows To Repeat At Top" setting that flows through to the exported Excel file.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2015, 01:16 PM
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the public feedback portal to add your feature requests. Based on the demand for a feature, it is considered for implementation.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 2