Report Viewer - HTML5
n/a
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
n/a asked on 09 Mar 2022, 07:04 AM

hello, 

I don't want to use the built-in export functionality that comes with HTML 5 Report. 

Is there a way to download report with click in PDF format.

Thank you.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2022, 02:08 PM

Hi Alruya,

If you use the Html5 Report Viewer, you may trigger the viewer's commands that are internally used by the menu toolbar buttons from custom buttons.

You may also use the Reporting REST Service API, for example, with a custom JavaScript client.

An alternative approach, without a REST Service, is explained in the KB article Print a report directly at client-side without displaying it in a Viewer. You may skip the special setting related to invoking the browser PDF reader print dialog.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
n/a
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
commented on 14 Mar 2022, 01:08 PM

hello Todor

what about if i want to acheive the in Mobile application.

i mean we are displaying .html page in native mobile applications.

we are using telerik html5 report viewer with in this. .html pages

in this html pages via mobile app, thr built in exportt pdf and client side generated pdf does not open in browser.

so do we have solution  for this scenrio.

pla advice

Todor
Telerik team
commented on 17 Mar 2022, 10:21 AM

Hello Alruya,

Our Html5 Viewers are HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript/jQuery widgets that are meant to be used in browsers.

I tested our online demos in the browser of my Android phone and successfully exported the report in PDF. It was automatically opened by the default PDF reader of the phone.

Unfortunately, we don't have a dedicated viewer for mobile applications. You may try to integrate our pure Html5 Viewer, the Angular Viewer, or the React Viewer in your application. We haven't tested them in this scenario though.

Alternatively, you may use our REST API to implement a local viewer or report exporter in your application.

Tags
Report Viewer - HTML5
Asked by
n/a
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question