This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Grid issue

5 Answers 354 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
harsh
Top achievements
Rank 1
harsh asked on 10 Nov 2017, 05:39 AM

I am using Telerik Grid for Aspnet Core 2.0, but here my Actionresult "[DataSourceRequest]" can't be called, the browser says error message "The connection was reset".

Please find my code below:

Index.cshtml

-----------------

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<MVC6.Models.Blog>()
        .Name("grid")
        .Columns(columns =>
        {
            columns.Bound(c => c.Title).Width(140);
            columns.Bound(c => c.Description).Width(190);
        })
        .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height: 380px;" })
        .Scrollable()
        .Groupable()
        .Sortable()
        .Pageable(pageable => pageable
            .Refresh(true)
            .PageSizes(true)
            .ButtonCount(5))
        .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
            .Ajax()
            .Read(read => read.Action("Customers_Read", "Blogs"))
        )
)

BlogController.cs

-----------------------------------

// GET: Blogs
        public async Task<IActionResult> Index()
        {
            return View("~/Views/Home/Index1.cshtml");
        }

public IActionResult Customers_Read([DataSourceRequest] DataSourceRequest request)
        {
            return Json(GetBlogs().ToDataSourceResult(request));
        }

private  IEnumerable<Blog> GetBlogs()
        {
            return _context.Blog.Select(blog => new Blog
            {
                Title = blog.Title,
                Description = blog.Description

}).ToList();
        }

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2017, 07:14 AM
Hello, Harsh,

Thank you for the provided information.

Based on the provided details and the error, it seems that the issue is not directly related to the Kendo UI Grid.

The issue is more likely to be caused by the internet options:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1056868 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564444/getting-the-connection-was-reset-errors-across-multiple-browsers/

If the issue still persists, please check it on another network to observe if the issue is network specific.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
harsh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Nov 2017, 06:34 AM

Thanks for your response, But i 'd like to tell you the same thing above i have applied in Asp.net Core 1.0 and it is working well. The same code is not working in Asp.Net Core 2.0. It seems like the Action "Customers_Read" with "[DataSourceRequest" can not be called from view side code. So, i think there is a bug.

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 24 Nov 2017, 01:49 PM
Hello, Harsh,

I made an application using IActionResult with DataSourceRequest and ASP.NET Core 2 which is working as expected on my end.

If the issue is introduced after switching to version 2.0, please ensure that the latest version of the widgets is used as the Core 2 support was introduced in the latest releases.

If the issue still occurs after updating to the latest version, please provide an example which we can test locally and inspect it further.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
harsh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Nov 2017, 10:58 AM

Hi,

I am not able to run even a project.

Can you please provide running solution? I am using VS2017 Core 2.0.

Getting below errors:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'System' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\GridController.cs    1    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Microsoft' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\GridController.cs    5    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'DataSourceRequestAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\GridController.cs    14    Active

Error    CS0518    Predefined type 'System.Object' is not defined or imported    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\GridController.cs    14    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Microsoft' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\HomeController.cs    5    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Controller' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\HomeController.cs    9    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'IActionResult' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\HomeController.cs    11    Active

Error    CS0103    The name 'Enumerable' does not exist in the current context    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\GridController.cs    16    Active

Error    CS0518    Predefined type 'System.Int32' is not defined or imported    KendoUiGridCore2    E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\Controllers\GridController.cs    16    Active

Error        Assets file 'E:\Harsh\Demo\4a62fed4-4e1d-4457-8bdd-29d3676a125d_KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\KendoUiGridCore2\obj\project.assets.json' not found. Run a NuGet package restore to generate this file.    KendoUiGridCore2    C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.0.3\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\build\Microsoft.PackageDependencyResolution.targets    323    

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2017, 07:14 AM
Hello, Harsh,

I tested the same zip file on different machines and it was able to open as expected.

It may occur if the Telerik ASP.NET Core VsExtensions are not installed. Please install than a try rebuilding the solution after that.

As the original issue is different, could you please share with us the project that has the issue described initially in the ticket, so we can inspect it and check if we can offer a suggestion that will focus on that.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Tags
Grid
Asked by
harsh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
harsh
Top achievements
Rank 1