This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer.

15 Answers 1066 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 29 Jan 2015, 08:35 PM
With Chrome 40.0.2214.94 m (64-bit) and the latest 2014.Q3 Sp1 of the controls - we are getting this errors when hovering on/off or RadButtons when the page is zoomed (seems to just have started happening in the last day or so)

Uncaught Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer.
Parameter name: y
Actual value was 1100.8.

Oddly - we do not see this on all pages... Perhaps a combination of things are happening, but we have not been able to pin it down.

15 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2015, 09:36 PM
Changing from ScriptManager to RadScriptManager fixed it
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2015, 08:12 AM
Hi Dan,

I wasn't able to reproduce the mentioned issue with RadButton on a zoomed page in Chrome browser with Telerik UI version 2014.3.1209. You can watch the short video test and then tell me if I am missing something.

Currently we are only aware of the following issue related to zooming in Chrome that also affects our controls:

"System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format." thrown on Chrome when browser is zoomed in/out

Could you please try to reproduce the issue with the attached example or isolate it from your project and then provide it to us, so that we can make a further investigation on the matter?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2015, 04:54 PM
We see the same error using IE11, while attempting to move a RadSplitter when the browser is not at a 100% zoom level.
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 01:20 PM
Hello Nick,

We are aware only of the JS error is thrown while dragging a Splitbar in IE11 issue with RadSplitter in IE11:

1. Create a page with the following configuration and open it in IE11:
        <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" EnableScriptCombine="false"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadSplitter runat="server" ID="RadSplitter1" Width="100%" Height="100%">
            <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="RadPane1"></telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadSplitBar runat="server" ID="RadSplitbar1" />
            <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="RadPane2"></telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="RadPane3" MinWidth="622" Width="622px"></telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>

2. Ensure that the Document Mode of the browser is set to "Edge", and the Display resolution -  2560x1080

3. Drag the SplitBar of the Splitter

Result: "Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer." error is thrown.

This issue, however, is not reproducible with latest Telerik UI version - 2014.3.1209.

Can you please provide us with the exact code and steps of reproducing the issue, so that we can make a further investigation on the matter?

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

DogBizPro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2015, 04:59 PM
We are having the exact same issue with the RadButton in Chrome. How do we fix it?
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 08:19 AM
Hello Stephanie,

The mentioned issue is not reproducible with latest Telerik UI version. Does upgrading to 2015.1.401 version helps?

If not can you provide us with a runnable sample that showcases this behavior, so that we can investigate it further?

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
DogBizPro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 12:52 PM

So, I have to pay several hundred of dollars, just to get this issue fixed? How do I know that upgrading is actually going to fix the issue?

I unfortunately do not have time to create a broken sample. I suspect it would be impossible anyway since the vast majority of the buttons in our application function properly even when zoomed. I can give you the link to the page with the issue if you would like so you can see it there. 

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 01:14 PM

I found that on the page where I had this problem - replacing <ScriptManager> with <telerik:RadScriptManager> fixed it - on a version from last year.

DogBizPro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. I tried that but it broke our Ajax tabpanel on that page :(
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 01:43 PM
Hi Stephanie - I think it may be easier for you to track down and fix the TabPanel problem using RadScriptManager then leaving that and trying to fix this strange one.  Perhaps use the RadTabStrip?  
DogBizPro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the input. I had tried the RadTabStrip in the past and that too caused issues with other controls on our pages. At this time I just cannot afford to rewrite our entire application....
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2015, 07:04 AM
Hello Stephanie,

You can try the latest Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX suite by downloading our trial version here - http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/download.aspx. If the issue is also reproducible with the latest version you can try sending us a link to a runnable sample. That sample should not, however, contain any dev Telerik assemblies. That being said you can either use a trial version or just point out the exact Telerik version the project is using.

Note also that if you are using Ajax Control Toolkit you may encounter issues - more information is available here http://www.telerik.com/forums/telerik-ui-for-asp-net-ajax-and-ajax-control-toolkit

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
DogBizPro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jun 2015, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the info! Will downloading the trial in any way mess up my current subscription? Will I have to go through a headache to my application back to using the purchased version?
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2015, 01:58 PM
Hello Stephanie,

It is fine to download the trial version with your subscription. Regarding the upgrading process you can refer to the six easy steps provided in this blog post - http://www.telerik.com/blogs/upgrade-the-version-of-your-telerik-asp.net-controls-in-6-easy-steps

You can also refer to the release notes (http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/aspnet-ajax/release-history) for more information regarding any important changes in the controls.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
Pervesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2016, 10:01 AM
Thanks Dan you save our time. Its working fine after replacing the <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="defaultScriptManager">
            </asp:ScriptManager> with  <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="defaultScriptManager"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team