This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Should I have a telerik menu item in VS 2017

4 Answers 96 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
Reid asked on 02 Jul 2018, 02:14 PM
I used to have this menu item and a project update wizard.  Are these options not part of ASP.NET Core Keno UI MVC?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2018, 07:47 AM
Hello Reid,

The Telerik menu in Visual Studio is part of the VS Extensions, which are distributed with the Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core installer. See the following documentation section for more details on the integration with Visual Studio. If you have installed Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core successfully the Telerik menu should be added to Visual Studio.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Jul 2018, 12:30 PM

Thank you for the links but I do not see anything to download any installer.  While I have the ASP.NET Core version installed I do not see any menu item.

The link says, "To access the VS Extensions, use the Telerik | Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core menu."..  I see no menu item.

Accepted
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2018, 10:00 AM
Hi Reid,

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you please check if our Visual Studio Extensions are installed. These steps should guide you through:
  1. Open Visual Studio -> Tools -> Extensions and Updates...
  2. Open the Installed tab and search for Telerik ASP.NET Core VSExtensions and check that the extension is installed.
  3. If the extension is not installed, open the Online tab and again search for Telerik ASP.NET Core VSExtensions 
  4. Click the Download button and wait until it finish
  5. Close Visual Studio then wait until the installation dialog finish
  6. Open Visual Studio and check if the Telerik menu is there.

I hope the provided information helps.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Jul 2018, 12:17 PM

Hi Nikolay,

Thank you for that.  I now have the Telerik menu item.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
Reid
Top achievements
Rank 2