This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SharePoint 2013 Radeditor with track changes

1 Answer 77 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt asked on 31 Dec 2014, 07:38 AM
Hello,

Im building some proof of concepts on SharePoint 2013, the user wants to be able to create WIKI pages, and have an enhanced "Track Changes" functionality. SharePoint already has basic versioning and tracking of changes - but not as good as something like WORD.

My questions are - with my downloaded trial version of RADEDITOR (and the AJAX tools, and the SharePoint Webparts), i can set up the editor to work on my WIKI page - but even after changing the TOOLSFILE.XML file to put in the track Changes functionality - I get the dreaded message "Enable Track Changes Override not implemented"

Am I able to get this working on the RadEditor for SharePoint 2013?
Am I able to get this working on the TRIAL that I downloaded?
If I do get this working - how does it fit in with SharePoint versioning? Will each version of a page I open retain its own "tracked Changes?"

Many Thanks

Matt

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jan 2015, 09:46 AM
Hi Matt,

In order to use TrackChanges functionality, you should also set EnableTrackChanges property from config file. The functionality is available in the trial version too.

Please, see the following help articles:

As you can see at this demo, the TrackChanges functionality adds/removes specific tags and attributes to the content which will not be effected by SharePoint versioning.

Regards,
Nikolay
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Share this question
or