[RESOLVED] Error CS0012: The type 'DataSourceRequest' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly Telerik.DataSource, Version=2.1.3.0

7 Answers 1603 Views
General Discussions Grid
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andy asked on 15 Mar 2023, 01:30 PM

I am using Telerik.UI.for.Blazor version 4.1.0. I recently cleared my nuget cache, and started getting the error noted below. I have already followed the procedure to clear nuget cache and re-install Telerik.UI.for.Blazor, but I keep getting this build error. This is happening on pages that are using Grid, at line: 

var datasourceResult = folderStructure.ToDataSourceResult(args.Request);

error CS0012: The type 'DataSourceRequest' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Telerik.DataSource, Version=2.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=29ac1a93ec063d92'.

ivo
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 02:34 PM

Same problem pipeline also fails to build.
When reverting back to my backupped packages it builds again, but after nuget cache clearing and just installing the package with dotnet restore it fails.

Since the devops pipeline cannot use my local backupped packages i would like a solution for this.
Niels
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 02:43 PM

Having the same problem with CompositeFilterDescriptor.

A bitwise comparison between the NuGet package for Telerik.Datasource, v2.1.3 that I had downloaded before I cleared my NuGet cache and the one I just downloaded shows that the packages are DIFFERENT, including, I guess, the public key token.

Copying the old version of the Telerik.Datasource, v2.1.3 NuGet package back into the NuGet cache makes the problem go away again.

Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 02:44 PM

We got the same issue and using the cache local works. But our pipeline is dead and right before release day.

This needs to get fixed fast. Like yesterday fast

Ron Hary
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 09:32 AM

Have the same problem after updating to 4.1.0

Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 10:54 AM

Any further update? We didn't upgrade at all and are on 4.0.1 but we are getting this issue. Serious problem
Tjieco
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 12:50 PM

This has been blocking us for over 24 hours too now from building anything on Azure. Any indication when we can start being operational again?
Tjieco
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 01:21 PM

It works again, thanks :)
RAY
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 27 Mar 2023, 09:27 PM

This problem totally screwed me.  I already loaded the corrupt package into our local Nuget Feed.   I cannot load in the corrected package because it has the same version number.  
Yeongseok
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
commented on 27 Mar 2023, 10:47 PM | edited

Clear the nuget cache of 4.1.0 and try again.  In my case, the local build works, but the dockerfile build doesn't work, so I deleted 4.1.0 and reinstalled 4.0.1.
RAY
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 28 Mar 2023, 02:39 PM

Unfortunately, the package was already loaded into our local DevOps Artifact repository.  There is no way reload a new version of the package with the same version number.  Until Telerik distributes the package with a new version number, I cannot use the product.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 18 Apr 2023, 07:24 PM

Add me to the affected list.  I still haven't been able to work around it either.  Cleared cache, using the package from the installer, even the supposedly fixed one from the downloads section.
Dimo
Telerik team
commented on 19 Apr 2023, 08:31 AM

Jon - until version 4.2.0 is released next week, please use NuGet packages from our private NuGet feed (nuget.telerik.com).

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2023, 03:41 PM | edited on 19 Apr 2023, 08:30 AM

Hello everyone,

We aim to resolve the problem today, March 16. I am updating this post with the latest information.

===

@ 14:25 UTC

The Telerik.DataSource package problem should be resolved for everyone now. Please do the following:

• Clean your apps.
  • Clear the NuGet cache (or at least remove the telerik.datasource folder from the cache) to load the new package from the server.
  • Use the Telerik NuGet feed and not local feeds that are created by the 4.1.0 installer. Local installer feeds will be possible to use with version 4.2.0, which will be released in late April.

We are still monitoring the NuGet server performance just in case. Thanks everyone for your patience!

===

@ 14:10 UTC

The correct Telerik.DataSource NuGet package was successfully restored on our NuGet server. A small number of customers may still download an outdated cache, which should be a temporary issue.

The NuGet server itself is rebuilding its cache now, which will result in degraded performance. We expect this to complete in about an hour or in the worst case scenario, in several hours.

===

We experienced two separate and unrelated problems yesterday -

• The NuGet server was down, which is already resolved. You can bookmark our Telerik Status page for future reference, if you haven't already.
  • The published Telerik.DataSource package has a different public key token, so the build processes reject it. We uploaded the package by mistake, as a result of a completely revamped release infrastructure that we used for the first time with UI for Blazor 4.1.0. We know what caused the new package to go live and we will adjust our release process to not allow the same problem again.

Our current goal is to fix the issue in such a way, so that you don't have to change anything in your setup (except clearing the NuGet cache where applicable). In other words, we will try to re-upload the old correct Telerik.DataSource package to the NuGet server.

Please excuse us for the trouble with the broken builds. You can keep an eye on this forum thread for updates, or follow this feedback portal item to receive automatic email updates.

In the meantime, the possible workaround is to use a local NuGet feed with the Telerik.DataSource.nupkg file from telerik.com/account/downloads (notice the Version dropdown at the top of the page).

DO NOT clear your NuGet cache if your app builds fine, as this will cause the NuGet client to download the invalid NuGet package.

Regards,
Dimo
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

TacoWombat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 08:10 PM | edited

I see that the Telerik Nuget status has been upgraded to "Operational". Does this mean that Azure devops users should be able to build their apps successfully now?

https://status.telerik.com/

Floris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 10:00 PM

From our side, still broken. Same error messages. The details on the status page also don't reflect the issue we've been having.
TacoWombat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 10:04 PM | edited

Yeah, it's interesting that they were technically different issues. Fortunately, it seems that a plan is in place for Blazor users:

https://status.telerik.com/incidents/rcg165d4t4zn

Floris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 10:11 PM

Thanks for referencing that, alas it does look like we'll have to wait another 11 hours for the updated package as it mentions 9AM UTC, I can only hope it's tomorrow morning that they mean. For us, that results in a total downtime of more than 24 hours. Not great. 
Lawrence
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 10:24 AM

I'm having some issues getting this workaround to work, I am trying to use the Telerik.UI.for.Blazor package which in turn has a dependency on Telerik.DataSource, the publickeytoken of the Telerik.DataSource assembly that I can download from the portal reports a FullName of:

Telerik.DataSource, Version=2.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=20b4b0547069c4f8

Which is obviously not the same PKT that the Telerik.UI.for.Blazor package is looking for (29ac1a93ec063d92)

I've tried downloading and adding both of the nupkg files manually but I think I'm missing a step here?

Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 15 Mar 2023, 02:43 PM | edited on 15 Mar 2023, 02:49 PM

Not an answer but a workaround.

Download the nuget package from
Product Download | Your Account (telerik.com)

and use it in the pipeline

ivo
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 02:52 PM

Got any doc reference how to add nuget package files in devops and then use it inside a pipeline? I only know know the NuGet.config feeds inside the solution.

Thanks for your time, hope it is fixed soon.
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 15 Mar 2023, 03:24 PM

for GitHub

https://docs.github.com/en/packages/working-with-a-github-packages-registry/working-with-the-nuget-registry

Azure DevOps

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/artifacts/get-started-nuget?view=azure-devops&tabs=windows#download-nuget-packages

I do not know of any official documentation from Telerik, but this should work if the nuget files have been downloaded from the link above.

ivo
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 06:44 AM

Thanks! will use this for critical packages from now on :)!

I just ran my pipeline and it works again.
Floris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 15 Mar 2023, 03:05 PM | edited on 15 Mar 2023, 03:10 PM

We are having the exact same issue. We did not bump any versions at all, the exact same code that was compiling on our CI yesterday, is failing today with a similar message. 

EDIT: not an answer, guess I clicked the wrong button.

Yeongseok
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 07:44 AM | edited

When you build the Dockerfile, you'll get an error.

error CS0012: The type 'DataSourceRequest' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Telerik.DataSource, Version=2.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=29ac1a93ec063d92'.

Yeongseok
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
answered on 16 Mar 2023, 07:45 AM

When you build the Dockerfile, you'll get an error.

MIS Operations
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 16 Mar 2023, 09:46 AM
Has there been any update with regards to the "Telerik.DataSource, Version=2.1.3.0" issue? This is holding up development and CI/CD pipelines, I dont want to hack them with a temp fix to get things working. Is there a timeline as to when this will be resolved?

If not I will probably be forced to hack the pipeline to get things working.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 16 Mar 2023, 10:44 AM
The download for the pkg is for 4.1.0.  We are using 3.7.  We do not want to risk breaking chnges across out site for an entire suite update in order o get the DataSource control, and the direct link to the datasource control doesn't seem to be coming down from the link provided.
Bart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 16 Mar 2023, 11:26 AM

There is some progress in the sense that the error changed for the build in BuildKite

Failed to download package 'Telerik.DataSource.2.1.3' from 'https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/package/telerik.datasource/2.1.3/telerik.datasource.2.1.3.nupkg'.
  Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).

... but still fails?

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 12:52 PM

We're seeing the exact same thing here. Hopefully its a small step forward for the Telerik team in seeing this issue resolved today.
Bart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 12:56 PM

@Jonathan: It just started working for us! Maybe give it a retry now...
Tags
General Discussions Grid
Asked by
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1