Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
205 views
For the past few weeks, I've been posting threads that have gotten progress, but  I think I hit a wall that if I can get over, will complete my project. So here it goes:

I have a rowset of data that i want to deflatten.
Example:
gid, gname, uid, uname
I want it to have users(uname) grouped by the group(gname) they belong to.  The problem I'm having is since the 1 rowset i pass to every datasource for each subreport i need, the data duplicates according to the number of rows to that rowset.So if i have group A  with 5 members and group B with 3 members. group A repeats 5 times and B 3 times.

Any help with this would be great!
Gersh
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2012
3 answers
154 views
I have a table with the following data
CODE  |  VALUE
-----------------------
100      | MIKE
100      | JOHN
200      | MIKE
200      | JOHN
200      | FRED

I'd like to be able to show the data in the following form:
CODE | VALUE1 | VALUE2| VALUE3
---------------------------------------------
100     | MIKE      | JOHN    |
200     | MIKE      | JOHN    | FRED

I thought this was what a cross tab could be used for but think I'm mistaken. Does anybody know how I could achieve this?


Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2012
3 answers
417 views
HI,

I create a .aspx file and try to open in design mode, my VS 2010 doesn't respond.
Did any one face this kind of problem. Is this because of telerik? It worked fine until yesterday when this happened.

The reason i need design mode is because i need to create a partial view and add telerik report viewer to the partial view in design mode.
If i add the code to add the telerik report viewer in source code it doesn't work.

<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=6.1.12.611, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" tagprefix="telerik" %>




        <script runat="server">
        
            public override void VerifyRenderingInServerForm(Control control)
            {
                // to avoid the server form (<form runat="server">) requirement
            }


            protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
            {
                // bind the report viewer
                base.OnLoad(e);
       
            }


        </script>
   
       <form id="form1" runat="server">
       <telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Width="100%">
<typereportsource 
           typename="WebEnrollment.Public.Web.Reports.ByProductReport, WebEnrollment.Public.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"></typereportsource>
</telerik:ReportViewer>
</form>

It throws runtime exception

System.Web.HttpCompileException was unhandled by user code

  Message=c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webenrollment.public.web\185985ee\24be7516\App_Web_productviewpage.aspx.b76dddab.hrocxo6x.0.cs(245): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Reporting' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2012
3 answers
1.2K+ views
Is there a way to default to have all the items selected when you use a multivalue report parameter in a filter?

i.e. I have a report parameter that can be any of the 50 states. By default I would like the filter to have all 50 selected when the report runs.
Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2012
4 answers
161 views
Hi to all,
I'm trying telerik reporting to understand if it's a solution for my customers.

I attached ad image document example for my idea. It's a "typical italian document" example an invoice.
  • Section A: the information of invoice, company information, must show on every page (done it's ok)
  • Section B: lines of invoice, if the lines are more than the capacity of the printer page will be on the next page (done it's ok)
  • Section C: additional information of invoice (VAT Informations, Bank Account etc.), it needs to show this section at bottom of page, I intend at bottom of the paper. This means that if the lines end up on the next page, it has to align the section C to the foot of the second page. You can do this?
    I'm trying working with sub-report and anchor, but the problem is that the behavior is not configurable in the section, but only its contents. I can not handle the height of the section dynamically, right?
Peter Pyc
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2012
1 answer
168 views
Hello,

I'm trying to find a dynamic way to Generate reports. So say I have:

Report 1
Report 2
Report 3

Typically you would create a report like this in my web app. 
namespace ReportingSuite.Reports
{
    public partial class AgentPPLReport : OLAPage
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Ruid = "18e1bcca-b432-47a2-90ed-f982ac6225bb";
            if (ValidateReport(Ruid))
            {
                IReportDocument r = null;
                r = new AgentPPL();
                ReportViewer1.Report = r;
                ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();
            }
        }
    }
}


But I hate re-writing similar pieces of code.  It's bad practice repeating code.
And foreach report there everything is going to be the same except the the line where you initialize the report.

What I would like to do instead of writing a new page for each separate report is have one generic page that you send a report type to.  I want to say there is some way around this using templates in C# but answer is eluding me.
Ed Lance
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jul 2012
1 answer
425 views
Hi,
I've juste upgraded one of my projects to Q2 2012 telerik reporting. I've got some difficulties now to correct obsolete statements.
Here is the context :
I have reports created who inherits from Report :
public partial class MyUsers: Telerik.Reporting.Report
{
}
I can't figure out how to resolve those warnings :
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.PictureBox isActif = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.PictureBox)section.ChildElements.Find("IsActif", true)[0];
 
Warning 21  'Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement.ChildElements' is obsolete: 'The Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement.ChildElements property is now obsolete. Use Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ElementTreeHelper.GetChildElements() method instead.'  C:\Code_Source\.REPORTING
Ant this one :
report = new REPORTING.MyUsers();
 
Warning 26  'Telerik.Reporting.Report.implicit operator Telerik.Reporting.ReportSource(Telerik.Reporting.Report)' is obsolete: 'The implicit Report to ReportSource conversion is obsolete. Please create InstanceReportSource instead.'    C:\Code_Source\

Is there anybody there who could help me or give me hints ?
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2012
1 answer
240 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik Reporting for my Report. Now I am facing one issue. I use Pie chart to display my data, Here I need to display my percentage in Data Label column. In designer I have value with %. But in preview my labels append by the item labels. can you please check my attached image. And also I need to point the label in the chart. (label pointing explained in attached image) Is it possible?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2012
3 answers
833 views
I have generate column dynamically in detail sectin of report for this i use cross tab but the problem is that in detail section complete cross tab data is showing means for one row of report multiple rows of cross tab is displaying , i just want show one row of cross tab for each each row of report.
Is there any way to dynamically changing data source of cross tab?so every row of report i have different cross tab data source?
Is there  any other control that will meet my requirement ?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2012
12 answers
1.6K+ views
Hi,
I'm new to telerik, i have a method which return a List of associations and its members, i would like to display this information in a report, i tired to bind the firstName field value of a member to a textbox  and in the report3 design, i assigned the FirstName textbox value to "=Fields.Members[0].FirstName", the method  FindAllAssociations return a list of AssociationModel which has a "Members" property (of type list<AssociationModel>) .
So how to set the FirstName textbox value ?
var reportingModule1 = ReportingModule.CreateModule()
Report report = 
new Report3();
var objectDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
objectDataSource.DataSource = reportingModule1;
objectDataSource.DataMember = "FindAllAssociations";
report.DataSource = objectDataSource;
ReportViewer1.Report = report;


And thank you in advance. 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jul 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?