Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
199 views
Hi!

In my report I have multi value parameter with default value set to aggregate function AllValues just like described in manual at http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/designing-reports-parameters-using-multivalue-parameter.html 

I'm using Web Forms report viewer to display that report. It works as expected when using in proc session state. However when I switch to out proc session state report viewer doesn't display report anymore. It gets stuck at "Generating report" message.
Trace.axd shows that request ended with HTTP code 500, but no exception is specified.

There must be a problem with aggregate function handling (builtin functions like First/Last doesn't work either) in Web Forms report viewer because when I set report parameter explicitly:
myReport.ReportParameters["IDs"].Value = new object[] {1, 2, 3}
it works as expected.
However I'd still prefer to use default value and AllValues function approach if it is possible.

Tested with latest internal build 6.1.12.717.

Regards,
Lukasz
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
2 answers
148 views
We have recently added the feature to create PPTX and XLSX files to our report exports.  We've found a problem with the PowerPoint PPTX export using the new Open XML 2.0 SDK libraries:  when opening the files up, PowerPoint 2007 complains about the file saying it is "unable to display some of the text, images or objects on slides...because they have become corrupted".  In PowerPoint 2010, the file opens and displays without any complaints.

I had a similar problem in the XLSX file until I realized the we had two or more worksheets with the same name sometimes.  Creating worksheets with unique names with in the file made that problem go away.  Using the Open XML production tools, the PPTX file the reporting engine is creating has no stated problems.  It's only when PowerPoint 2007 tries to open the file that it complains.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior and been able to find a reason or workaround for it.

Thanks in advance,

Butch Rosecrans
Charles Rosecrans, Jr.
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
4 answers
288 views
Hi

I have a report with some parameters where I am allowing nulls for them . But the problem is that when the report viewer is loaded the first time the query in the datasource is executing and loading the report..I dont wnat that to happen..I want the user to click the preview button to see the report ..How can make the report invisible but still make the a parameters visible during the page load event...

Please guide me ..Thanks
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
2 answers
176 views
Is it possible to create a report in a Visual Studio 2010 Windows Forms Application (that is a *.dll when compiled) and then read this report by the Report Designer?
My Goal was to be able to create a report in Visual Studio for a Windows Forms Application and allow end users to see the same report. Can it be done in WPF?
Or, do I have it backwards: I create a report in the Report Designer and I can link to it (from a central location) from a Windows Forms or WPF application?
Thanks for your time.

Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
1 answer
216 views
Using VS 2010 and Q2 2012 reporting. In my report I can use "Fields.FieldName" to pass information into a function for my HTML text box. Is there some way to specify the data to be used in a chart in the same way?

Thanks, 

Matthew
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
1 answer
385 views
Using VS 2010 and Q2 2012 reporting. I have chart (attached) in my report based on a dynamic query. The query returns 4 columns and two rows as shown below

Question           Me Others Norms
Days in 7           4 4       0.00
Drinks per day  8 10         3.80

I would like to change the X-axis item labels from 1 and 2 to "Days in 7" and "Drinks per day". 

Where in the designer can I do this? Do I need to change the way the data is returned from the database?

Thanks, 

Matthew
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
1 answer
332 views
I came across an issue when exporting to CSV that the headings where coming out as the name of the text box but i fixed this by adding code after the InitializeComponent() for the report e.g. this.textBox5.Name = "Description"; I want to be able to set this value as the localized value so how do i access the resx files that are generated for me? They aren't in my standard local or global localization folders so i do not know how to access them programmatically.
Michael
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
2 answers
361 views
Hi there,

we have a ServiceOrderReport which works fine at the moment.
But our customers want to load a bunch of Reports at one time to export them to pdf.
Is it possible to generate a reportbook with  two or more Reports dynamically at runtime?

If it is possible, does someone have a short example?

Best Regards
Manfred
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
4 answers
450 views
Hi,

 I using Q2 2012 Telerik Reporting. I have a report With 2 sub reports i don't y my margins are not working properly, 
my requirement is report 1st page is default margins like 1in (left, right,top, bottom). from 2nd page on words my page margines decrease to 0.2 in for left and right.

after i tried to main report margins like attachment but report right side margin act's differently.

can you please help me for this issue
 

Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
3 answers
200 views
Hi !!
I dont know if is posible to create a report with fillable fields, i dont need save that data only print with report, is that posible????
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?