Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
378 views
I have a textbox bound to "Field.A".
The problem is that sometimes "Field.A" does not exist and in these cases I need to bind the textbox to "Field.B".

It was recommended that I use a user function :

public static String ResolveField()
{
string s = new string();

// ????
// Check if Field.A exists
// if yes then s = Field.A
// else s = FieldB

return s;
}


How can I check to see if a field exists without an exception?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2012
3 answers
166 views
Hi All

I have a sub report and in the NeedDataSource event I extract my data.
For each row I loop through the columns collection and if that column contains any text I create a textbox on the fly and add it to the report. Each row appears on a new page.

This all works fine apart from one major issue.

  • If the first row contains 6 columns containing text then I generate 6 textboxes.
  • If the second row only has 4 columns containing text then I add 4 textboxes but an additional 2 empty textboxes appear at the end.

I am assuming that these textboxes are remnants from the previous iteration but for the life of me I cannot get a handle on them.
Is there any way I can get a handle on the current page of the sub report so I can remove these empty textboxes?

Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Aug 2012
1 answer
420 views
I have a report that contains multiple graphs as sub-reports. I am getting an overflow error whenever I navigate to one particular graph in the report (the rest are all fine). See the attached screenshot.

I appreciate I've not provided details on the report, or the type of data etc but i'm more generally looking for how I should approach this in terms of trying to debug the issue. Very little information is available and I've tried to no avail to determine the cause myself.

The report is in the Silverlight reportviewer, so it being rendered on the server side and accessed via the WCF service.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2012
2 answers
336 views
Is there a way to disable the action for a textbox on a databound event?  I'm using an action on a table item to navigation to a drilldown report.  There is no child report, it just opens the same report and navigates to the next node in my hierarchy tree so to speak.  I'm simply passing a value to the same report to indicate who the drilldown parent is.  Everything works fine until I get to the point where there are no more children and I don't want the action to do anything at this point otherwise it will take me to a report with no results.

I've been able to work around my problem by creating two versions of the textbox that contains my action.  One with the action and one without the action.  The one textox is superimposed on the other.  I then simply hide or show the appropriate textbox on a databound event.  Unfortunately, I've run into a problem with this approach and the table object.  A table column can contain only one textbox, so I can't have two different versions of the textbox in a single column.  I can't use two columns, hide one and show the other since some rows may have child reports and some may not. 
Nick Jacka
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Aug 2012
0 answers
116 views
i have 1 report with 2 sub reports, when run the reports one subrepot not show up in main report, that subreport i used only 1 detail section and 1 sqldatasource, this sqldatasource  needs 4 parameters, 3 params gettinf from input's and 1 param is getting from main report result field.
1st  i tried to set the datasource property with sqldatasource1 -- - subreport doesn't show up in main report even with design time values, empty space shows in main report

2nd i tried with need source event this time calls needdatasource event -- this time also didn't sow up any thing in main report, only empty space show up in main report.

please give me solution for this issue

Thanks in Advance
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Aug 2012
0 answers
178 views
We are creating a report which will supress duplicate values. But we want to keep them if it is a new page. I could not find a way to determine if it is a new page Help!!
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Aug 2012
1 answer
150 views
Hi. I want to export a report from Silverlight but by calling a web invoke operation method. I can view the reports within silverlight with no problems.However, I would like to call a method where I pass the report name and the parameters to the web application part of the silverlight application, this will produce the report export [e.g PDF] and save it on the server.

Could you advise if this can be done and some example code?

Thanks
P
madladuk
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
18 answers
944 views
Good Afternoon!

I'm trying to use the trial version of TelerikReportingv6.1. I've made the new class to hold the report but every time I add the "Telerik Report Q2 2012", the report wizard doesn't show up. However, it does make a new report with the name. When I try to open up the report wizard, it keeps giving me the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I've been searching for a way to fix this to no avail. I'm using

- Windows 7
- TelerikReportingv6.1
- Visual Studios 2010

Any help would be greatly appreciated! The sooner I am able to try this and see if it fits our needs, the better.
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
1 answer
112 views
Hi Telerik Team,

I bought Telerik.Web.UI_2011_2_712_Dev_hotfix license version.But I cannot see Reporting tool in tool box and cannot drag ReportViewer control from the Toolbox.What should I do??


Please get the attached file what I can see in Toolbox.


Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
7 answers
389 views
Hi,

Would like to know if it is possible that I have a few lines of text in the textbox and I want it to be justified on both sides like in the Microsoft Word. Currently I can only justify it to the left, right or center.
Ed Lance
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?