Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
233 views
Hi..
Why does the following have no effect?
 chart.PlotArea.YAxis.Appearance.Color = System.Drawing.Color.Black;


I'm trying to set the X and Y axis to appear in black text.  But they still appear in the default gray'ish color.

any ideas?
thx
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2012
2 answers
227 views
Language: C#, VS2010
First, I tried to report in a standalone project (WinForms) zu display a preview with ReportViewer and it worked.
Then I added the same files and references to a bigger solution (WinForms also) and called the PreviewDialog like before in the standalone project and I generates also the reportdocument, but this time it prompt me first 3 messages with the caption Error! (Fehler!), but only once during the runtime.

Heres the method that starts the ReportRefresh-Method()

/// <summary>
/// Barcodes generieren und anzeigen. Legt zusätzlich den angezeigten Titel fest und stellt Enabled auf true.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="titel">Anzuzeigender Titel</param>
/// <param name="barcodeItems">Zu erstellende Barcodes</param>
/// <param name="target">ReportViewer, der als Ausgabe verwendet werden soll</param>
public static void DisplayBarcodes(Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.ReportViewer target, string titel, IEnumerable<ReportItem> barcodeItems)
        {
            DefaultUserPresentationReport templateOfReport = null;
            InstanceReportSource instance = null;
            bool newReport = false;
 
            if (target.ReportSource != null)
            {
                instance = (target.ReportSource as InstanceReportSource);
                if (instance != null && instance.ReportDocument != null)
                {
                       templateOfReport = instance.ReportDocument as DefaultUserPresentationReport;
                }
            }
            else
            {
                templateOfReport = new DefaultUserPresentationReport();
                newReport = true;
            }
 
            templateOfReport.DocumentName = titel;
 
            //Aufgrund der Performance, werden die Bilder an die tatsächliche Größe angepasst
            // Zielgröße bestimmen
            Size sizeOfItemImage_Pixel = templateOfReport.ThumbnailSize;
 
            // A list with barcodeItems and an image
            List<ReportItem> barcodeListe = barcodeItems.ToList();
 
            // Resize images to preview size
            for (int i = 0; i < barcodeListe.Count; i++)
            {
                if (barcodeListe[i].Bild != null)
                {
                    // wrong size images only!
                    if (barcodeListe[i].Bild.PhysicalDimension.Width != sizeOfItemImage_Pixel.Width || barcodeListe[i].Bild.PhysicalDimension.Height != sizeOfItemImage_Pixel.Height)
                    {
                        var newImageForReport = new Bitmap(barcodeListe[i].Bild, sizeOfItemImage_Pixel);
 
                        // free old ram space!
                        barcodeListe[i].Bild.Dispose();
                        barcodeListe[i].Bild = null;
 
                        barcodeListe[i].Bild = newImageForReport;
                    }
                }
            }
 
            target.Enabled = true;
            // set report title
            templateOfReport.Title = titel;
 
            // set source of template report to items
            templateOfReport.SetItemsToPrint(barcodeListe);
 
            if (newReport)
            {
                target.ReportSource = new InstanceReportSource() { ReportDocument = templateOfReport };
            }
            else
            {
                target.ReportSource = instance;
            }
 
            // render start!
            fromMethod = true;
 
            // ! During this step suddenly 3 messages prompt
            target.RefreshReport();
 
            fromMethod = false;
        }

Number
#1) Telerik.Reporting.HTMLRendering2.HtmlReport.resources
#2) Telerik.Reporting.HTMLRendering2.HtmlReportInteractive.resources 
#3) Telerik.Reporting.HTMLRendering2.MHTMLReport.resources

The type Telerik.Reporting.HTMLRendering2.HtmlReport.resources could not be solved
Sender: MyApplication.host.exe
No context avaible

The refrerences the first project needed were:
Telerik.Reporting
and Telerik.ReportViewer

Note:
No Error-Event is firing before these messages are shown and I only want to display the document report and export to pdf.
So it does not have any connection the a Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering2 namespace.

Does someone had also this problem and a solution, and why are these message shown in the second, but not in the first standalone project?

Once again, there are all the same files and references in both projects.

I added the messages to one image as attach-files.

System: Windows 7, VS2010, C#

Solution structure second projects:

Solution Folder
   First Start Project X
        App.config
   Project Y
   Project Z ...
   Report Project
        Refrences to Telerik.Reporting, Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms (both Version: 6.1.12.611, Description: Q2 2012)
        ProjectFolders with ReportPreviewForm
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2012
2 answers
259 views
Good Day all 

i have done a basic report using telerik Reporting a long time ago , i think its been 3 years if i remember correctly and the report was so basic that it was simple to do. i have a  requirement now for a Finance system or Accounting System. I have the Data that comes already calculated via my SP.

My Requirement is as Follows , i want to display the Following format 

  Audited Audited Audited Un-audited
BALANCE SHEET Mar-08 Mar-09 Mar-10 Mar-11
   
NET FIXED ASSETS 23 159 616 24 968 321 24 352 332 23 198 353
DEFERRED ASSETS 0 0 0 0
INTANGIBLE ASSETS 0 0 0 0
OTHER ASSETS 50 000 50 000 50 000 50 000
TOTAL NON CURRENT ASSETS 23 209 616 25 018 321 24 402 332 23 248 353
CASH 36 354 80 101 148 987 521 611
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE 11 756 559 11 365 227 9 223 685 7 562 145
INVENTORY 4 708 984 4 269 738 3 941 538 4 613 054
OTHER CURRENT ASSETS 51 478 0 0 0
TOTAL CURRENT ASSETS 16 553 375 15 715 066 13 314 210 12 696 810
TOTAL ASSETS 39 762 991 40 733 387 37 716 542 35 945 163
LONG TERM DEFERRED TAXES 3 054 804 4 889 626 3 058 807 3 017 438
LOANS FROM SUBSIDARIES 0 0 0 0
SENIOR LONG TERM DEBT 106 862 132 275 64 002 23 208
LOANS FROM SHAREHOLDERS/DIRECTORS 0 0 0 0
SUBORDINATED DEBT 0 0 0 0
OTHER LONG TERM LIAB 0 0 0 0
PENSION PROVISIONS 0 0 0 0
OTHER PROVISIONS 0 0 0 0
TOTAL NON CURRENT LIABILITIES 3 161 666 5 021 901 3 122 809 3 040 646
SHORT TERM DEBT 6 490 204 3 134 461 760 328 0
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE 4 916 314 5 443 842 7 549 264 6 847 010
TAXES PAYABLE 0 80 553 327 398 344 951
CURR MAT OF LONG TERM DEBT 115 259 111 210 72 718 35 740
OTHER CURRENT LIABS 102 974 488 242 0 26 436
TOTAL CURRENT LIABILITIES 11 624 751 9 258 308 8 709 708 7 254 137
TOTAL LIABILITIES 14 786 417 14 280 209 11 832 517 10 294 783
SHAREHOLDER'S FUNDS 24 976 574 26 453 178 25 884 025 25 650 380
MINORITY INTEREST 0 0 0 0
TOTAL EQUITY 24 976 574 26 453 178 25 884 025 25 650 380
TOTAL LIABS AND EQUITY 39 762 991 40 733 387 37 716 542 35 945 163
BS TEST (S/B 0) 0 0 0 0


now each financial year (Mar-08 ) is stored as a record in the db, all this are calculated already i only want to display them, OK my challenge here is that i have a maximum of 4 financial years 

Mar-08 Mar-09 Mar-10 Mar-11

i want to generate the financial years based on the data that comes , so there might be 2 or 1 or 3 or 4 so i need to bind this dynamically , how can i achieve this with Telerik report. 

Thanks  
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2012
3 answers
180 views
Hi Telerik Team,
I created RadChart and text report programmatically. I need to move my chart and text report inside of a ReportViewer for exporting that to Excel,pdf etc... 
But I am not sure how to make that and please help.
Please get the attached  sample.

  

Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
6 answers
178 views
hi,
    is there any body lucky in finding out wpf report  viewer in telerik reporting tool.
    1. I installed  telerik reporting tool after that i started to create a sample report that i kept in a control library project.
    2.then I added a wpf application project in the same solution.after that i added references  teassemblyref://Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf, control library ( a report is created inside before).
    3. then i added the same(Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf) in my xaml code file and given the alias.
    4.after that ,inside the  grid tag i added a tag and entered the alias and called report viewer and given aname and closed the tag.

 but no report viewer is added inside the wpf window.

but after installng RAD Control tool  report viewer is displaying in case we following the same procedure discussed above.

 if i am right,then my question is why wpf report viewer is not available in telerik reporting tool and for that only we have to purchase RAD control also why?

waiting for a reply thanks for taking care of this thread
Adil
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
1 answer
219 views
Hi,

I want to generate .docx file at runtime from telerik reporting. But it is giving error message "DOCX file format is not supported." while rendering.
Rendering is fine with "RTF". But telerik says that we are able to export in to .docx.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
1 answer
173 views
Hello, for some time I have been pulling my hair out trying to resolve a reference error when I upgraded my Telerik Reporting to the latest version.  Everytime I run my web app on my client's network I get a message stating Telerik.OpenAccess version 2011.3.1129.2 could not be found, but on refreshing the page, this error would disappear.

I searched for hours trying to find the incorrect reference and finally found it, but not in my code.

The incorrect reference is in version 6.1.12.611 of Telerik.Reporting.DatabaseSession.dll and if I use Just Decompile, I can see a missing reference to Telerik.OpenAccess version 2011.3.1129.2 and also to Telerik.OpenAccess.35Extensions version 2011.3.1129.2, at least in my version of the reporting dll.

How can there be a reference to 2011 Q3 OpenAccess in the 2012 Q2 Telerik Reporting dll?

Regards, Jonathan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
4 answers
181 views
I have inherited an application that was using a old version of the reporting tool.
Good news: I've gotten the above version installed on my machine (where none was installed previously).
Bad news: I got a number of compile errors now and I really haven't found anywhere to go where I can figure out what the code was/is doing.

I have made some changes to other methods (SWAGS trust me), but NO changes here.  Here is the method that is currently causing me headaches, although I'm sure there is more coming:

 

 

 

    Private Sub DetailSection1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DetailSection1.ItemDataBound
        Dim section As Processing.DetailSection = TryCast(sender, Processing.DetailSection)
        Dim typeText As Processing.ReportItemBase = section.Items.Find("txtType", False)(0)
        Dim mfgText As Processing.ReportItemBase = section.Items.Find("txtMFG", False)(0)
        Dim catalogText As Processing.ReportItemBase = section.Items.Find("txtCatalog", False)(0)
        Dim qtyText As Processing.ReportItemBase = section.Items.Find("txtQty", False)(0)
        Dim leadTimeText As Processing.ReportItemBase = section.Items.Find("txtLeadTime", False)(0)
        Dim notesText As Processing.ReportItemBase = section.Items.Find("txtNotes", False)(0)

        Dim row As DataRowView = TryCast(section.DataItem, DataRowView)
        If row IsNot Nothing Then
            Dim val As Object = row.Row("LINE_TYPE")
            If Not (TypeOf val Is DBNull) AndAlso _
              val.ToString.ToUpper = "GRP" Then
                typeText.Visible = False
                mfgText.Visible = False
                catalogText.Style.Font.Bold = True
               
            End If
        End If

    End Sub

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Rich

 

 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
1 answer
238 views
Telerik,

I got a small problem with the background image for textboxes see screenshot below.
http://screencast.com/t/fNRZWVqLIJih

I use the following properties:
http://screencast.com/t/pDsNSRml4N3o

Is it possible to align the image to the right side?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
1 answer
203 views
Occasionally my report generates an exception which I wish to catch and handle in my web page.
I had a look at the post : http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/telerik-reporting/how-to-handle-errors-exceptions.aspx
which provides a nice piece of c# code.
I have translated this to VB to get this :
          
 AddHandler _rptBody.[Error], Sub(innerSender As Object, eventArgs As ErrorEventArgs)
      Me.ReportViewer.Report = Nothing
       Me.Label1.Text = eventArgs.Exception.Message.ToString()
End Sub


But sadly Visual Studio informs me that :

Error is not an event of object.

I have to say that c# is my language and not VB but sadly I have to do this in VB.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?