Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
174 views
I get "The service Telerik.Reporting.Design.Interfaces.IRootDesignerPresenter already exists in the service container." every time I change from one language to another on a report.  As reported in other threads, closing the report and reopening allows one to get by, but it is highly annoying if one is going to translate the same report into a dozen languages.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
3 answers
107 views
I am testing the reporting tools, but I can't seem to get past this issue.

I have a small report (that I want to use as a sub report) and it contains a table in the GroupHeader that shows information. It should also contain a table in the Details area. If I add a table (drag and drop) and I click on Preview, I get the Object not set error. If I delete the table from the Details area the Preview works.

I have also tried adding data and it works fine. It is just the table that hates me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Environment:
Visual Studio 2010 SP1 
SQL Express 2008 
Telerik Reporting Q2 2012 build 6.1.12.807


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
8 answers
807 views
Hi can anyone help me on this pls.

i am using telerik reporting "Telerik Reporting Q2 2010" in visual studio 2008. and (in add newitem i choose the telerik) and create a file called Report1.vb.

when i try to create sql datasource in properties by clicking "report parameters -> new sqldatasouurce -> new connection" it displaying the messge box "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

but it working fine in visual studio 2005. can create datasource.

not working in  visual studio 2008.

can pls help me :(
Jaco Hamilton-Attwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
3 answers
191 views
Hi

I added a new report to an already existing Report library  and strangely I am getting this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Design.Interfaces, Version=6.0.12.215, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Can you please help me figure this issue..
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
9 answers
268 views
Hello Forum,
I upgraded my free trial Telerik Reporting installation to Licensed Q3 installation. When I upgraded a VS2010 web project using Telerik Upgrade wizard, I've started getting the Error: "Image Format Not Supported: Emf" in HTML Preview and in Report Viewer in ASPX page.
I tried to change the Image format property of the individual chart objects on the report to all the other formats listed, however that seems to be not accepting any other format than Emf.

Any suggestion to resolve this problem?
Satish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
2 answers
371 views
I'm using Q1 2012 for an MVC 3 Application where a report is generated, attached to an email and sent.  The parameters are applied from an object model containing all report parameters and strings representing each value.  When applying the value in plain text, the report runs and attaches to the email as it should
EX.
Report.ReportParameter.Value[0] = "Value"

But when doing the same from the model, I receive an inner exception for an invalid parameter

Working Code:
rpt.ReportParameters[4].Value = Reporting.GetParametersObject("VAL1; VAL2");

But when the code is changed to this:
rpt.ReportParameters[4].Value = Reporting.GetParametersObject(email.EmailReportParameters.ToString());

I receive and inner exception error and the parameter value returns to null.

The GetParametersObject converts a string to an Object[].

The debugger shows the same values in both cases as type {string[]}

Model: (I've also tried an Object[] for EmailReportParameters with the same result)
public class EmailReport
    {
        public string EmailAddress { get; set; }
        public string EmailAttachmentExtension { get; set; }
        public string EmailAttachName { get; set; }
        public string EmailSubject { get; set; }
        public string EmailBody { get; set; }
        public String[] EmailReportParameters { get; set; }
    }

Single value parameters are working properly:
rpt.ReportParameters[0].Value = email.EmailReportParameters[0];

Error Detail:
InnerException   {"Invalid value of report parameter 'LineOfBusiness1'."}
 
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ResolveData()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.Process(DataMember data)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.Process(DataMember data, DataItemState state, Boolean processItemActions, Boolean documentMapEnabled)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(IReportDocument reportDocument, IDictionary processingContext)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(IReportDocument reportDocument, Hashtable deviceInfo, Hashtable renderingContext)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessAndRender(String format, IReportDocument reportDocument, Hashtable deviceInfo, Hashtable renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessAndRenderStateless(String format, IReportDocument reportDocument, Hashtable deviceInfo, Hashtable renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, IReportDocument reportDocument, Hashtable deviceInfo)
   at compucom.TrackIT.Reports.Controllers.EmailReportController.SendEmailReport(EmailReport email) in C:\Users\tk83673\Documents\Projects\ITOProdSolutions\TrackIT\USBank\compucom.TrackIT.Reports\Controllers\EmailReportController.cs:line 76
   at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2012
1 answer
83 views

Howdy,

So, like the title says - I have a simple report which uses the Report Header section to display a graphic. The header also has a border around it, as does the detail section. In design as well as during runtime it looks good - however, open print preview and it all goes down hill :)

I've attached two screenshot that show the issue. I've seen similar behavior when controls overlap etc - but there is none of that in this report (at least as far as I can tell.)

Regards,

Andreas

IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2012
3 answers
152 views
Hello,

I have like 20 reports to create...
But, the first page of the 20 reports are always the same.

Is it possible to do like a "Master page" for the first page ?
Because if one day I have to modify the first page I would like to do it once... And not on each reports.

Thank you

Jean-Yves
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2012
10 answers
630 views
Hi,

I am using telerik for reporting in my web application. I have 2 projects
1. ReportLibrary
2. Web application

I have my connection string in web.config file of my web application project.
As I have used reporing wizard to create my reports.....it saved new connection string in app.config file.
I want to use the same connection string which is there in the web.config file.

So How do we do that?
any answer would be appreciated.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2012
2 answers
156 views
I have been using Reporting Q2 2011 in VS 2010 and am wanting upgrade to the newest version. Previously I would download the msi, install it and VS would ask if I wanted to upgrade.

This time I needed to use the TelerikControlPanel to get the version installed. However, VS did not offer to auto upgrade and when I selected the upgrade wizard from VS I got the error message "There are no references to upgrade in the current solution!"

I found the instructions for the manual upgrade here http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/general/upgrading-to-a-newer-version-of-telerik-reporting.aspx but before proceeding want to see if I was missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Matthew
Tomica
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?