Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
100 views
Good Day

I am trying to build my report, but the page settings are confusing me.

For instance, I have A4 setting, with margins of 1cm, 1.2cm, 1cm, 1.2 (T,R,B,L) with no padding.

In my reportheader I have a Heading and an image. The image is docked to the right. The page width is set to 12.4cm. If I set it any larger my image is displayed on the next page.

So here is what confuses me: An A4 page has a width of 21cm. Removing the margins (L,R) we have 19cm of space to play in. Why can't I set it to anything more than 12.4cm?

Is there a document or a walk thru that can provide detailed information about sizing?

Update: Using Q2 2012 SP1 6.1.12.820. Visual Studio 2010 Pro.



Thank you
Jaco Hamilton-Attwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2012
1 answer
92 views
When upgrading to the latest version.  I now get several warnings about obsolete items in the designer.vb and designer.cs files.  Is there some way to regenerate those files to get rid of the warnings?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2012
6 answers
547 views
Hi,
I have a reportbook that contains a couple of reports.  In addition to them I want to be able to add in already generated PDFs to make one big file.  This is for a quotation system where the quote is generated by Telerik Reporting BUT I need to be able to tack on extra PDFs such as terms and conditions, custom data etc.  

I have the PDFs stored in a database so would be looking at adding them from a memory stream.

Can this be done with Telerik Reporting or will I need to generate the report and then combine all PDFs using some thrid party tool such as iTextSharp?

If Telerik Reporting cannot do it please could it be added as a feature request for the next version - I'm sure that a lot of people would find it useful.

Regards,

Jon
headPropellerHead
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2012
1 answer
96 views
Hi all,

i just created one report page.. when i create a new report page that time automatically one wizard il appear and i can set my needs from there .. but now its not appear.. when i try to access that from menu bar its shown an error like "An error occurred while processing this command , object reference not set to an instance of an object" why its shown like this., please help.

Regards,

Prassin  
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2012
3 answers
694 views
Hi, I want to set a TextBox auto-size.
I know it can be done by using Binding property and user function.
But I also need to serialize this report to xml.
Width.Value is readonly, so I cannot set it's width without using user function.
Is there any other way to do this?
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2012
10 answers
275 views
When trying to view the preview of my report in the Telerik-ReportViewer-Control in my application running NOT on my development machine I get the following error message:

"ExtensionParamter Unit on extension type Telerik.Reporting.ExcelRendering.Excel97.ExcelReport, Telerik.Reporting, Version=4.2.10.1110, Culture=neutral, PublickeyTogen=a0d7983dfcc261be can not assign the specific value.

pt is not a valid value for UnitType

Requested value 'pt' was not found."

This message only appears, if the application is not running on the development machine and the report contains data.
If the data-set is empty the report-header is shown.

Both machines (development and test) are running win7 64.

What could be the problem?
Jeremi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Aug 2012
3 answers
522 views
hi,
  I am creating a pdf using telerik report.i want to apply watermark to that pdf dynamically..is it possible to apply watermark to that pdf file...

Regards,
Narmatha.P
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
1 answer
405 views
I'm in a bit of a muddle here, these reports worked fine, until I upgraded to the latest Reporting controls. Then I had some DLL issues and ended up uninstalling and re installing again.

The reports sit in a folder and are XML files.
These are deserialised for viewing

We are now getting the error - There was an error reflecting type 'Telerik.Reporting.Report'

This is the code that doe the de serialise:
'Create an XML reader object from the updated string
Using xmlReader As System.Xml.XmlReader = System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(New System.IO.StringReader(xmlString))
 
    'Create the report object and assing it the deserialised report definition
    Dim xmlSerializer As New System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(GetType(Telerik.Reporting.Report))
    Dim report1 As New Telerik.Reporting.Report
    report1 = xmlSerializer.Deserialize(xmlReader)
    report1.Report.ReportParameters(0).Value = imagePath
    report1.Report.ReportParameters(1).Value = Session("User_GUID").ToString
 
    'Assing the report object to the report viewer
    ReportViewer.Report = report1
End Using

I know its not the latest good practice but changing the serialiser to this

Dim xmlSerializer As New Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.ReportXmlSerializer()
Dim report As Telerik.Reporting.Report = DirectCast(xmlSerializer.Deserialize(xmlReader), Telerik.Reporting.Report)

Gives the new error: - An error has occurred during xml serialization. The xml serializer cannot resolve type with name:

Searching the forum doesn't return any results, so guessing this is a new problem.
Andy

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
4 answers
430 views
I am confused.  I have a chart with 10 fields of numbers.  I select one field, go to format, and set the format to currency with zero decimal places.  Next I right click the field and select COPY STYLE.  Then I select the other 9 fields and select PASTE STYLE.  The format of the other 9 fields does not change.  I have tried selecting all the fields and then right clicking, but when I do that the format option is grayed out and unavailable.

I have had a similar experience where pasting the style from one field to another did not change the font size of the second field to match that of the first.  Doesn't COPY STYLE apply to all elements - size, font, color, bold,, etc?

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if possibly something is corrupt in my Visual Studios installation.  It seems like this should work.

Thanks,
Kevin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
1 answer
287 views
As the Title indicates, I had a version of my reports project working fine. I upgraded to 6.1.12.611 today and this line of code is throwing an error.

"SubReport7.ReportSource.DataSource = data"

The code snippet is as below

StartDate = ReportParameters("StartDate").Value
EndDate = ReportParameters("EndDate").Value
ID = ReportParameters("ID").Value
Source = ReportParameters("Source").Value
data = adapter.GetData(StartDate, EndDate, Source, ID)
SubReport7.ReportSource.DataSource = data

adapter is Table adapter and data is DataTable. Can you tell me why this code doesn't work anymore.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?