Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
71 views
RE: http://www.telerik.com/products/reporting/data-presentation-and-analysis.aspx

We are internally evaluating Telerik Reporting. Looks like to use/show charts (bar, graph, pie, etc.) we would need to also buy RAD controls. Is that a right assessment?
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2012
4 answers
245 views
My report is not bound to a DataSource, but in the PageHeaderSection my Textbox_ItemDataBinding event keeps getting called in an infinite loop.

I have a pretty complex table in a ReportHeaderSection that is bound, but stepping through the debugger the Table finishes binding its dataset without any issues.  I originally had it in the detailSection but changed it in my debugging efforts.



How can I determine what is causing the infinite loop in the PageHeaderSection when the processing is done in the ReportEngine.


Steve
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2012
1 answer
413 views
I am interested in telerik reporting. However, my requirement is that my data source needs to be json data either coming from a web service or mongodb. Is it is supported? If not, is it in the pipeline? When can we expect such feature.
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Dec 2012
2 answers
88 views
Hi,

I've seen permutations of this question come up but I haven't seen a response that has clicked for me.  I have a datasource in my report that returns data with these columns:

emp_id, fname, lname, client_name, carrier_plan_title, effective_date, client_cost_pay_freq
1, Jon, Smith, Acme Group, HMO, 01/01/2012, 400.00
1, Jon, Smith, Acme Group, Dental, 01/01/2012, 200.00
2, Lindsey, Buckingham, Acme Group, PPO, 03/01/2012, 150.00

What I'm trying do is group the information by the 'emp_id' column and then within the details section of the report, display a table that outputs the carrier_plan_title, effective_date and client_cost_pay_freq per employee.  I have figured out how to group by emp_id, but haven't figured out how to display each individual carrier_plan_title, effective_date and client_cost_pay_freq per employee.  I don't think I'm quite getting how the group and details sections and tables actually work.  attached is a screen shot of what I have.

Brett
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Dec 2012
3 answers
804 views
Good day, I'm doing the below from code behind.  Thus far all has been working until I tried to display the Count of records that the Table is show AFTER filters are applied.  The count displayed is nowhere near the correct number so I assume I'm doing something incorrectly.


private void report1_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
           var query = ExtendedData.GetExtendedAgreements(_db, _ProgramAreaID, null);
           table1.DataSource = query ToList();
 
           //Setup Column Filters based on Querystring, Proof of concept, to be made Dynamic
           //************************
           this.table1.Filters.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Filter[] {
           new Telerik.Reporting.Filter("=Fields.Province", Telerik.Reporting.FilterOperator.Equal, "Ontario")});
 
           int count = table1.Items.Count();
 
           TotalRecords.Value = Convert.ToString(count);
       }
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
10 answers
1.3K+ views
I am using a different menu system, and having both my menus and the ReportViewer toolbar is confusing the end-users.

Is it possible to hide the ReportViewer toolbar completely?

If not, is it possible to at least hide the "cancel" button specifically? All the other buttons can be hidden.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
7 answers
656 views
I know I'm missing something simple. But we are demoing Telerik Reporting and coming from using SSRS on ASP.NET projects.
For our existing locally processed reports, we put together an rdlc, the reportviewer and a datasource such as SQLDataSource.
This datasource connects to a stored proc that has multiple parameters passed in QueryString. We simply add QuerystringParameters to the datasource and we are done - the report host aspx page runs, datasource executes and the rdlc displays results in the ReportViewer.

What I can't figure out is how this works in Telerik Reporting. Its seems Telerik's SQLDataSource is defined in the report and not the 'host page' aspx and doesn't seem to accept QueryStringParameter as a parameter. So guess I need to know, how to pass the querystrings (up to 20) to the SQLDataSource the easiest way possible. We do not need report parameters, just the datasource parameters.

Sample aspx from SSRS local report:

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceX" runat="server"

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnDB %>"

SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Jobs] WHERE ([DeptID] = @d)">

<SelectParameters>
<asp:QueryStringParameter DefaultValue="2" Name="d" QueryStringField="d" />
</SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>
Or, how to just use the asp:SQLDataSource on the aspx page to 'feed' the trdx and the ReportViewer control?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
6 answers
139 views
How can you rotate the Data Lable Column.  I have it displaying a description but they run together,  I can see I can rotate differnt lables but can not seem to find the place to rotate the labels on the x axis.  I would like to rotate them about 30% so they will fit.  Also how do you show the value of the y axis in on the bars of a bar grid.  Alos I am show percentage and the y axis is only going to the largest value, how can I set it to go to 100?
Eric Klein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
0 answers
140 views
I see how to stack the StackBar or StackBar100 chart you make each stack a new series.  Is there a way to dynamically add a series.
I have a data set theat has date, category, and percentage of Sale.  What I would like would be the x be the date, then the y be the Percentage and the series be the calegory.  Depeneding on the date tsome categories may or maynot be in the data set.  Is ther a way to dynamically at run time to create the series and populate the stacked bar reports?
Eric Klein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Dec 2012
0 answers
123 views
When setting the apperance for the Series is there a way to format the lable.  Such as I am showing Percentage and it is out to 6 decimal points but in tfor the label I want only 2 decimal points.   Also is there a way to conditionally format so when the value is null nothing is shown?
Eric Klein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Dec 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?