This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report Localization Issue

2 Answers 103 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michal asked on 26 Nov 2012, 10:01 AM
I use localization of reports using the property Localizable=true which is great. The problem is, that I use a lot of expressions in TextBoxes like value=Fields.Info which I want them to stay in original, but they appear in resx file too. I am affraid, that external translator might traslate these expressions and made the report unusable.
Is there any way, how to sign some TextBoxes as "not for localization" to prevent traslation and extraction  to resx file? For instance, aout of 11 TextBoxes I need translate only 3. 

Thank you for help.
Michal

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2012, 12:46 PM
Hello Michal,

By default the expressions of all report items would end up in the .resx file and there is no way to specify which should not be localized. When you say "external translator" you refer to a service similar to google translate? Of so it does not seem like a good practice to use such automatic translator for your data, not only because it would translate every expression, but because you cannot be certain of the quality of the translation. Still, if this is the case you can manually edit the .resx files and change expressions back to their original state.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH TELERIK REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Nov 2012, 12:53 PM
Hello Steve,

thank you for your answer. By "external translator" I mean person without programmer background. They would translate everything without noticing it is an expression.

I solved it by using user function and expression calling this function. It works fine and I am able to manage phrases I only want to translate.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1