Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
251 views
I feel like this is my last hope, here is the scenario:

We are using telerik ORM for data access, and a Silverlight report viewer.

I need the ability to print multiple records based on a string filter, and also need to reset page and numbering. Each report contains a sub report that may or may not run on to multiple pages. So each record can be a different length 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, 1 of 1, 1 of 2, 2 of 2.. etc. From what I have gathered, that functionality is only available through a Report Book. However, I also read that the report book cannot be created dynamically based on the aforementioned filter.

Is there a better way to go about this?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
10 answers
578 views

We have a report that needs to be modified.  It was developed by a person who is no longer with the company.
When we bring up the page with the report on it we get the following error in the visual designer in Visual Studio:

Error Creating Control - ReportViewer1Failed to create designer 'Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportViewer,
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=4.1.10.714, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be'

 

This is the definition in the .ASCX file:

<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="ctrlBuyerInvoice.ascx.vb" Inherits="ctrlBuyerInvoice" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" tagprefix="telerik" %>
 
<telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Height="600px" Skin="Default" Width="775px"></telerik:ReportViewer>

 

What do we need to install to be able to edit this report?

Thanks

Daniel Sprague
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
1 answer
113 views
Hello there,

I have a report with one table a an object data source.
The object source is simple consuming an OData service (something like select ALL from List).
During Preview mode I can see the same item returned by the OData service twice and during execution the table is empty.
The OData Service is workig fine because is tested with LinqPad, plus I can see the same data twice during preview mode, so is nothing to do with the OData service.
The service returns two items in total.

The code to load and execute the report is simple:
            var uriReportSource =  new Telerik.Reporting.UriReportSource ();
            uriReportSource.Uri = "Reports/" + "deleteME.trdx";                        
            reportViewer1.ReportSource = uriReportSource;
            reportViewer1.DataBind();

Thanks,
javier
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
1 answer
313 views
Hello guys,

Im using Telerik_Reporting_Q2_2013 - and i have a problem to count the rows.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/130715/qbesd3up.png

At the top you can see how it is right now, at the bottom how i wish it to be.
=RunningValue("table1",CountDistinct(Fields.StartDate)) - seems to count wrong.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130715/qw6y826q.png

Please help me :)

Best regards,
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
11 answers
853 views
I have just upgraded to Q1 2013 of Reporting and I have lots of errors in the .Designer.cs files such as:

formattingRule1.Filters.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter[] {new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter("RowNumber()%2", Telerik.Reporting.Data.FilterOperator.Equal, "=1")});

The best overloaded method match for 'Telerik.Reporting.FilterCollection.AddRange (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Telerik.Reporting.Filter>)' has some invalid arguments
-------
Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Filter[]' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Telerik.Reporting.Filter>'
-------
The type or namespace name 'Filter' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Reporting.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Am I missing a dll reference?

Dan
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
4 answers
213 views
Hi,

It would be really nice for an end-user to be able to point the report designer at an OData service and have it consume that data without any other intervention necessary. (The inspiration here would be Linqpad which can dynamically bind to an OData service and then have ad-hoc queries issues against it). Any chance this could make it on the roadmap?

Thanks,
Jason
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
1 answer
145 views
Dear team,

my exist reports not working anymore after i upgrade to Q2 version.

I used the wizard to upgrade the solution but when i try to open any report, i get the below problem and i don't what to do.
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
1 answer
186 views
I have convered my telerik report successfully into a docx.  The problem i am having is on the docx file if I expand a textbox or subreport to enter data and the data entered causes the rest of data to go to next page I then have small data piece on the next page with the rest of page as white space and then continued data on third page following white space.  I do not have any page breaks in report and all textboxes subreports etc are smaller than the marginal allotment.  What I want is to be able to expand a control and add data and the rest of document flow to next page without white space.  I have keep together to false on all sections and controls in the report
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
3 answers
454 views
I have a cross tab.  It has a row group on it.  I have borders around the group, but nor each cell within the group (using conditional formatting to set the background color on every other row).  The problem I have is if the end of the page comes in the middle of a group, it doesn't put a border along the bottom of the cross tab on the page, or across the top of the row on the next page.  Is there a way to tell it I want a border if it is the first or last record on the page?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2013
4 answers
408 views
I am trying to put a superscript in a HTMLTextBox in my report using <sup></sup> tags, but am having no success. It looks like it is just ignoring <sub> and <sup> tags...I plug in <b> tags and it works correctly by bolding my text. 

Am I using the wrong tag? Has anyone come across this?
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jul 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?