Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
147 views
I'm using the report viewer q1 2013 build 7.0.13.412 and I'm setting UseNativePrinting=true.
On a 15 page report 1 machine at a customer site is 50 times larger (size the printer sees) than the other machine.
the smaller size machine has adobe PDF while the large size one has Nuance PDF and no adobe installed.  Since UseNativePrinting=true, this should make a difference though right?

It should automatically do vector printing right?
The printers are different, should that make a difference?  The other machine is on a VDI system, so maybe it doesn't tell the silverlight program that it has vector printing.

Can I force vector printing with the report viewer?  Because silverlight will default to bitmap if it doesn't see the drivers.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
5 answers
208 views
Hi Guys,

I have a C# project with a class with this method:
class Program
 {
        static void Main()
        {
            Service1Client client = new Service1Client();
            var data = client.GetGraphData(5, 150, 10, "Goodbye", "Hello");

            client.Close();
        }
 }

data is two columns with a bunch of numbers. 

Then I have a web application with a webform and a report viewer. I want a report that utilizes that data variable. How would I accomplish this?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
263 views
Hello everyone,

i've the following problem:

We have a report with a report header and a page header. The report header is only shown on the first page (as expected), an the page header is set to "printOnFirstPage = false", so that it is only shown on page 2 and following.

The page header is hidden on the first page as it should, but the space (height) of the page header is reserved above the report header and we can't find any way to hide it.

See the picture in the attachment for clearification. The green area on page 2 is the page header, the red "circeled" area on top of the first page is the space, where the page header sits when it is not "printOnFirstPage = false". Below the red circle is the report header.

Why is the content of the page header hidden on the first page, but not the blank area? Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Regards,
Michael

Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
464 views
hi

we are using Telerik reporting version 6.2.12.1017.

Arial Narrow font has used in the report with bold text. when we view the report bold fonts are shown in the report, font spacing is different with expected spacing. but when we print the document it shows plain font in the print out no bold texts are seen and the spacings also different. seems its taking normal Arial font type not arial narrow. this issue comes only in live server. when we run the same report in local it works fine.

thanks
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
145 views
I have a report which has three report parameters:
StartDate - DateTime
EndDate - DateTime
Item - Integer - (Drop down AvailableValues from a stored procedure via data source)

Auto refresh is set to false for all three parameters.

If there is no data for the default values when the report comes up in the report viewer and the user does not use the popup menu to select a date and only highlights the day and changes the value and tabs/clicks away, the drop down list does not call the stored procedure to display the values based on the new date.  If the popup menu is used, it works fine.

We have this in several reports, any idea how to work around this?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
147 views
Hi,
I'm using C# and the Reporting Framework. In my program a user is making a signature on a tablet computer into a InkCanvas Control.
Out of this InkCanvas Control i can get the StrokeCollection. Now I'm transforming this StrokeCollection to a picture and then pass it to a picturebox on the report. Is it else possible to pass that data to the picturebox?

Regards Markus 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
2 answers
289 views
Hello all
I am new with Report and I would binding a field of my Report (not a field of DataSource)
MyReport.cs 
public partial class MyReport : Telerik.Reporting.Report
{
      public string MyString
   {
      get { return "Demo Telerik Report"; }
      }
 
        public EntiteDatabase()
        {
            //
            // Required for telerik Reporting designer support
            //
            InitializeComponent();
 
            //
            // TODO: Add any constructor code after InitializeComponent call
            //
        }
}
And in my TextBox, I tried to bind with this expression "=Report.MyString" but it's dosen't work.
It's possible ?
I wouldn't use static method because this field could depending parameters of my report or others ...

thanks for help
Olivier
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
158 views
Hello,

I want to use Reporting for a series of reports for my organization - the site is based in DotNetNuke. 

I've used reporting before and am reasonably comfortable with it all... but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for broadly how to organize the reports. I would like to make a central library of reports and a report controller of sorts that handles permissions, access, and parameters. Then, I'll probably make a DNN module that shows reports matching some set of conditions. 

But, before I dive in with this, I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions or thoughts on how to organize and handle many reports. What's the best way to make sure that individual reports get the right parameters? What's the best way to store a list of reports and parameters? Are there any features of functions of Telerik's framework that apply specially in this sort of context?

Thanks,

Mike
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jul 2013
1 answer
172 views
in the following code would it be possible to pass code that deletes a page break and reformats the footer on the docx that the report is converted to.  I am thinking p.invokemethod(method name) or something like that.  This is a workaround to auto page break place in docx document at end of page.  I do not want to add to my app.config as earlier post suggests.

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult result = TelContractrp.RenderReport("DOCX", TelContractirs,deviceInfo);
            string dContract = DateTime.Now.ToString().Replace("/", "");
            dContract = dContract.Substring(0, 12);
            dContract = dContract.Replace(":", "");
            string fileName2 = result.DocumentName + "_" + dContract + "." + result.Extension;
            string filePath2 = System.IO.Path.Combine(saveLocation, fileName2);
            FileStream fs = new FileStream(filePath2, FileMode.Create);
            fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);
            fs.Close();
            System.Diagnostics.Process p = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
            p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
            p.StartInfo.FileName = filePath2;
            p.Start();
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jul 2013
3 answers
309 views
Folks

Using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2013 SP2 with Reporting version = 7.1.13.705. In my report I have a SQLDatasource (i.e. SQLDatasource2).

I would like to Filter that Datasource in Page load event of ASP.net not inside Report NeedDataSource event.

This works in Report NeedDataSource event.
private void TestReport1_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)
      {
          //Take the Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report instance
          Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report report = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report)sender;
           
          string stsql = "SELECT M.ManagerID, C.FirstName + ' ' + C.LastName AS Name, E.Gender FROM  (SELECT DISTINCT ManagerID  FROM HumanResources.Employee) AS M INNER JOIN";
          stsql += " HumanResources.Employee AS E ON M.ManagerID = E.EmployeeID INNER JOIN Person.Contact AS C ON E.ContactID = C.ContactID WHERE (E.Gender = N'F') ORDER BY Name";
          this.sqlDataSource2.SelectCommand = stsql;
         
 
      }


But I would like to filter the Datasource in Page load event of asp.net. I came up with this..

Protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            Report1 myReports = new Report1();
 
            Reports.TestReport1 myReport = new Reports.TestReport1();
 
            string stsql = "SELECT M.ManagerID, C.FirstName + ' ' + C.LastName AS Name, E.Gender FROM  (SELECT DISTINCT ManagerID  FROM HumanResources.Employee) AS M INNER JOIN";
            stsql += " HumanResources.Employee AS E ON M.ManagerID = E.EmployeeID INNER JOIN Person.Contact AS C ON E.ContactID = C.ContactID WHERE (E.Gender = N'F') ORDER BY Name";
 
// Need help here to filter SQLDatasource2..
        }
         
    }


Any help is appreciated. I use Asp.net Ajax a lot, trying to implement Telerik Reporting along with Webforms in a new project. Thanks

gc_0620


Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jul 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?