Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
569 views
Hi

I have one report with multiple Stored Procedure(return datatable) to bind
below is the code i have in aspx.cs page

Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource objectDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
            objectDataSource.DataSource =  //How to bind all datatable from aspx.cs page to my Reporttab class

            // Creating a new report
            ReportTab report = new ReportTab ();

            // Assigning the ObjectDataSource component to the DataSource property of the report.
            report.DataSource = objectDataSource;
            
            // Use the InstanceReportSource to pass the report to the viewer for displaying
            Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource reportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
            reportSource.ReportDocument = report;

            // Assigning the report to the report viewer.
            ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;

If there is any online sample it will be great for people like me
Please Guide me

Karthik.K
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2013
3 answers
351 views
I have an object data source, and I want the data source to be a single object ( I can return IEnumerable<MyDataObject> or MyDataObject) 

What's the correct way of going about this. I want to be able to return a single object, and then just go [=Fields.Field1]. When I'm doing it, I'm getting nothing printing. 
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2013
3 answers
253 views

How to I setup my filter to select the value I pass it from a webpage?

<button onclick="openWin('<%# Eval("pws_id") %>'); return false;">Open Print Window</button> 

 

function openWin(PWSID) {

 

radopen(

"print.aspx?pws_id=" + PWSID);

 

}

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
3 answers
170 views
I have a DAL (Data Access Layer) added to my report application.
I access the DAL via ObjectDataSource. This works fine. I can see the properties of the class/etc.

I can create a Report Parameter that binds to the ObjectDataSource and set the DisplayMemeber/ ValueMember Fields (no issues)
When I attempt to view the report in "Preview" the Report Parameter is blank (No Data)

I have unit tests set up to verify that data is coming back and all my tests work.

Also If I put the report in question in a web page the Report Parameter in question will populate perfectly fine.

I would really like to have the "Preview" functionality working correctly.

Can you point me in the right direction to address this issue?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
1 answer
165 views
Hi

I have created a report that has a table which show a list of file names. For each row's textbox, i have used action to make them able to launch the external file. I have provided the full file path as the "Target URL".

When i launch the report viewer, sometimes it work. Sometimes it does not work. (especially path with dots in between, such as D:\Work\R1.01\TFSSolution.Data.External.Files\instruction.pdf)
It will show the following error:
'Cannot set unknown member '{clr-namespace:Telerik.ReportViewer.Xaml;assmebly=Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight}Interactivity.Action'.' Line number '1' and line position '15114'.

Am i doing the right way to navigate to external file? The report viewer i am using is WPF.

Thanks
tungngie
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2013
4 answers
551 views
Hi,

I have an ObjectDataSource with Collection as follows:

public class Person
{
    public string FirstName {get; set;}
    public string LastName {get; set;}
    public List<Email> emails {get; set;}
}

public class Email
{
  public string Address {get; set;}
  public string Category {get;set}
}

A method returns a List<Person> that is used as the datasource for the report

In the Report Explorer I see the fields FirstName, Lastname and Email
However Email only gives me Capacity and Count and not Address and Category.  It seems that the Data Explorer cannot drill down to the Nested list of Emails and its properties.

Is there a way to set it up so that the Email fileds are exposed Data Explorer?  This way I was hoping to avoid using subreports which will get a object datasource  of "PersonEmails" from a method and use this in the details.

Thanks,
Peter



KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2013
3 answers
255 views
I have been attempting for a week now to get multiple subreports on a main report to go into multiple columns on the main report.  Instead, the subreports show up on the 2nd page?  At no time do they ever go over to the next "logical" page, but instead create new pages and show up in the first column.  I have verified that the subreports do indeed fit horizontally within the 2 columns of the report.

Is there anyway to fix this?
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2013
1 answer
182 views

Hi,
I am having a problem with Telerik Reports Printing.I am using Telerik Reports with Telerik Report Viewer. In Chrome when i click Print button it 
gives me an alert
'Unable to Perform the Print Operation'
I googled on it and found from Telerik forums that Adobe plugin should be installed and enabled 
in order to use Print, I updated my Adobe Plugin in Chrome,

This solution has resolved problem only on my local server(http://localhost:7963/) but on Live server(www.xyz.com)
it is still giving me the same alert. I am using GoDaddy hosting server. 

I am using latest version of Chrome (Version 31.0.1650.4)
and latest version of Telerik Controls


What should i do in order to perform the Print operation of Telerik Reporting on Live Server using Chrome ?

Kamran
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2013
3 answers
428 views
Hi
I see the headline NEW Standalone Report Designer for end-users in http://demos.telerik.com/reporting/home.aspx but I'm having difficulty finding any supporting documentation, overview or video.

I'd like in the first instance to determine if it would be suitable to be made available to our users and what is required to do so.
Can you let me know where the corresponding documentation is please?

Thanks
Craig
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2013
1 answer
133 views
hello,
i have a picture of 150 dpi and 3.5x2. my report is multi column. report looks perfect except html view cause html is good for 96 dpi at most. i have tried picture box properties and also tried cell background image but in both cases picture is too large for htm view. is there any work around this?
i already sent admin ticket but they will get back to me on monday and i wanted if somebody can give me some direction.
thanks

Unknown
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?