Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
277 views
Hello,

We have a requirement to allow for client side printing of a Draft for banking purposes in a silverlight application. I decided to build this in telerik reporting. Everything worked great. I installed a truetypefont (.ttf) of a MICR E13B font. I could get this font to display correctly in the designer, the preview, the html preview, and within the Silverlight application through the report viewer control; however, whenever I print, only the special characters display - the numbers do not display.

Is there something I am missing? Should I open a support ticket for this?

Kind regards,

-Ricky
Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Oct 2013
3 answers
291 views
Hello, 

I have the next situation:

1. I have an object called denominations with two string attributes.
2. I have an object called medias with two string attributes
3. I have an object called Cash with two string atributes and a list of denominations attribute
4. I have an object called Envelopes with two string atributes and a list of medias attribute
3. I have an object called Deposits with several string attributes and a list of cash and a list of envelopes in the attributes.

Something like this:

 
public class DepositWidgetDto
    {
       public DepositWidgetDto()
        {
            Accounts = new List<string>();
        }
 
        public Guid Id { get; set; }
 
        public string Number { get; set; }
 
        public List<string> SealsCodes { get; set; }
 
        public int NonRecognized { get; set; }
 
        public List<CashDto> Cash { get; set; }
 
        public List<EnvelopeDto> Envelopes { get; set; }
 
        public List<UnVerifiedDto> UnVerified { get; set; }
 
        public List<string> Accounts { get; set; }
    }

I need to show in one table all the information, no matter if I have to repeat each parent value per each child value; example:

number |  SealCode | CashList Attribute1 | CashList Attribute2 List1 | EnvelopList Att1 | EnvelopList Att2 List
0001 0001 value1 valueList1 value1 valueList1
0001 0002 value1 valueList2 value1 valueList2
0001 0002 value1 valueList3 value1 no value
0002 00012 value2 valueList12 no value no value
0002 00012 value2 valueList13 no value no value
0003 00013 no value no value value12 valueList12
0003 00013 no value no value value12 valueList13
.
.
.


How Could I do that in telerik reporting in one table?

Thanks
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2013
3 answers
73 views
I have a report that is generated and working as I would like it to, however, I am looking to allow the user at runtime to change the parametersand refresh the data.  It appears that it is possible, however, I am not seeing any detail on how it is to work.

I've tried setting "ParametersAreaVisible" to true as well as "ShowParamtersButton" to true.  But I don't see any interface for the user.  Can this be done?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2013
1 answer
139 views
it Gave this Error,
Please tell me Solution.

"Error 1 The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly.
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'FileTracker.dll': Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000001D
   at Microsoft.Build.Shared.NativeMethodsShared.InprocTracking.StartTrackingContextWithRoot(String intermediateDirectory, String taskName, String rootMarker)
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.FileTracker.StartTrackingContextWithRoot(String intermediateDirectory, String taskName, String rootMarkerResponseFile)
   at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)"

Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2013
3 answers
223 views
Hi.
Is the report viewer (HTML5) control able to resize a report acording to the device displaying the report out of the box?
Should the report desiging process be device aware when authoring?
Say a Iphone or a Nexus7 tablet

Thank you.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2013
5 answers
156 views
I have designed a report that I need to programmatically set the connection string

my report viewer code is
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
             Try
                 If Not IsPostBack Then
                    Dim uriReportSource As New Telerik.Reporting.UriReportSource()
                     Dim r As reportObj = daoFactory.GetreportObjDao.GetById(New Guid(Request.QueryString("ID")), False)
                     Dim path As String = System.Web.HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppPath + "Temp\"
                     path += ClientID.ToString() + "\" + r.FileName
                     uriReportSource.Uri = path
                    Me.trv.ReportSource = uriReportSource
                End If 
            Catch ex As Exception
                error(ex) 
            End Try
        End Sub



Here is my data source deceleration from the XML file:
<DataSources>
  <SqlDataSource ConnectionString="hippo" SelectCommand="select top 1 fl.license, f.*, a.* from t_facility_license fl inner join t_facility f on f.facilitylicenseguid = fl.facilitylicenseguid outer apply ( select top 1 * from t_address where foreignkeyguid = f.facilityguid and addresstype = 'Physical' ) a where fl.facilitylicenseguid = @FacilityLicenseGuid order by f.createdate" Name="FacilityLicense">
 
  </SqlDataSource>
</DataSources>

How do I programmatically set the connection string "hippo"?

Thanks!
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
1 answer
192 views
Is it possible to have a Telerik Report connect to an IBM i Access for Windows ODBC data source?  Or is this not a compatible database type for Telerik?  If it is possible, does it require a certain version of Telerik Reporting?  I'm currently using Q3 2011.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
2 answers
342 views
Hi,

I am getting the following errors while try to run report from silverlight report viewer.
Previously it was working with the licensed version 7.1.13.612 and currently I am using updated version 7.1.13.802
in Telerik.Reporting.dll, Telerik.Reporting.Service.dll, Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.dll

Please help me to find out the solution of this bug for client release.

Error in silverlight report viewer :

Error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException : An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Service.SilverlightClient.ListRenderingExtensionsEventArgs.get_Extensions()
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.ReportViewerModel.OnListRenderingExtensionsCompleted(Object sender, ListRenderingExtensionsEventArgs e)

------------- InnerException: -------------

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException : The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Remoting.RealProxy.Invoke(Object[] args)
   at proxy_2.EndListRenderingExtensions(IAsyncResult )
   at Telerik.Reporting.Service.SilverlightClient.ReportServiceClient.OnEndListRenderingExtensions(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result)

------------- InnerException: -------------

System.Net.WebException : The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result)

------------- InnerException: -------------

System.Net.WebException : The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EndGetResponse>b__9(Object sendState)
   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)

Error in Fiddler :

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Content-Length: 1565
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:16:04 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
  <head>
    <title>Service</title>
    <style>BODY { color: #000000; background-color: white; font-family: Verdana; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; } #content { margin-left: 30px; font-size: .70em; padding-bottom: 2em; } A:link { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:visited { color: #6699cc; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:active { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } .heading1 { background-color: #003366; border-bottom: #336699 6px solid; color: #ffffff; font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 26px; font-weight: normal;margin: 0em 0em 10px -20px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 30px;padding-top: 16px;} pre { font-size:small; background-color: #e5e5cc; padding: 5px; font-family: Courier New; margin-top: 0px; border: 1px #f0f0e0 solid; white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; } table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; font-family: Verdana;} table th { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; font-weight: bold; background-color: #cecf9c;} table td { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; background-color: #e5e5cc;}</style>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="content">
      <p class="heading1">Service</p>
      <p>Endpoint not found.</p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

service tracelog error :

The incoming HTTP request's URI 'http://localhost:8080/' does not match any service operation.

app.config file :

<appSettings>
    <add key="DhaaniReportURL" value="http://localhost:8080/" />
    <add key="ClientSettingsProvider.ServiceUri" value="" />
    <add key="NetworkMachinesConnStr" value="uid=root;password=;host=.;database=NetworkMachines;protocol=pipe;pipename=mysql;pooling='True';Min Pool Size=10;Max Pool Size=500" />
  </appSettings>
  <system.serviceModel>
    <bindings>
      <basicHttpBinding>
        <binding name="BasicHttpsBindingConfig" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647" receiveTimeout="00:30:00" sendTimeout="00:30:00">
          <readerQuotas maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647" />
        </binding>
      </basicHttpBinding>
    </bindings>
    <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" />
    <services>
      <service name="ReportingWCFWindowsService.ReportService" behaviorConfiguration="ReportServiceBehavior">
        <host>
          <baseAddresses>
            <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8080/" />
          </baseAddresses>
        </host>
        <endpoint address="ReportService" binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IReportService">
          <identity>
            <dns value="localhost" />
          </identity>
        </endpoint>
        <endpoint address="ReportService/resources" binding="webHttpBinding" behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior" contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IResourceService" />
        <endpoint address="" binding="webHttpBinding" behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior" contract="ReportingWCFWindowsService.IClientAccessPolicy" />
        <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange" />
      </service>
    </services>
    <behaviors>
      <serviceBehaviors>
        <behavior name="ReportServiceBehavior">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
        </behavior>
      </serviceBehaviors>
      <endpointBehaviors>
        <behavior name="WebBehavior">
          <webHttp />
        </behavior>
      </endpointBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
  </system.serviceModel>

Note :
When I run the service base address in browser it works fine. URL : http://localhost:8080/

ReportService.cs :

[ServiceContract]
    public interface IClientAccessPolicy
    {
        [OperationContract, WebGet(UriTemplate = "/ClientAccessPolicy.xml")]
        Stream GetPolicy();
    }

    [System.Runtime.Serialization.KnownType(typeof(object[]))]
    public class ReportService : ReportServiceBase, IClientAccessPolicy
    {
        static string sReportURL = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["DhaaniReportURL"].ToString();
        static readonly Uri baseUri = new Uri(sReportURL);

        protected override Uri BaseAddress
        {
            get { return baseUri; }
        }

        protected override string ApplicationPath
        {
            get
            {
                //return System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExecutablePath) + "\\";
                //Make sure that the ApplicationPath property always returns a valid directory path that ends with a slash (/) or a backslash (\)

                return System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExecutablePath) + "\\"; // for WinForms applications
                //return System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.PhysicalApplicationPath; // for ASP.NET applications
            }
        }

        public Stream GetPolicy()
        {
            var fs = new FileStream(Path.Combine(this.ApplicationPath, "clientaccesspolicy.xml"), FileMode.Open);
            var bytes = new byte[fs.Length];
            fs.Read(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
            fs.Close();

            if (WebOperationContext.Current != null)
            {
                WebOperationContext.Current.OutgoingResponse.ContentType = "application/xml";
            }

            return new MemoryStream(bytes);
        }
    }

SummaryReport.cs :

public partial class SummaryReport : Report
    {
        public SummaryReport()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

        public List<Machine> GetReportData(string pcs, DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime, double dHours, bool isCustom)
        {
            string sInstallationName = string.Empty;
            string sInstallationAddress = string.Empty;
            string sVersionInfo = string.Empty;

            InitConn();
            List<Machine> lstMachine = new List<Machine>();
            return lstMachine;
       }

Report.xaml.cs :

                repViewer = new ReportViewer();
                repViewer.RenderBegin += new RenderBeginEventHandler(repViewer_RenderBegin);
                repViewer.ReportServiceUri = new Uri(App.p_ReportEndPoint);
                repViewer.Report = "ReportingWCFWindowsService.SummaryReport, ReportingWCFWindowsService";

        void repViewer_RenderBegin(object sender, RenderBeginEventArgs args)
        {
            args.ParameterValues["pcs"] = machines.TrimEnd(',');
            args.ParameterValues["startTime"] = p_DTStart;
            args.ParameterValues["endTime"] = m_EndDateForResult;
            args.ParameterValues["dHours"] = m_Hours;
            args.ParameterValues["isCustom"] = isCustom;
            //progIndicator.Stop();
        }



Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
3 answers
86 views
Hi,
We have a report with 40 number of columns. We want to show that report in a such way that, user will be able to do paging with columns also.What I mean is, we want to show only 10 number of columns on first page.And then when user will click on next columns, then it should show next 10 columns and so on.
So can you please let me know is it possible to implement such column paging functionality with Q3-2010 reporting controls.
Also while doing so can we also make available both paging for user i.e.Physical paging and logical paging(Column Paging).

Thanks,
Sachin.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
2 answers
707 views
Hi All,

I am using Q3 2008 version of Telerik Reporting.
I have 1 report which contains a subreport in it.
Subrport is for each row (e.g. For each Date field in main report I am showing events for the dates in the subreport below that row).

I have aligned the report and subreport properly.
When I do export to excel a blank row gets created between tow main report records event regardless of whether there is data exists in subreport or not.

(If subreport has multiple rows for a record then there is no blank row between s8ubreport records but still it shows a blank row between tow main report records).

If I remove subreport from the main report and do export to excel then there is no blank row betwen two records.

Is this a correct scnerio that if there is any subreport then it takes a row for that subreport?
If not then can anyone please let me knowm what could be missing?

Best Regards,
Hrushikesh.
Dada
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?