Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
193 views
I have no exposure whatsoever to Telerik reporting (and unfortunately I need a quick answer.)

It's my understanding that Telerik Reporting is completely incompatible with SSRS, a totally different system.

If so, we've run into a technical roadblock with SSRS and I'm looking for alternatives.

Can anyone definitively tell me (and better yet provide a sample) if Telerik Reporting is capable of exporting a report into PDF that consists of a title/cover page that is entirely covered by an image, and a following set of report pages that all have header and footer fields?

(I know this sounds trivial but apparently header/footers in SSRS leave blanks on the title page, even if they're set to do not print.)
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2013
1 answer
98 views
Hi,
I started to use Telerik Reporting, and I have one question:
Can I set the report's Data Source to XML Data Source in external Report Designer?
Thanks in advance!
DMSoft
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2013
5 answers
211 views
Hi

Probably, there is a very simple solution but i can't find.
i want to add report parameter for dynamic filtering by end user.
Parameter is seen in preview, but not seen in parameters area in browser. Instead of parameters, "Not Found" written in parameters area.
I m searching about hours but can not find anything

Thanks 
Mustafa

**Here is preview**
http://i.stack.imgur.com/Usagj.png


**Here is browser view**
http://i.stack.imgur.com/mV5Pj.png



**My index view**

   
<div id="reportViewer1" class="k-widget">
            loading...
        </div>
          
          
        <script type="text/javascript">
            $reportViewer = $("#reportViewer1")
                .telerik_ReportViewer({
                    serviceUrl: "/api/reports/",
                    templateUrl: '/ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate.html div.trv-report-viewer',
                    reportSource: { report: "MyClassLib.Group, MyClassLib" },
                    viewMode: telerikReportViewer.ViewMode.Interactive,
                    scaleMode: telerikReportViewer.ScaleModes.SPECIFIC,
                    scale: 1.0
                });
     
        </script>


**Parameter settings**

http://i.stack.imgur.com/MPwXB.png

Mustafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2013
2 answers
332 views
Hi all

$reportViewer = $("#reportViewer1")
    .telerik_ReportViewer({
        serviceUrl: "/api/reports/",
        templateUrl: '/ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate.html',
        reportSource: { report: "MyClassLib.Group, MyClassLib" },
        viewMode: telerikReportViewer.ViewMode.Interactive,
        scaleMode: telerikReportViewer.ScaleModes.SPECIFIC,
        scale: 1.0,
        PersistSession: false
    });
I take this code part from a sample project and modify only reportSource. It was working but i didn't know how it was working
Then i've tried to add reporting parameter, then problems started to show itself. Parameters not shown in parameter area in browser view although shown in design view. That's why i want to learn how it's working.
I've searched documents in internet but couldn't found.

I wonder especially, how  serviceUrl is work and where is /api/reports/
i would appreciate, if you tell what other parameters is for and how they are working or give link of a document.

Mustafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2013
1 answer
191 views
Hi 
Is it possible to use the Html5 reportviewer with MVC5 and WebApi2?
If not, when will this support be added?

Thank you
Heinrich
Youi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2013
1 answer
144 views
Since moving to W3 2013, we've noticed some display issues with the ReportViewer, specifically in the header. Images aren't aligned, target areas (for clicking) vary in size, etc. We've tried changing the skin, but the issues persist. The attached screen shot will show what I am talkign about.

Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions?
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2013
4 answers
264 views
Hello Guys, 

In my DB I have a column with bool value, when I get a report my report viewer show this column as "TRUE" or "FALSE", I want change this report viewer to show "YES" and "NO". How can I do this?

I posted in attach a image showing this.

Thanks!
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2013
1 answer
608 views
Hello,

Let's say I have a table with two columns defined as following:

ITEMS ON HAND
=Sum(Fields.transaction_units)

STOCK VALUE
=Fields.item_unit_cost * Sum(Fields.transaction_units)

What I want is to sum stock value in the table footer. I tried

=Sum(Fields.item_unit_cost * Sum(Fields.transaction_units))

but nested aggregates are not allowed. This is a quite common scenario, so I suppose that there is a simple way to achieve it?

Thanks
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2013
1 answer
130 views
I have done a custom format function in code behind


        public static string FormatYesNo(Int16 skill)
        {
            if (skill ==0)
                return "No";
            else
                return "Yes";
        }

But when i render the report i get this error shown in screen shot
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2013
1 answer
104 views
Hi,

Today I have upgraded my Telerik reporting service with Q3 2013 7.2.13.1016 and upgraded all the reports using telerik Upgrade report wizard too. I was able to pass report parameters in previous version. But in this version, Report parameters are going to pass from Silverlight application to my Report.But on ItemDataBinding event, I am getting Report parameter without any value.Please guide me for the same. Why suddenly working thing get stop working due to new update?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?