Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
116 views
I have a TypeReportSource setup which works perfectly, but the parameters added to the report source don't appear in the instantiated report class, i.e. I add 10 here from the model but when I look for them in the NeedDataSource event, the collection is empty.

Newtonsoft is installed from nuget and not in the GAC.

@{
    var typeReportSource = new TypeReportSource() { TypeName = Model.ReportQualifiedAssemblyDetail };
 
    foreach (var parameter in Model.ReportData.Parameters)
    {
        typeReportSource.Parameters.Add(parameter.Name, parameter.Value);
    }
             
    @(Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer()
        .Id("ReportViewer")
        .ServiceUrl("/api/reporting/")
        .TemplateUrl("/ReportViewer/templates/CustomReportViewerTemplate.html")
        .ReportSource(typeReportSource)
        .ViewMode(ViewModes.PRINT_PREVIEW)
        .ScaleMode(ScaleModes.FIT_PAGE_WIDTH))
}

Is there something I need to do to get the parameters to appear in the report class, as parameters are rendered useless if I can't actually use them.

Mark
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Nov 2013
2 answers
176 views
I'm on windows 8.1
IE version 11.0.96600.16438
The report works, I can print it fine, but there is no height to the report, so I can't see it in IE.
 Chrome is fine.  

Very basic setup:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>

        <telerik:ReportViewer ShowZoomSelect="True"   
            ZoomMode="PageWidth" Width="1000px" Height="500" ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server">
        </telerik:ReportViewer>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2013
8 answers
584 views
Hello,
Can someone please help me out with displaying a series of graphs on a webpage? Essentially, what I want to do is have a webpage that clients can log into to view visual statistics of a web survey. But I can't find any information about how to do this using reporting -specifically, how to get the graphs working in a web page. Is there any tutorials on this?

Tris
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2013
7 answers
730 views

In some reports we use the background image.
Sinds the update from Q2 2012 to Q3 2013 SP1 we needed to change the way to set a backgound image.

From
report.Style.BackgroundImage.ImageData = imageData
to
report.PageSettings.BackgroundImage.ImageData = imageData

Sinds this change the backgroundimage is not fully visible anymore. The data from a detail section / subreport is now a overlayer above the backgroundimage.

How can i prevent this?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2013
4 answers
146 views
I'm having trouble passing an integer parameter to a user defined function. I've read all of the posts and the kb article, but I can't seem to pass an interger to my function. I can pass a string, but not an integer. 

Here's what I've got:

public static string GetInt(int orgId)
{
    return "Get Int: " + orgId.ToString();
}
 
public static string GetText(string orgId)
{
    return "Get Text: " + orgId;
}

My binding expressions are:

= GetText(Parameters.ParmString.Value)

= GetInt(Parameters.ParmInt.Value)

Integer Parameter: AllowBlank: True, AllowNull: False, MultiValue: False, Type: Integer, Value: 9999

String Parameter: AllowBlank: True, AllowNull: False, MultiValue: False, Type: String, Value: Test String


Thanks. All help is appreciated.
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2013
3 answers
186 views
I have a pie chart which can have a large number of legends, when this happens, the legends becomes several columns and seems to push the pie chart outside the plot area, thus the chart is either partly or fully invisible.

Is it possible to make the legend expand vertically, rather than horizontally?

In Visual Studio, I have the legend overflow as column (Visual Studio > Properties > Legend > ItemTextAppearance > Overflow > Column) currently. Setting the Overflow as Row doesn't help either.

Edit:
Ignore the % in the legend, I know it's incorrect.
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2013
2 answers
110 views
Hello,
I have added parameters through coding. and set visibility false. These parameters visibility depend on other parameter value. When the parameter value changes I set visibility to true but on preview button first click these parameters doesn't display. I need to click once again.

please help.
Thanks Satish
Satish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Nov 2013
1 answer
273 views
Hi,

I am facing some issues to disable the Report parameter drop down in Telerik Report Viewer. I want to disable report parameter drown based on another Report Parameter value. Example: I have two report parameters like Country and States. If i select a country form country drop down corresponding states should be filtered(this is achieved) and if i select "ALL" in the country drop down States drop down should be disable. I am not able to disable the states drop down.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
Satya 
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2013
1 answer
284 views
SqlDataSource seems to work fine with an Oracle DB connection string but I cannot get the EntityDataSource component to work with Oracle.  Is this supported please?  I do not see any document for this combination.

I set up the EntityDataSource component using the wizard and then when I click on the Preview tab the following error appears:

An error has occurred while processing Report 'Report1':
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
------------- InnerException -------------
An error occurred while getting provider information from the database. This can be caused by Entity Framework using an incorrect connection string. Check the inner exceptions for details and ensure that the connection string is correct.
------------- InnerException -------------
The provider did not return a ProviderManifestToken string.
------------- InnerException -------------
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
------------- InnerException -------------
The network path was not found


It seems to show a SQL rather than Oracle error!

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2013
1 answer
79 views
Good Afternoon,

I am currently trialing the Reporting DevTool with a view of purchasing it providing it can acheive what i am trying to achieve.  I have been having a look on the forums and the Help files for the reporting to try and solve an issue that i am having, however at the minute i am unable to find a complete solution.  Hence the post in here.

Basically what i have is a report that i have designed and is previeving exactly as i would expect it to in the .Net design viewer in VS2012.  However what i am trying to achieve is changing the datasource at runtime for that report before displaying it.  I have found out the following links:

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/programmatic-creating-report.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/winforms-report-viewer-embedding.html

which i believe detail what i am trying to acheive however when i try and put them together i dont seem to get anything and i cant set the report to open in the viewer.  Could someone please provide me with some advice and guidance as to how i can achieve this. 

Thank you in advanced

Luke Frost
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?