Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
167 views
First I am using the Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms ver 8.0.14.507 with VS 2013 Professional SP2.

I am using the reportviewer on a web form running inside of telerik:RadAjaxPanel and I initially have the reportviewer visible set to false.

        <telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" 
            Visible="False" Width="100%" Height="600px" ViewMode="PrintPreview">
        </telerik:ReportViewer>

When I run my webform and select the date to show my report for then in code behind I then set the reportviewer visible to true, the reportviewer does not show up in VS 2013 SP2 using IIS Express.

            ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource
            ReportViewer1.Visible = True
            ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

I can disable ajax in the RadAjaxPanel and then the reportviewer shows up correctly. I can also run the webform on the live server with ajax enabled and it again shows up correctly. I can also run the same webform in VS2010 with ajax enabled and it again shows up correctly.

So the problem is that with ajax enabled in VS 2013 SP2 the reportview is not showing up running in IIS Express. I have also tried Google Chrome, IE 9, Safari and the same across all browsers. I believe that it was working in VS2013  SP1. All other ajax pages work ok, just not the reportviewer.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? 
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2014
3 answers
442 views
I'm working with Telerik Reporting Q1 2014 in ASP NET C#.
Using ReportViewer I'm having the problem that in google-chrome browser any font in bold is showing in regular font. This doesn't happen in Mozilla FireFox neither in internet explorer, just in Google-Chrome. ¿What could be happening? ¿What can I do to fix it?

I hope you can help me
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2014
1 answer
392 views
Hi,
I have added a conditional formatting in one of my report to make red a date if it is older than 30 days:

=Field.StatusDate <= = Now().AddDays(CDBl(-30)))       then I apply the style : background = red

The above is working fine and I get the desired result.

My problem now is to exclude from the above conditional formatting the values having "Field.StatusDate older than 30 days" where the "Field.Status" value is ="B"

Can some one help please?

Thank you,
Felice
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2014
1 answer
346 views
Is it possible to display a dataset spread over 2 sets of columns in a table?

Eg

Desc     Value     Desc       Value
Item1   xxx         item2    xxx
Item3   xxx         item4    xxx

thanks
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2014
7 answers
440 views
Hi

I'm using the Q3 preview and have built the report viewer into a web page. Currently, when print is selected, a PDF is created, which has to be manually printed from a PDF viewer. This seems a bit clunky - will the Q3 release enable me to print directly to the default printer, or to select a printer based on a report property?

Cheers
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2014
3 answers
236 views
I am using a customised linq to sql datacontext in a objectdatasource. When I add this datasource to a table, it shows error  'Ambiguous match found'. I think it's my Shadowed property that causes this error. Is there any work around? I need to use Shadows as I want to hide the property generated from  linq to sql datacontext and use my inherited class with pre-filtering.

This is what my customised datacontext looks like: 
Public Class ReportTestFiltered
  Inherits ReportTestDataContext
  Public Sub New()
    MyBase.New()
  End Sub
 
  Public Shadows ReadOnly Property Users() As IQueryable(Of User)
    Get
      Return MyBase.Users.Where(Function(x) x.Active).AsQueryable()
    End Get
  End Property
End Class
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2014
1 answer
97 views
Hello.
telerik reporting:

I'm doing some reports but I think consultation with a string and pass it to SqlQuery.SelectCommand need.

example:
this.SqlQuery.SelectCommand = "SELECT * FROM WHERE EMBARQUE_HISTORICO_DOV (FECHA_EMBARQUE> = TO_DATE (\ '22 / 05/2014" + "\ ', \' dd / MM / yyyy \ ')) AND (FECHA_EMBARQUE <= TO_DATE (\ '23 / 05/2014 \ ', \' dd / MM / yyyy \ ')) ";
I enter that manually and it generates the report, we mention that this database pl / sql developer.

So I think my string and the select, from and where I need and what happened as a parameter to the report. As the recovery of the parameter string in telerik reporting.
Should be:
this.SqlQuery.SelectCommand = Mystring
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jun 2014
1 answer
113 views
Dear Telerik,

Can you advise me where to find more information about enabling PPTX export option on the Telerik Report Viewer? So far I only have the following options: pdf/csv/excel/rich/TIFF/web/XPS.

Also if possible, where can I find more demo documentation (like rad controls) for telerik reporting?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jun 2014
3 answers
121 views
I have to create a report in C# with a design like tables in tables. Repeating datas have different column and row counts and different data types (string and bool). So I can not use wizard an I have to create it in code behind.

The answers you gave far questions like this leads to videos and help pages which are teaching wizards. I could not find a good answer for my question at the and of google search for 3 days and 38 hours. Please help.
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jun 2014
1 answer
215 views
Hi,

I am using the HTML5 report viewer and even though I have installed and told the report to render styles using the TTF version of Open Sans, it is instead substituting Microsoft Sans Serif when showing it on the site in HTML5.  It is working fine in the report designer for Visual Studio. i.e. it is rendering using Open Sans and the style definitions are all correct.

Please help.

Andrew
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jun 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?