Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
368 views
Hello everyone

I'm currently developing a WinForm application for our company which should be able to print labels. And I also have a print preview. For the preview I'm using Telerik.ReportViewer class. The preview itself is working fine and so is the print.

But I have one little issue: The ReportViewer displays a vertical scrollbar. I thought maybe the label is too big so I resized it to 0.5cm height and 0.5cm width so it won't be too big. But the scrollbar is still there and I'm not able to remove or hide it. Is there any property to do this? What I could do is to increase the height of the ReportViewer but this is a very bad solution and I don't want to go this way.

I hope someone can help me.

Suggestions very appreciated :)

Regards,
Roman
Roman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2014
1 answer
405 views
I am using Telerik Report Designer Q2 2014 trial version.I need support from your end for solving follow problem.



I need to design a report with binding data horizontally on detail section as below



Header1Data11 Data12 Data13

Header2   Data21 Data22 Data23

Header3 Data31 Data32 Data33



So I used
Table/Crosstab for that with rotate layout.This is fine, but when the
records are more then, there is no pagebreak property for
table/crosstab. As expecting suggestion from your side, If I use detail
section for pagebreak, then how can data will bind horizontally on
detail section as below



===============Detail Section==================



Header :  Fields.CompanyName  Fields.CompanyName  Fields.CompanyName



============================================



Straight Forward: Table had 5 records in attached screen shot.I need to get 3 records per page. 



Give me proper suggestion to achieve my desire report layout
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2014
8 answers
339 views
Hello,
I've upgraded to Telerik.Reporting, Version 5.0.11.316

Its release notes says:
Added new export formats based on Office Open XML standards available in Microsoft Office 2007 and above:
    Excel Worksheet (.xlsx)
    Word Document (.docx)
    PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx)

However, on the report viewer I do not see these new options added to the dropdown list of export options.
Do you know why this could be?

Thanks,
Horacio.-
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2014
5 answers
214 views
 Since the excel grid lines are shown or not is controlled via the ShowGridlines device setting. Is there any sample code for C#? I have no idea how to configure even after read the following articles:



Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2014
1 answer
90 views
Hi I just try Telerik Reporting using Visual Studio and I have some questions.

Does the Framework works with collections with inherited types ?
If yes, is there a way to create a different detail for each data types ?

Can we have multiple data sources ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards.
GT

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2014
7 answers
1.5K+ views
Hi,

I am trying to use conditional formatting for a visible Group section and  I want to  compare a field value.

Compare the field "InvoiceType"

Fields.InvoiceType equal "2" Or "0" then Visible the Group section

now I'm set visible : false in Group Property.

Please help to do that

Thanks.
Shanka.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2014
6 answers
323 views
Greetings,

The company I'm working for decided to evaluate Telerik's reporting tools.
I visited the reporting portal to view some demos. I noticed that there're two different offerings: The HTML5 viewer and the ASP.Net viewer.

I assume that the ASP.Net viewer is just a .Net wrapper around the JS/HTML/CSS workings of the plain HTML5 viewer, but I noticed that the two viewers differ in appearance and in some behaviours (the preloader that appears when the report is being fetched for example).

Can anyone provide me with guidance about the architecture and composition of the two viewers to be able to evaluate when to use which?
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2014
1 answer
140 views
When we export report in Silverlight application to the PowerPoint presentation the empty shape is created on the place (border) of detail section.
How to prevent this issue?
You can test this issue on the demo version on this site.
Export the report to the PP, open presentation and click on the white space. You will see the selected border around the shape. You can delet it without any change on the slide. This is "a trace" of detail section of the report. (see attachment)

http://demos.telerik.com/reporting/SalesByRegionDashboard/silverlightdemo.aspx
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2014
6 answers
280 views
I am unable to perform any exports in my reports that are displayed correctly in the html5 viewer when running locally in Visual Studio Development.  My reports are classes (not trdx).  I am using mvc.  I have the reporting api (exact copy as in the examples (they have a map path to \reports even though I am using classes so this may be the issue).   The message that I receive when I press the export pdf (or any other option) in chrome is:

{"message":"An error has occurred.","exceptionMessage":"Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<System.String,System.String>> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessageExtensions.GetQueryNameValuePairs(System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage)'.","exceptionType":"System.MissingMethodException","stackTrace":" at Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi.ReportsControllerBase.GetResponseContentDisposition(HttpRequestMessage request)\r\n at Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi.ReportsControllerBase.GetDocument(String clientID, String instanceID, String documentID)\r\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass17.<GetExecutor>b__10(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

In ie it simply says that it failed.

I imagine that I have failed to do something simple in some setup.

Thanks,
Thom
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
1 answer
198 views
Hi,
I have a master report with chart, chart has customer name and amount of purchase. I want to click on chart and pass customer name to detail report as a parameter to show more detail about that specific customer. I used action to point to detail report but i dont know what is the format of passing parameters in report designer. I assume this is doable in stand alone mode. I dont want to get involved in Visual studio

I really appreciate your help
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?