Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
86 views
I have a report with a Cross tab which has check Boxes for individual employees for each date. I would like to insert a single row which holds employee information beneath the columns which have the check Boxes, but which ignores those columns for each record.

For Example:

Employee   9/1/2014  9/2/2014 9/3/2014

john doe         X             O                X
                           EMPLOYEE ID 1

jane doe        O              X               X
                           EMPLOYEE ID 2

Is this possible?
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2014
1 answer
343 views
Hi,
I have created Telerik report as Report1.vb, I want to call this report in my webform. Is there any code to call report in webform on button click. If any idea please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Syam Anil.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2014
5 answers
291 views
Hello everyone,

I want to export report object to database. 

The idea is to convert the object to byte array and then write to database.

But the problem is that the Telerik.Reporting.Report object cannot be converted to byte array because [Serializeable] attribute is not defined in the class.

My question is that, is there any solution to this. Can anyone give other solutions to export object to database or any workaround?

Thank you.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2014
1 answer
108 views
I'm just evaluating Reports.  The first question that comes to mind is: Can reports created in VS Designer be opened and modified in Standalone Designer, and/or Can reports created in be opened and modified in  Standalone Designer be opened and modified in VS Designer?  is any functionality lost?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2014
1 answer
860 views
Hi there 

Try to make it work the HTML5 Telerik report and I have not managed to get it, they can appreciate please attach a demonstration of this. Currently I have the latest version of Telerik Reporting Q2 2014 SP1 (Version: 8.1.14.804) and Visual Studio 2013. 

Thanks a lot 
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2014
3 answers
308 views
I'm getting having a few issues with the MVC reporting implementation. I followed every step in this link here: http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/mvc-report-viewer-extension-embedding.html, but I can't even display the product catalog report from adventure works. Initially, i was getting a JSON.Parse error in this function: On line 4, line 743 in the telerikReportViewer-8.1.14.804.js file included in my project.

01.function formatXhrError(xhr, status, error) {
02.            var err;
03.            if (xhr) {
04.                var msg = JSON.parse(xhr.reponseText);
05.                if (msg) {
06.                    err = msg.message;
07.                    if (msg.exceptionMessage) {
08.                        if (err) {
09.                            err += "<br/>";
10.                        }
11.                        err += msg.exceptionMessage;
12.                    }
13.                }
14.            }
15.            if (error) {
16.                err = error + ":<br/>" + err;
17.            }
18.            return err || error;
19.        }

After I stepped through the javascript, I found that the STATUS being passed into the function was a "parser error" and the ERROR was "unable to get report parameters". Initially, I was using the adventure works database and product catalog report, but I just decided to design my own from my own database. I used the report wizard inside Visual Studio 2012 and the preview worked great. However, as soon as I added it to the report viewer on my page, I get stuck here again.... Not sure what to do, because none of my reports take parameters. The report viewer shows up on my page no problem, but nothing is displayed.

My Razor page I'm displaying the report viewer on.
01.<div class="row fluid spacer" style="margin-bottom:0px">
02.    <div class="md-col-12">
03.@{
04.       var dataSource = new UriReportSource() { Uri = "recipients.cs" };
05.        //dataSource.Parameters.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Parameter() { Name = "CheckNumber", Value = "2315527" });
06. 
07.    }
08.@(Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer()
09.       .Id("reportViewer1")
10.       .ServiceUrl("/api/reports/")
11.       .TemplateUrl("/ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate-8.1.14.804.html")
12.       .ReportSource(dataSource)
13.       .ViewMode(ViewModes.Read)
14.       .ScaleMode(ScaleModes.SPECIFIC)
15.       .Scale(1.0)
16.       .PersistSession(false)
17.       )
18.</div>
19.    </div>

You can tell I tried just messing with adding paramters, but no luck.



Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2014
1 answer
121 views
Hello,

We need a reporting tool with the ability to report across multiple distinct cube data sources into a single cumulative report.  Our current tools can only target a single cube at a time.  They are the premade cubes from TFS and we don't want to create any new data structures.  Is this possible with Telerik reporting?

Thanks!
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2014
1 answer
283 views
Hello everyone.

Well, i work with internal and external address. My problem is when i try to use the report from external address.

If i put the value that the picturebox are receiving and put to the web browser i can see the image, but in the picture box i receive the following message:

An error has occurred while processing PictureBox 'pictureBox6':
Invalid image data.
------------- InnerException -------------
Unable to connect to the remote server
------------- InnerException -------------
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond xxx.xx.xxx.x:xxx


If i use the same report at internal adress it work fine!

I'm using version 8.1.14.618

This was working fine, i don't know when stopped working...
 
Thanks.


MARIANO
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Sep 2014
1 answer
171 views
Hi,

is it possible to add graphs dynamically to one report at runtime? I don't know how many graphs I do have when designing the report.
If it is possible, how do I achieve this?

Thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2014
3 answers
180 views
Our requirement is to display a logo on the right side of the report header. Putting a panel in the header and aligning it to the right only works during design time. If the report layout is changed while viewing from portrait to landscape, the logo does not stay docked to the right edge.

1. Is this a limitation of the docking mechanism?
2. Is there a plan to fix it?
3. Is there any workaround for this we can do in the code (manually update the position based on some event)?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?